MPstandbyHandler (1 Viewer)

stounedi

Portal Pro
December 9, 2008
Re: AW: Re: MPstandbyHandler

If you really got the same stacktrace and errors then it seems to me that it has nothing to do with MPSH, cause only MP files are in the assembly list.

I also use a TT card on Vista without problems.
Try to check reinit tuner in powerscheduler in TVS.

This problem happens only when I have MPstandbyhandler installed. After I removed it the exception was gone again.

josch.hh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 29, 2008
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: Re: MPstandbyHandler

If you really got the same stacktrace and errors then it seems to me that it has nothing to do with MPSH, cause only MP files are in the assembly list.

I also use a TT card on Vista without problems.
    Try to check reinit tuner in powerscheduler in TVS.

This problem happens only when I have MPstandbyhandler installed. After I removed it the exception was gone again.

Ok, understood.
    But i really can't recreate this issue on my machine.
    If you are using WinXP then this could also be the cause.
    (Can not test it, cause i got no XP anymore)

ichessblumen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    How to get it to work with Win7 (x86 and x64)

Since I'm on Win7 the hardware reset of devices fails with MPSH. This is known.

I've found a workaround. Download the Windows Driver Kit 7.1.0 from here 619 MB
    Unzip the ISO to a folder. Then search in this folder for devcon.exe
    You'll find there
    WDK\setuptools_ia64fre_cab001.cab,
    WDK\setuptools_x64fre_cab001.cab
    WDK\setuptools_x86fre_cab001.cab

extraxt the devcon.exe which belongs to your Win7 OS and rename devcon.exe_00000 in devcon.exe

If you're on a 32-bit OS then copy the devcon.exe in %Windows\system32

Write a small .bat file my means of an editor and save it for example as "restartdevices.bat". This bat will enable or disable devices. If you'd like to enable/disable your LAN device and TV card navigate to hardware manager and find out the device number in properties tab.

here's a sample:
    Code:
    rem this disables your TV card. find out the  hardware ID of your card in device manager properties . the asterisk is a wildcard

devcon disable "PCI\VEN_1822*" 

rem give it some time thats why I use ping localhost before next command

ping localhost

rem next enables your card again

devcon enable "PCI\VEN_1822*"

In resume tab of MPSH insert then "External command" the path to the "restartdevices.bat"

I think, that'll help alot of people having problems wth reinit of tuners and LAN connections.

have fun

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    will this plugin allow my (server/client on same pc) PC to wake up automatially to begin tv recordings that have been scheduled on the sleeping tv server?

datfreak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2006
    Hi, my windows 7 pc does not wake itself up to record TV - when running MC7 is worked perfectly.,
    This is a single seat, basic PVR setup
    Ive enabled and setup both the TV server powerscheduler and the MP powerscheduler plugins.

Is there any other windows 7 settings needing to be changed?

OR this the addon to try?

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi, my windows 7 pc does not wake itself up to record TV - when running MC7 is worked perfectly.,
    This is a single seat, basic PVR setup
    Ive enabled and setup both the TV server powerscheduler and the MP powerscheduler plugins.

Is there any other windows 7 settings needing to be changed?

OR this the addon to try?

reboot after u change powerscheduler settings in mps config and tv config...or else the settings dont take effect

GermanKraut77

Portal Member
    September 19, 2010
    Hi there,

first posting here. I'm glad i recently built my own htpc. MP i'm using primarily for live-tv.
    My configuration:

Hardware
    Core i3-530, Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3, Kingston 2x2GB Value RAM DDR3 1333, Seasonic S12II 330 Bronze 330W, Bluray LiteOn iHOS104, Antec Fusion Remote Silber, Digital Devices Cine S2 , MS Media Center MCE v2 Fernbedienung inkl IR Empfänger, Scythe Big Shiruken CPU Kühler, Keysonic ACK-540 RF wireless Tastatur, Samsung EcoGreen F2 1,5 TB HD154UI
    Single Tuner configuration

Software
    - Windows 7 x86
    - Newest MP
    - MPStandbyHandler

MP runs very smooth and efficient on my htpc. First of all my htpc has no trouble entering standby and resuming.
    I've configured PowerScheduler in MP tv server and client with same settings: Suspend after 10 minutes of idling.
    Once in a while i'm running into problems after standby.
    Scheduled tv shows fail to record. Same symptoms i run into when manually triggering wakeup via MCE2 remote control. I either get that "no graph" message or MP just hangs and crashes.
    That problem happens once in a while.

What i've done to solve the problem:

- PowerupDelay: Changed setting to 750ms in registry.
    - MPStandbyHandler

I installed the service and configured various standby and resume jobs.

1. Resume:
    - MediaPortalStop
    - TVServiceStop
    - HardwareDeviceRestart
    - NetworkCheck
    - TVServiceStart
    - MediaPortalStart

2. Suspend:
    - MediaPortalStop
    - TVServiceStop

All three boxes checked in MPStandbyHandler (e.g. autostart user executable)

I got a couple questions:

1. PowerScheduler and MPStandbyHandler work together right?
    If i manually trigger standby or resume (via remote control) will those above mentioned jobs run?
    Or do i need to run some batch files?
    I got a "no free card available" error message the other day after manually waking up the htpc. It appeared those resume jobs were not executed. After "testing resume" job in mpstandbyhandler live-tv was fully functioning again.

2. Entering standby is a very fast process on my htpc. 1-2 secs. Do i need to change settings in MPStandbyHandler, e.g. delays or so?

Thx in advance.

Greetings

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom