mpTinoMediaServer beta (1 Viewer)

Kaoh

Portal Pro
September 11, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Its a MP client plugin, not a tv server plugin.
So install it the way you did in MP client folders.

Oh, I see. I added it to MediaPortal and the shares show up in N95. Now I need to figure out how to play/view the files on the N95 itself. Can you help me in this also?

Do you have any plan to duplicate this plugin to tvserver? The reason I am asking this is because all the folder being shared are on the same pc that is running tvserver. So if it is a tvserver plugin, it will start running when the tvserver service starts.

Thanks.

I do not own a N95 myself, so maybe Peugot can assist you on that part.
All I can say is that you need to make sure the files inside the shares are mp3 files or wma files, not mpeg4 or something like that. Or images/videos etc. Also make sure when ocnfiguring your share in the plugin settings you choice the right content type, this will determine how it filters out files, setting it to video will filter jpg and mp3 for example, images will filter mp3 and video and music will filter images and video etc etc.

I have no more plans with this plugin, the MP2 version will be based on UPnP, so this pluging will no longer be needed. I also finished this plugin (made by others) because I needed it for certain usage, and it allready answers my needs ;), the plugin as TV server plugin isnt a bad idea though, but then someone should create an excellent UPnP client plugin so my mediapc in the living room can be a UPnP client from mediaportal also, if thats the case I will consider ;)

Khurram

Portal Pro
May 12, 2008
Home Country
Pakistan Pakistan
I have no more plans with this plugin, the MP2 version will be based on UPnP, so this pluging will no longer be needed. I also finished this plugin (made by others) because I needed it for certain usage, and it allready answers my needs ;), the plugin as TV server plugin isnt a bad idea though, but then someone should create an excellent UPnP client plugin so my mediapc in the living room can be a UPnP client from mediaportal also, if thats the case I will consider ;)
It seems that my N95 is on an older firmware which only supports UPnP control units; later versions of the firmware added UPnP renderer support. I will update the firmware and hopefully it will work then.

I dont know which media extender you are using but the one I am using, Hauppauge MediaMVP, already supports UPnP client if used with the mvpmc dongle. I have looked frodo's post about making tvserver plugins and it didnt seem too bad. I think you have already done the hard part but I dont know how difficult it would be to port MP plugin to TVServer plugin.

Kaoh

Portal Pro
September 11, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I dont know which media extender you are using but the one I am using, Hauppauge MediaMVP, already supports UPnP client if used with the mvpmc dongle. I have looked frodo's post about making tvserver plugins and it didnt seem too bad. I think you have already done the hard part but I dont know how difficult it would be to port MP plugin to TVServer plugin.[/QUOTE]

I use several Philips Streamium devices, but its the MediaPortal PC in the living room that now hosts, and uses direct file share for itself. If I would move my collection to the TV server I want Mediaportal on the PC to use that as music source also. I currently only need to maintain one collection, and MP shows the same structure and files as the UPnP server does. That is what I wish to keep.
I agree that tv server plugin shouldnt be to much work, but as always, a little can be to much when it comes to my private time :p

Khurram

Portal Pro
May 12, 2008
Home Country
Pakistan Pakistan
Fair enough. I think I will take a look at how to build the plugins for both MP and TVServer. If it works out, would it be okay if I use your source to port the plugin over to TVServer?

Kaoh

Portal Pro
September 11, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Fair enough. I think I will take a look at how to build the plugins for both MP and TVServer. If it works out, would it be okay if I use your source to port the plugin over to TVServer?

It isnt 100% mine to start with ;), more like 20%. I have no problems with someone using this plugins source to evolve it further. The other authors have not shown themselfs on this forum since I started working on it.

Khurram

Portal Pro
May 12, 2008
Home Country
Pakistan Pakistan
Well, as far as I am concerned, you are the developer of this plugin :) I have taken a look at the source files and I have 2 problems:

1) The project has reference to a uPNP library. Can you please let me know which one it is and where I can get it from?

2) One of the solutions, UPnPMediaServer.sln, refers to a missing project RunUPnPServer. Perhaps the source is not complete?

Thanks.

Kaoh

Portal Pro
September 11, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
1) The project has reference to a uPNP library. Can you please let me know which one it is and where I can get it from?
It is the Intel UPnP library, see the intel site for downloads for the entire set, but it only gives the DLL's, and those are supplied in the zip also.
2) One of the solutions, UPnPMediaServer.sln, refers to a missing project RunUPnPServer. Perhaps the source is not complete?
Its a windows forms app that can launch the server for testing purpose, so you do not need it, just remove it from the sollution.

And I do not take responsibility for the bad code in the plugin, I did not refactor it fully, only the parts I touched ;)

Khurram

Portal Pro
May 12, 2008
Home Country
Pakistan Pakistan
It is the Intel UPnP library, see the intel site for downloads for the entire set, but it only gives the DLL's, and those are supplied in the zip also.
Intel says they have discontinued it but gave a link for upnp tools and they have the dlls which seem like the ones used in your plugin. I havent given it a try yet. Do you have any docs on it?

Its a windows forms app that can launch the server for testing purpose, so you do not need it, just remove it from the sollution.
Ok.

Kaoh

Portal Pro
September 11, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Intel says they have discontinued it but gave a link for upnp tools and they have the dlls which seem like the ones used in your plugin. I havent given it a try yet. Do you have any docs on it?

Ok.

No, its poorly documted (read: not at all).
The first guy working on the plugin did all that hard part of finding out what does what ;)

Someday it would be nice to find some c# 2.0 or higher library with full upnp support to work with that is fully open source.

jgbc

Portal Member
July 4, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi, nice plugin, but are flac files support, so far only the mp3 files in my media library are showing up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom