Portal Pro
January 31, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi there,

I have been googling for ages but I cannot find a solution for this problem:

- Standbyhandler works fine for standby mode
- Standbyhandler does not start in hibernation mode

I have a laptop (Dell Latitude D800) that is connected to a power supply.

Can anybody help?

Regards,

Gregor07

P. S. You might find this interesting: After wakup my tv-card would not start. Therefore I wrote a little batch that reboots my laptop whenever I wakeup. Ever since MP starts perfectly well :)

josch.hh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 29, 2008
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: MPstandbyHandler

Hi there , im using successfully the plugin on XP sp 3.
    Wanna use it on 7 but noticed i cannot do an TV card hardware initialize , interface freezes if i try to open the hardware settings..
    Cannot do this on Windows 7 or there's a solution?

Thanks a lot

Not yet,
    got no Win7 to test it.

Hi there,

I have been googling for ages but I cannot find a solution for this problem:

- Standbyhandler works fine for standby mode
    - Standbyhandler does not start in hibernation mode

I have a laptop (Dell Latitude D800) that is connected to a power supply.

Can anybody help?

Regards,

Gregor07

P. S. You might find this interesting: After wakup my tv-card would not start. Therefore I wrote a little batch that reboots my laptop whenever I wakeup. Ever since MP starts perfectly well :)

Try to send logs

Gregor07

Portal Pro
    January 31, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hallo Josh,

MPSH is a great tool that has helped many MP users particularly when it comes to resetting TV-Cards, networks, REALLY resetting MP ...

In the meanwhile you have added so many features and functions that make it difficult (particularly for beginners like me) to create a "default" setup for MPSH to savely stop / start MP when going into / out of Standby / Hibernation.

Would it be possible to create a short manual that helps to setup MPSH?

Here is a list of questions that quickly came into my mind when looking at MSPH (not complete)

- Common: Do I have to fill in the MP Executable? Why? Can I add extensions to the executable (Start Fullscreen, .....)?
    - Common: What is Show Splashscreen for?
    - Common: When should I use "check suspend state during resume"?
    - Suspend / Resume: Do you recommend to Stop MP / TV Services in Suspend?
    - Suspend / Resume: Do you recommend to Stop MP/ TV Services in Resume?
    - What are the recommended settings for PowerScheduler when using MPSH?

Regards,

Gregor

stounedi

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    Is there any way to do the "restart device" function from normal command line?

I was thinking about making a .bat file to restart my TechnoTrend adapter, because currently for some reason MPstandbyhandler seems to give me occasional ".net framework error" when I resume from standby. And Mediaportal doesnt restart because of this...

josch.hh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 29, 2008
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hallo Josh,

MPSH is a great tool that has helped many MP users particularly when it comes to resetting TV-Cards, networks, REALLY resetting MP ...

In the meanwhile you have added so many features and functions that make it difficult (particularly for beginners like me) to create a "default" setup for MPSH to savely stop / start MP when going into / out of Standby / Hibernation.

Would it be possible to create a short manual that helps to setup MPSH?

Here is a list of questions that quickly came into my mind when looking at MSPH (not complete)

- Common: Do I have to fill in the MP Executable? Why? Can I add extensions to the executable (Start Fullscreen, .....)?
    - Common: What is Show Splashscreen for?
    - Common: When should I use "check suspend state during resume"?
    - Suspend / Resume: Do you recommend to Stop MP / TV Services in Suspend?
    - Suspend / Resume: Do you recommend to Stop MP/ TV Services in Resume?
    - What are the recommended settings for PowerScheduler when using MPSH?

Regards,

Gregor

1.) Only if you want to stop and start MP
    2.) It is just a Splashscreen telling you what the app does during wakeup
    3.) Only if you have issues with MPSH not doing the things during wakeup that you configured
    4.) You should only do the jobs that really need to be done, if you have trouble with TVS or MP
    5.) You should only do the jobs that really need to be done, if you have trouble with TVS or MP
    6.) Also depends on your hardware, nothing special

To add one thing for my personal setup:

I dont use MPSH anymore cause i found a hardware setup that simply works with MP/TVS WITHOUT any issues on Suspend/Resume to/from S3... now since over one year.
    MPSH was just a workaround, now that MP/TVS behave for myself perfectly for S3 there is no more need for me to use it.

stounedi

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    My PC seems to work fine, if I wake it from standby using MCE remote. If the PC is waken by Powerscheduler when a recording is due to start, screen stays completely black until I push the green button in the remote control. After that a .NET exception is shown. When I dismiss the exception, MediaPortal is started. What could be broken?

Below is the exception and MPStandbyHandler logs.

Also, a couple of GUI improvement suggestions:
    - I don't understand how the external command option works as there is no place for defining the command?
    - Would it be possible to sort the HardwareDeviceRestart selection list? It's quite cumbersome currently to find the correct device.

I'm using XP and 780g based motherboard.

Hello!

I have EXACTLY same problem as you're having.

I also have XP running (all latest patches), but I am using an Intel chipset based board so I think it isn't MB related.

Powering the HTPC from remote works perfectly, but any time my system should wake up to record it gives me this JIT .NET exceptions, ruining every recording.

Did you ever find a solutions for this exception?

Because I need some kind of method to disable/start my TechnoTrend PCI card at system resume, sometimes it stops from working and so far MPstandbyhandler seemed perfect... Damn .NET exception ruins it :(

josch.hh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 29, 2008
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

My PC seems to work fine, if I wake it from standby using MCE remote. If the PC is waken by Powerscheduler when a recording is due to start, screen stays completely black until I push the green button in the remote control. After that a .NET exception is shown. When I dismiss the exception, MediaPortal is started. What could be broken?

Below is the exception and MPStandbyHandler logs.

Also, a couple of GUI improvement suggestions:
    - I don't understand how the external command option works as there is no place for defining the command?
    - Would it be possible to sort the HardwareDeviceRestart selection list? It's quite cumbersome currently to find the correct device.

I'm using XP and 780g based motherboard.

Hello!

I have EXACTLY same problem as you're having.

I also have XP running (all latest patches), but I am using an Intel chipset based board so I think it isn't MB related.

Powering the HTPC from remote works perfectly, but any time my system should wake up to record it gives me this JIT .NET exceptions, ruining every recording.

Did you ever find a solutions for this exception?

Because I need some kind of method to disable/start my TechnoTrend PCI card at system resume, sometimes it stops from working and so far MPstandbyhandler seemed perfect... Damn .NET exception ruins it :(

If you really got the same stacktrace and errors then it seems to me that it has nothing to do with MPSH, cause only MP files are in the assembly list.

I also use a TT card on Vista without problems.
    Try to check reinit tuner in powerscheduler in TVS.

blackEyEz

Portal Pro
    July 8, 2009
    Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello, thank you for this plugin, finaly the tvserver doesnt crash after i resume. I have one issue tough. I have a 7" screen in my case (origenae) and when MP resumes sometimes MP is moved to the 7" screen instead of the main LCD. Could this be solved with MPHS?

josch.hh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 29, 2008
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hello, thank you for this plugin, finaly the tvserver doesnt crash after i resume. I have one issue tough. I have a 7" screen in my case (origenae) and when MP resumes sometimes MP is moved to the 7" screen instead of the main LCD. Could this be solved with MPHS?

I dont have any experience with configurations like that.
    If MPSH can help depends on the possibility to execute something like a command to fix this issue... this is what you have to find out. Then you might be able to create a script and let MPSH call this script during wakeup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom