MPTrayMOD Vista64Bit RC2 does not start (4 Viewers)

bishopy2j

Portal Pro
March 29, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
using VISTA 64 Ulitmate
MP 1.00 RC4

yes, i think i spoke to soon, THANK YOU. the Green Button does start MP. Now my issue is that it is also start Microsoft Media Center as well. After i do a reboot, log in, hit the green button MMC starts (instead of MP) if i Alt - F4 it to close, then look at task manager - processes i see mptray*32 is running. I wait another 15 sec hit green butoon again and then MP starts. If i log off and then log back in same thing with MMC starting then i ALT-F4 and then hit green button again and then MP starts. Is there a way to disable MMC from the green button all toghter (i.e. reg setting)?

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Only different is that it's compiled as x86 (you have to do that when it runs together with a x86 specific program as MP is, of course of the source that was in that download is the same as the compiled exe in ;)

Regards
    Roy

bishopy2j

Portal Pro
    March 29, 2008
    Home Country
    Talven & ronilse THANK YOU very much. That seemed to do the trick. MMC does not start with the green button but MP does. when i hit the green button now MP flashes and goes away, now im looking at my desktop, i wait for like 20 seconds and then my MP basic home shows up (using Streamed MP skin). any ideas about that? Also, seems MP Watchdog comes up alot recently when hitting the green button to start MP. I attached MP WD Logs not sure why watch dog keeps coming up.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Thats a wait for MP to start in the code for MPTray, try the attached one but i won't use more time on this plugin now ;)

Regards
    Roy

Attachments

• mptray-mod.zip
      30.6 KB

bishopy2j

Portal Pro
    March 29, 2008
    Home Country
    quick note, sorry, the Green Button opens MP just fine but just noticed that MP does not take the focus. If i have Firefox open and hit the Green button, MP starts, but the focus is on Firefox

LinFor

December 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Here is just a compiled version of MPTrayMod for Vista x64. They should work on this systems, at least for me.

Attachments

• mptraymod_x64.zip
      30.6 KB

Zarathrustra

Portal Member
    December 26, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    quick note, sorry, the Green Button opens MP just fine but just noticed that MP does not take the focus. If i have Firefox open and hit the Green button, MP starts, but the focus is on Firefox
    Selecting "Keep MediaPortal always on top" in the general options, seemed to remedy this for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom