Multicast Broken? Not able to record 2 channels on same transponder with one card

Discussion in 'fixed TV-Server / Client Bugs' started by mdsflyer, November 8, 2007.

1. mdsflyer

mdsflyer Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    TV-Server Version: TVengine3 SVN 2/11/07 16422
    MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3 SVN 2/11/07 16422
    MediaPortal Skin: XFace
    Windows Version: XP Pro SP2
    CPU Type: xp2400
    HDD: 200GB 80GB
    Memory: 512MB
    Motherboard: Asus
    Motherboard Chipset: VIA
    Motherboard Bios:
    Video Card: FX5200
    Video Card Driver: 81.98
    Sound Card: Genius 5.1
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: Skystar2
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
    1. TV Card Driver: WDM
    2. TV Card: Skystar2
    2. TV Card Type: DVB-S
    2. TV Card Driver: BDA Beta
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: nvidia purevideo
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: nvidia purevideo
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: optus D1
    HTPC Case: Classic Beige
    Cooling: Zalman
    Power Supply:
    Remote: MCE Remote
    TV: Sony 40" LCD
    TV - HTPC Connection: VGA

Had this problem for a wee while now, it occurs if i set to record 3 channels simultaneously, two of which are on the same transponder.

I will only get 2 recordings not 3 as the TVserver reports that each channel is on a different transponder.

See attached logfile and you will note that it starts recording TV1 (transponder 1248300) and then attempts to start recording TV2 (also transponder 1248300) however TVserver states that card 2 is tuned to a different transponder (which it clearly isnt). The first recording is terminated to "free" up the card and i only get one recording.

I'm pretty sure that if i manually start the recordings then it works which makes this all the more puzzling, any assistance will be gratefully recieved

Cheers
    m

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mdsflyer

mdsflyer Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    On further investigation my Skystar 2 with the original WDM drivers works fine and is able to multicast, my Skystar 2 with BDA driver is not (@^@&&^!!!!), ah the joy of computers! :)

Curiously, and it is known on these forums one cannot add 2 Skystar 2 cards with their WDM drivers, MP will only recognise one, hence my use of 2 different drivers for the same hardware. The WDM drivers have always worked well for me and i wonder if it is an easy fix to have 2 of them seperately identified?

Cheers
    m

4. mdsflyer

mdsflyer Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Latest SVN and BDA driver from Technisat, plus I deleted the entire TVlibrary database and problem is gone.

m

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!