Multishortcut for MP 1.3 & 1.4 & 1.5 [Download + Setup Guide] (2 Viewers)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @Lehmden - stickied post. edited title to include 1.4. and added comment on bottom of post that .zip works with 1.3 & 1.4

Last edited:

twinking

Portal Member
    May 4, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I'm using MP 1.5.0 Pre-Release. Is there any way to get the Multishortcut Plugin to work with this version? When I use the files of this thread I donot get any error, but when I try to start my *.exe in MediaPortal via the Plugin nothing happens. Thats how my Config looks like.

Unbenannt.PNG

twinking

twinking

Portal Member
    May 4, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi
    If you had read the whole thread you've got the answer to this already:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ownload-setup-guide.115918/page-2#post-100944

Thank you^^,
    but i read the whole Thread. And I can't find an answer to my question. Maybe you mean this:
    Hi.
    A little Update...
    The most recent "official" MSC version 2.4 seems not to work with MP 1.4. But the Version attached to first post did work properly with 1.4 so this tut and the attached dll is usable for MP 1.3 and 1.4 (and maybe even 1.5, who knows? )
    But like i said, It is shown as compatible, but doesn't work into MediaPortal. Maybe my configuration is wrong. Also tried this:
    Unbenannt.PNG
    But it's still the same.
    Would be nice to get more help than a link and an accusation.

Regards
    twinking

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    On your first screenshot there the directory field was empty. And then Multishortcut did not work, no matter which MP version used. That was asked and answered twice already only a few posts above yours.

If there is more than one issue we need to dig deeper. Recently I spent all of my spare time to improve MP2 so I'm not that deep into MP1 development any more. But as far as I know there is not a single plugin related change from 1.4 to 1.5, that's why MSC must (should) work on 1.5 also.

As you don't get any error messages, MSC seems to work generally. Where and how did you call your Shortcut and what's in logfiles?

Edit:
    I now have tested MSC on MP 1.5. It's definitely working.

Last edited:

twinking

Portal Member
    May 4, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

On your first screenshot there the directory field was empty. And then Multishortcut did not work, no matter which MP version used. That was asked and answered twice already only a few posts above yours.
    Okay sorry, but I already tested this before my first post.

I tried three ways to call my Shortcut. I called it out of the plugin section, my Basic Home Screen(Titan Extended) and the Classic Home Screen. Also I used the Editor, to check if the right ID is called.
    That's what i can find in the log, the Error log is empty(also attached the complete one):
    [2013-09-14 11:24:20,223] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - PluginManager: Begin loading '\windows\Firefox.dll' (non threaded)
    [2013-09-14 11:24:20,233] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - PluginManager: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\windows\Firefox.dll' file version: 2.1.0.0
    [2013-09-14 11:24:20,263] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - MultiShortcut: Loading localised Strings - Path: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Language\MultiShortcut Culture: en Language: English Prefix: True
    [2013-09-14 11:24:20,273] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Loading strings file: strings_en.xml
    [2013-09-14 11:24:20,273] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - ExtendedChars = False:False, StringChars = 0
    [2013-09-14 11:24:20,283] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - PluginManager: End loading '\windows\Firefox.dll' (60,0001 ms running time)

twinking

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    HI.
    Tested it with Firefox. Firefox is starting properly but MP comes up instantly again. It's a Firefox related problem. Firefox.exe did NOT tell Windows "Hi, I'm running"... But that is needed to bring back MP after external exe stops running. Maybe you need some shell- arguments to tell MP that Firefox still is running. But that is nothing MP specific. So you better ask in firefox forum.

twinking

Portal Member
    May 4, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hmm, I just used firefox for some testing. I donot realy need it. I will try some other Programms. But shouldn't it work if i close Firefox and then start it via MP. It shouldn't be focused but maybe started. Because that's not working, too.

schwarzrz

Portal Pro
    May 23, 2010
    Frankfurt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi twinking,

i just tried the Plugin on my test client: it works fine with firefox. I wanted to use firefox to watch maxdome and other browserbased vod. Its works fine and i put different vod as starting tabs. I can now choose with my mouse (OK not really good) wich tab I wan´t to see. The first tab is maxdome and my remote works fine within maxdome. If i close firefox with my mouse, MP is still in the background. I will try to find a shortcut to close firefox with the remote.

EDIT:
    Shortcut next TAB = Strg+TAB
    Shortcut close TAB = Strg+W

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom