MPstandbyHandler (1 Viewer)

GermanKraut77

Portal Member
September 19, 2010
Good evening,

kinda sad no1 answered me. Today i checked my recordings and realized the last 2 days nothing has been recorded. Today my htpc didn't even wake up out of standby mode.
I'm using the above mentioned settings.
The suspend job quits both mediaportal and tvservice. Is that a good configuration? Doesn't Powerscheduler depend on tvservice running? If i let MPStandbyhandler quit that service before entering standby how can scheduled recordings trigger wakeup?

I really need some help here.
Don't want to miss anymore GZSZ episodes. lol

Greetings

GermanKraut77

Portal Member
September 19, 2010
Moin,

danke für nichts. Selten so eine wenig hilfsbereits Community erlebt. Auch josch.hh hat nicht geantwortet. Sollte HH für Hamburg stehen, kann ich das nach dem gestrigen Sieg des ruhmreichen SVW verstehen. ;)
So long..

josch.hh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 29, 2008
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: MPstandbyHandler

I hope you dont blame other people for being some weeks on vacation with the family. I don't expect help after posting messages like this.

GermanKraut77

Portal Member
    September 19, 2010
    Good afternoon,

well it's alright. I figured it out myself. MPStandbyHandler works like a charm now. And josch.hh. Considering you are the one who programmed that tool, i'm very grateful. It vastly improved my htpc.

I was a little bit sad that no1 took some time to answer.

Greetings
    GK77

bsunders

Portal Member
    January 5, 2010
    Sydney
    Home Country
    I have spent a good 4 hours on standby/resume related issues.

Where is the Powershceduler client settings ? I can see in tvserver but not in client config ?

Is there a wiki on powershceduler and MPSH ? forums that span 2-3 years of very specific issues is not the way to learn how to configure s/w.

regards

Ben

josch.hh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 29, 2008
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I have spent a good 4 hours on standby/resume related issues.

Where is the Powershceduler client settings ? I can see in tvserver but not in client config ?

Is there a wiki on powershceduler and MPSH ? forums that span 2-3 years of very specific issues is not the way to learn how to configure s/w.

regards

Ben

what is is your problem with standby?

bsunders

Portal Member
    January 5, 2010
    Sydney
    Home Country
    let me go away and get logs and screen shots - basically on resume , TV service starts but MP does not. MPSH Logs say all actions success. but no MP.
    If I then press the green button on remote MP does start.

Note also that when this occurs, I am pretty sure that always the windows task bar is not there - the start button is though. I think this is related some how.

I am on vista and MP111.
    I have had it working before. Note sure whats changes as I am always configuring other plugins / general settings.
    What external dependencies does MPSH have (e.g. powerscheduler / MP config / etc)?

Ben

josch.hh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 29, 2008
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

MPSH has no external dependencies.

BTW I am not using it anymore since 1 year, cause MP and TVS (since 1.02) have solved their standby issues (the reasons why i started to write MPSH).
    So no need for me to use it anymore. My systems runs weeks and month in S3, suspending and resuming without an issue.

Remember: MPSH is only a workaround. It is also better to try to fix issues with standby where they accure.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi josch.hh

Quick question, what method do you use to launch programs.

Is there a requirement on explorer.exe to be running (as I tried it without the shell being loaded, and the specified programs didn't launch) - Although it could just be my setup.

Thanks,

J.

josch.hh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 29, 2008
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I am using nativ C# methods to start an external app.
    I can't tell you if C# via MS .Net requires the explorer, but it might be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom