MPstandbyHandler (1 Viewer)

BachManiac

Portal Pro
October 15, 2007
Home Country
Austria Austria
hi!

the solution "start / stop mediaportal" is unfortunately not ok, because there is an old issue I saw yesterday:

after resume my htpc often (but not always, i know, it's a strange problem) waits for an input (mouseclick or mousemovement is enough, but no remote-button works).
only when I go to the HTPC and move the mouse, the htpc continues his work and start mediaportal. THis problem I also had with DVB-Viewer a year ago. it must be a HTPC - Problem, not an Meidaportal-problem.

When MP doesn't be stopped and startet I never have this problem, so MP must not be stopped in my case.

The delay setting in MP only works on MP-start, but I need a delay setting for standby-resume on running MP, and this is not available.

but the "error-message" is not much problem, I can live with it.... ;)

tnanks

BachManiac

Portal Pro
October 15, 2007
Home Country
Austria Austria
no there isn't anything wrong, I just thougt to need a new function.

but yesterdey I tested MP without standbyhandler and I saw, that 1.0 already has fixed the problem with the deactivated tv-card during standby.

tvserver detects my card without problems after resume without standbyhandler, on RC3 it didn't.

so my problem is solved now!

but thanks for your help!! ;)

henk99

Portal Pro
October 7, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi,

I would like to try this solution, but I have no idea how I can setup this plugin to load a batch file on resume. Can some1 help me with that?

I am using this plugin: mpstandbyhandler starts this batch file after resume:
Code:

net stop inputservice
net start inputservice

and so IRSS works well again

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Just go to "Common" tab and especify your batch file as "ExternalCommand", then "Resume" tab and add a "ExternalCommand" job.

bye!

leviathan

Portal Pro
    August 9, 2007
    I really have a strange issue on my system. If my system comes back from suspend the tvserver stops and starts thanks MPStandbyHandler ;) But I cannot start a stream. My first idea was that I have to confgure more delay after suspend ... but this doesn't work. I have a delay of 240 seconds and the tvserver comes up but I can't start a stream. BUT if I start the server manual by stopping and starting from service.msc it works perfectly. I can do this seconds after the systems comes from suspend ... no problem.

Any ideas?

regard

Levi

P.S.: I use S3 Standby and I have a TT 1500 DVB-C

craigparris1

Portal Pro
    May 20, 2008
    Home Country
    OnResume called but not suspended

Hi there,

I've been trying to get a working S3 standby/resume solution working with 1.0 Final, but am having some problems. I thought I'd try the MPStandbyHandler and see if that would solve the problem - however, the program doesn't seem to be processing the events that it should when resuming. When I test the suspend/resume steps via the GUI, they process OK.

The log entries look like this:

INFO System PowerEvent: ResumeAutomatic
    WARNING OnResume - OnResume called but not suspended
    INFO System PowerEvent: ResumeSuspend
    WARNING OnResume - OnResume called but not suspended

What's likely to be the problem here?

Cheers,
    Craig

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Try reinstalling and configuring from scratch with your needs. I've got these kind of problems after doing some config changes and tests.

bye!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom