mpTinoMediaServer beta (1 Viewer)

Kaoh

Portal Pro
September 11, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
The music files filter does not include flac files. So try the all files filter. Else it may be your client that does not show them.

Kaoh

Portal Pro
September 11, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
No sorry, with a kid on the way I have no time writing that version of the plugin.
Also my tv server is now on a wifi lan (I loose the coputer room to the baby room) so there is less use for it now on my side.

I guess thats a end of life cycle for the tv server plugin for this plugin :p (before it started)

kroko

Portal Pro
February 4, 2007
Itzehoe
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Kaoh,

first I hope everthing is going well with the kid. I have 2 myself so I know a bit about it :)

Because I did not notice this work in the MP I wrote my own UPNP server. It is based on the intel generator. Since it is in C++ I would prefer to take your project, maybe rename in to UPNP server and fix some issues I have seen e.g. the service ID is not really correct and I already added flac support and working on the bug displaying funny charaters on some filenames. Also it would be possible to add the streams for the server (rtsp) as playlist (m3u) to make an easy implementation for live tv.

I you think it is OK I will put the files into the SVN and we go from there.

I also have written a Renderer for the MP ( not realeased yet ) and a Controlpoint which localy can play files. (i called it browser)
So with your server we coud cover the whole UPNP side.

Great works anyway. Thank you.

Regards
kroko

Kaoh

Portal Pro
September 11, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hey this is excellent news that someone picks up where I left.
Sure you can use it, I started of from someone elses work also, so go ahead.
Its great news that you are going to try and add live tv support I have been dreaming about that feature for some time now :D
So post here the link to the new thread about your version and ill be sure to test and use the new version when it comes available.

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    kroko,
    I too am thrilled with the idea of this being developed further. If I understand you correctly, it's even more exciting to think it may be incorporated into MP's SVN builds. Does this mean it may one day become a standard MP component? I hope so, because I have been using it successfully for music streaming for some time now. My only difficulties with it are:
    1) Conflicts with other plugins. Maybe this has to do with the service number you mentioned.
    2) Optionally builds its own library on starting. This takes a long time, and shouldn't be necessary, as it should be able to use the MP library.

Many, many thanks to all who have contributed to this (and to those who are about to)!

kroko

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2007
    Itzehoe
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Hi Kaoh,

well I will see how it turns arround. The code looks a bit like re-assembled code. But quite straight forward.
    The server works with most of my tools without any problem. But it is to earlier to give a real statement.

@Hi rsbrux,

do you have ID3 information on ? I noticed in the code each MP3 file will be scannen every time over and over again. Maybe you can make a test with/without id3 information. The mp3 information could be saved easy into a file decreasing the time dramtacily. The directory will be scanned and added any time, which would be quite normal and not that time consuming. I will do some test on my htpc maybe tommorrow.

What are the conflicts ?

Regards
    kroko

Kaoh

Portal Pro
    September 11, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I refactored only the sections I touched when I worked on it, so much still has the crappy defaultvarname1 like naming ;)
    I was lazy and did not add id3 in db store behaviour since then you have to manage that also ;) I also did not want to require contribute permissions in case of shares nor did I feel it was nice to fill a playing machine with files containing info about files on shares... but it was a huge performance drain indeed so thats why it is an option now.

Main feature request I received somewhere back is support for mediaplyer to play the music. It does not browse the folders like most clients do but sends a query command. And that is not implemented in my version. That would be nice if you can implement that ;).
    Then most of the normally used upnp renderers can use the server.

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Most of my music files are tagged (by MP3tag) with both ID3v1 and ID3v2.3 tags. Each time MP started, MPtino needed more than 15 minutes to scan my library of over 30k titles. Kaoh kindly provided an option to disable tag scanning. In this mode, MPtino simply presents the selected directories to the UPnP client. With my directory structure, the resulting navigation delays at the client are somewhat annoying, but far less so than the long wait for MP to start.
    I have seen conflicts with all of the display plugins, and a few others, which I can't remember. No specific symptoms, just error messages in log files, which went away if one of the conflicting plugins was disabled. If you search my posts on this topic, you should find some logfiles.
    Thanks again for your initiative!

kroko

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2007
    Itzehoe
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi rsbrux,

as I wrote in my other UPNP server thread

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/plugins-47/plugin-upnp-server-57667/

I'not sure which core I going to use. On the mptino side the directory and the id tags are scanned on starup.
    I already modified this to read all id3 tags. Even I already pepared some kind of database to remember the data. On my side the scan takes about 40 sec if I enable the id3. Without about 20 sec. Even with the database is building the structure still takes a lot of time, almost 20s.

I was working with the core from the whs360 upnp server. Quite good here is, the directories are always built when you select them. So there is no delay on startup.

Read im my other thread. I think I will combine all sources and take what I guess is the best of each.

Regards
    kroko

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom