mpTinoMediaServer beta (2 Viewers)

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    The external display plug-in displays useful information, such as the title of the currently playing track, on the VF or LCD display built into many HTPC cases.
    Without it, all I get on my HTPC's VF display is the computer name.
    The errors disappear when I disable the external display plugin, but the UPNP client still doesn't find anything. It has nothing to do with bad playlists. I double checked to make sure I have no playlists.
    Logfile is attached, but it doesn't say much. Maybe there is a way to make it more verbose?

Kaoh

Portal Pro
    September 11, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ill attach a debug version soon that spams the log. However till early next week I do not have any time at all to write.
    But ill add it then, ill add a config setting for that, so it can be disabled/enabled by altering the mediaportal config file.

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    False alarm! Appparently I didn't see anything because the windows media sharing service wasn't running. The service is set to manual start. IIRC, that used to be enough. After starting it by hand, the UPNP client sees the MP UPNP service, but also a second service with an incomplete library. This is presumably the WMP service, which I had previously disabled. I guess it was reenabled by my upgrade to SP3. Now I just have to figure out again how to kill it. To sum up, your mod works great: MPtino now takes less than 10 minutes to load, and delivers great music! Of course, if it used the MP DB, it could load even faster. As you predicted, parsing the titles is enough; I can navigate the directory structure to find what I want.

Kaoh

Portal Pro
    September 11, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Excellent news, and yeah I guess it could be faster, and there must be something wrong with the ID3 parsing that it slows everything down so much.
    However with the MP2 fully UPnP based on the horizon I dont think I will be spending much time on improvong ;)
    If anything ill be working on a home automation plugin or something. Since the one available keeps hanging ;). And there is this new thing out (plcbus with interfaces without software) so maybe those.

In other words, as long as not really anoying stuff like this popups I wond spend much time on it ;)

peugeot

Portal Member
    January 8, 2008
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    mpeg4 & nokia N95 8gb?

hi,

I'am using nokia N95 8GB with this plugin and mp3 files are working nicely, but somehow i cannot see mpeg4 files at all??

Phone supports mpeg4 and i have shared one folder with mpeg4 files, but those are not shown in phone, phone shows just empty folder. Any idea?

second small bug i noticed with scandic characters 'ä' in filename is shown like a box in phone

Shot(02).jpg

Do you have any plans to create support also for uploading stuff to server? so that i could upload imges/music/videos from my phone to server? I have seen that some upnp servers supports this kind of upload folder, it would be nice :)

-peugeot:D

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hi Kaoh,
    mpTino is working quite smoothly for me with your latest changes.
    One minor problem is that the TV Server's Power Scheduler sometimes puts the HTPC to sleep while I am listening to a stream.
    Any suggestions on how to avoid this?
    It would also be really neat if the UPnP client could wake up the MP host for streaming by Wake-On-LAN.
    Any tips on how to config this?

Khurram

Portal Pro
    May 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Pakistan Pakistan
    Sorry for the newbie question. But how do you install this plugin? I cant find any readme in the zip file. There is also no info in this thread about how do it either. Copying the files from the "Release SVN" folder to the "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\Plugins" doesnt do anything as nothing shows up for it in the plugins options in TV Server Configuration :(

Kaoh

Portal Pro
    September 11, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    hi,

I'am using nokia N95 8GB with this plugin and mp3 files are working nicely, but somehow i cannot see mpeg4 files at all??

Phone supports mpeg4 and i have shared one folder with mpeg4 files, but those are not shown in phone, phone shows just empty folder. Any idea?

second small bug i noticed with scandic characters 'ä' in filename is shown like a box in phone

Shot(02).jpg

Do you have any plans to create support also for uploading stuff to server? so that i could upload imges/music/videos from my phone to server? I have seen that some upnp servers supports this kind of upload folder, it would be nice :)

-peugeot:D

It does filter on supported file formats on the server allready, and I do not think mpeg4 is on that list.
    First make sure that you define the share as non music, since then it will definitly filter out unknown files.
    And as for your second question: I do not plan to add any more support at all. So adding support for mpeg4 or uploading will not be happening I think. Maybe the mpeg4 support if that isnt to much work, someday.

Hi Kaoh,
    mpTino is working quite smoothly for me with your latest changes.
    One minor problem is that the TV Server's Power Scheduler sometimes puts the HTPC to sleep while I am listening to a stream.
    Any suggestions on how to avoid this?
    It would also be really neat if the UPnP client could wake up the MP host for streaming by Wake-On-LAN.
    Any tips on how to config this?

Making a client wakeup a server needs to be done by a wakeup over lan configuration. But this is not something the UPnP is nativly capable of supporting. So search the web for configurationpossibilities on wake on lan setups.

To prevent the TV server to shutdown your client not when playing is also impossible, maybe MP supports it but that will be outside my current support levels for this plugin ;)

Sorry for the newbie question. But how do you install this plugin? I cant find any readme in the zip file. There is also no info in this thread about how do it either. Copying the files from the "Release SVN" folder to the "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\Plugins" doesnt do anything as nothing shows up for it in the plugins options in TV Server Configuration :(

Its a MP client plugin, not a tv server plugin.
    So install it the way you did in MP client folders.

Khurram

Portal Pro
    May 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Pakistan Pakistan
    Its a MP client plugin, not a tv server plugin.
    So install it the way you did in MP client folders.

Oh, I see. I added it to MediaPortal and the shares show up in N95. Now I need to figure out how to play/view the files on the N95 itself. Can you help me in this also?

Do you have any plan to duplicate this plugin to tvserver? The reason I am asking this is because all the folder being shared are on the same pc that is running tvserver. So if it is a tvserver plugin, it will start running when the tvserver service starts.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom