Multicast Broken? Not able to record 2 channels on same transponder with one card (1 Viewer)

mdsflyer

Portal Pro
November 14, 2005
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
TV-Server Version: TVengine3 SVN 2/11/07 16422
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3 SVN 2/11/07 16422
MediaPortal Skin: XFace
Windows Version: XP Pro SP2
CPU Type: xp2400
HDD: 200GB 80GB
Memory: 512MB
Motherboard: Asus
Motherboard Chipset: VIA
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: FX5200
Video Card Driver: 81.98
Sound Card: Genius 5.1
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Skystar2
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
1. TV Card Driver: WDM
2. TV Card: Skystar2
2. TV Card Type: DVB-S
2. TV Card Driver: BDA Beta
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: nvidia purevideo
MPEG2 Audio Codec: nvidia purevideo
Satelite/CableTV Provider: optus D1
HTPC Case: Classic Beige
Cooling: Zalman
Power Supply:
Remote: MCE Remote
TV: Sony 40" LCD
TV - HTPC Connection: VGA

Had this problem for a wee while now, it occurs if i set to record 3 channels simultaneously, two of which are on the same transponder.

I will only get 2 recordings not 3 as the TVserver reports that each channel is on a different transponder.

See attached logfile and you will note that it starts recording TV1 (transponder 1248300) and then attempts to start recording TV2 (also transponder 1248300) however TVserver states that card 2 is tuned to a different transponder (which it clearly isnt). The first recording is terminated to "free" up the card and i only get one recording.

I'm pretty sure that if i manually start the recordings then it works which makes this all the more puzzling, any assistance will be gratefully recieved

Cheers
m

mdsflyer

Portal Pro
November 14, 2005
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
On further investigation my Skystar 2 with the original WDM drivers works fine and is able to multicast, my Skystar 2 with BDA driver is not (@^@&&^!!!!), ah the joy of computers! :)

Curiously, and it is known on these forums one cannot add 2 Skystar 2 cards with their WDM drivers, MP will only recognise one, hence my use of 2 different drivers for the same hardware. The WDM drivers have always worked well for me and i wonder if it is an easy fix to have 2 of them seperately identified?

Cheers
m

mdsflyer

Portal Pro
November 14, 2005
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Latest SVN and BDA driver from Technisat, plus I deleted the entire TVlibrary database and problem is gone.

m

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom