MPTrayMOD Vista64Bit RC2 does not start (2 Viewers)

Talven81

Portal Member
July 4, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I saw someone mention that they recompiled MPTray under Vista 64 and it started working, I see the source files are there but don't have the ability to recompile. :mad: Can someone post a bin for download and testing?

I'm trying to get it working under the full version of Vista x64 SP1 and having the same problem.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Tested MpTrayMod here on Vista x64 & it runs without probs here, usually you compile stuff for MP as x86 & thats how it runs on x64 comps too.

Regards
    Roy

Talven81

Portal Member
    July 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi,
    Tested MpTrayMod here on Vista x64 & it runs without probs here, usually you compile stuff for MP as x86 & thats how it runs on x64 comps too.

Regards
    Roy

Hmm, interesting. You are the first to say it works under x64, where did you get your copy from? I used the link in the MP Manual section.

Talven81

Portal Member
    July 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Here's the latest comments from the MPTrayMod download at MEDIAPORTAL - free media center - MpTrayMod

from nightfox89 - Doesn't work :( With this file, the green button still doesn't work to open Mediaportal, and when I open it manualy it always stays on focus, and not just when I press on the green button :( I'm using Vista x64 Ultimate and the newest MediaPortal

from Master Jedi - Didn't work on Vista x64 at first. Recompiled the source and then it worked.

from bishopy2j - have vista ultimate x64 and this is not working for me. copied files to MP dir and ran install bat and nothing. i look at the process running an mptray.exe is in there but MP doesnt start with green button.

bishopy2j

Portal Pro
    March 29, 2008
    Home Country
    using VISTA 64 Ulitmate
    MP 1.00 RC4

thanks for the post but still nothing (using the zip file just posted). i see in the bat file that mptray.exe is trying to be registered. After putting the files in my MP dir (E:\Programs\MediaPortal\client) i run the mptray_install.bat and nothing. If i look in the task manager - processes, i can see mptray.exe*32 running. i fi try to manually regsiter the exe (with regsvr32) i get the error message (screenshot attached). My MCE remote works just fine when MP is already opened, its just the Green Button does not start MP.

Attachments

• MPTray_Regsvr32_error.jpg
      MPTray_Regsvr32_error.jpg
      17.1 KB

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Just installed it here & run install.bat & it works, clicked on the green button & MP started.....

Regards
    Roy

Talven81

Portal Member
    July 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Hmmm, try the one attached to this post.

Regards
    Roy

I tried the attached one and it worked, there's something different in that version that works on Vista x64 Ultimate.

The only thing I had to change was add a single line to the mptray_install.bat and run as administrator.

Code:
    Line 1: CD C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal

Notes:
    If you are trying to deinstall you will need to add this line to the mptray_uninstall.bat.
    If you have MediaPortal installed in a different directory you will have to change the path.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom