Multishortcut plugin to execute programs from home menu! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Throne Logic

January 28, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Ok, put the toddler to bed and took a more focused look around. Found the "missing" files. For anyone else with my questions, look under your profile in App Data. Also, to correct the "going away" problem, I only had to delete the existing multishortcut dll files and recreate them. I'm guessing that a new ID was generated and resolved the problems. Probably would be the same result with cleaning up the multishortcut.xml file.

Anyhow, learning onward . . .

el_gato

Portal Pro
October 15, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Its works perfect ... i just put the pathinformation in "Directory" and then "Exefile" Path.

Hmm... I have an older version where "Directory" doesnt exist, only exefile path. Maybe its working with a newer version, i will try this. :)
What's the different between Directory path and exe path?

I thing the Plugin change in this Path and then start the EXE, Some program must starts from his directory, when not he cant find his files, u know what i mean?

after closing ultrastar mp returns to fullscreen but the focus is lost - cannot use the remote in mp. is there any way to get the focus automatically back on mp after closing the previous app? don't want to use keyboard or mouse if possible...

Bigbird999

Portal Member
February 16, 2009
Home Country
Canada Canada
Exactly the same problem as Thronelogic, Had it working a couple of times then all of a sudden it reverts to
when selecting that menu option, the screen shrinks away, blinks quickly, and comes right back as if nothing happened.
I've deleted the xml files and dll files but I can't get it to work Can anyone help me out,:mad:

It must be system specific because I have installed it and got it working perfectly on my laptop for testing

Using MP v1.0 latest and multshortcut1.2 and XP pro. SP2+

BB

A reinstall (actually 2 or 3 reinstalls) of the plugin solved this issue

BB

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for creating this plugin.

I have discovered a problem with the plugin, I am currently using Multishort v1.2

I run Windows XP SP3 + MP 1.0 Final release.
    I use mediaportal always on top mode.
    I have configured multishortcut to launch wmp11.exe so i can listen to mp3s.
    I use hide mediaportal = true, so that mediaportal is minimised and doesn't steal focus from wmp11

The problem occurs if WMP11 is already running in the background and MP is currently running in the foreground.
    If I launch WMP11 via the multishortcut plugin nothing happens, and MP fails to minimise.

I think the problem is that multishortcut fails to minimise MP if the multishortcut target .exe is already running.

If I manually minimise MP, close WMP11 and then remaximise MP then I can load WMP11 with MP correctly getting hidden.

Can anyone replicate this problem with other programs?

A solution might be calling a batch file that kills the process if already running, delays for a secound or so, then launches the desired process.

after closing ultrastar mp returns to fullscreen but the focus is lost - cannot use the remote in mp. is there any way to get the focus automatically back on mp after closing the previous app? don't want to use keyboard or mouse if possible...

You could try this
    MP Config -> General -> Always on Top = True
    and
    MP Config -> Plugins -> Windows Plugins -> "Multishort" -> Hide mediaportal = True

This will keep mediaportal always on top, and always in focus. You must add hide mediaportal = true otherwise MP will steal focus back when you launch your external.exe.

If you keep mediaportal always on top, you might want to also add
    MP Config -> General -> Minimise to tray on GUI exit

Can I make a request to have an option to tell mediaportal not to start or pause it's standby timer until returning to MP? My problem is, when I launch an external player mp will go into standby. I don't no if there is a flag that can be set to let mp know something is going on.

thanks.

p.s. I can't use tv3 because of my tv card, or I would use the powerscheduler server plugin for monitoring the player.

You can add the external player process to the list of processes that prevent MP from entering stand by mode.

TV Server Config -> Plugins -> PowerScheduler -> Processes -> Processers that can prevent standby -> Select -> Then choose from the drop down list.

HINT - make sure the external player is running at the same time as you config TV Server so that you can see it in the drop down list.

I thing the fastest way to solved my problem is to add a possibility to start a application/script when the started Game is ending and go back to MediaPortal. I thing its the same what "PussyWagon" is also need. so i can restart Mediaportal with a Script after ending the game and can watch TV again.

A crude fix idea you could try

1. Make a macro/shortcut programed to one of the keys on your remote that calls the following batch file
    process.exe -k mediaprotal.exe (This kills MP)
    mediaportal.exe (This reloads MP)

You might want to enter a delay between the two lines

2. or You could add another multishortcut menu item called "restart MP" and have it do the above

Frantid

Portal Pro
    October 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Iceland Iceland
    thanks for the reply kiwijunglist, I can't use tv server because my analog card has a ntsc tuner, but I need to set the analog ports to pal. I can't seem to override the auto detection in tv server, but with the older tv2 engine this works fine.

To solve my standby problem, I've been testing the old "watchdog" plugin for tv2 engine.

Sparrismanne

Portal Member
    February 18, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks for creating this plugin.

I have discovered a problem with the plugin, I am currently using Multishort v1.2

I run Windows XP SP3 + MP 1.0 Final release.
    I use mediaportal always on top mode.
    I have configured multishortcut to launch wmp11.exe so i can listen to mp3s.
    I use hide mediaportal = true, so that mediaportal is minimised and doesn't steal focus from wmp11

The problem occurs if WMP11 is already running in the background and MP is currently running in the foreground.
    If I launch WMP11 via the multishortcut plugin nothing happens, and MP fails to minimise.

I think the problem is that multishortcut fails to minimise MP if the multishortcut target .exe is already running.

If I manually minimise MP, close WMP11 and then remaximise MP then I can load WMP11 with MP correctly getting hidden.

Can anyone replicate this problem with other programs?

A solution might be calling a batch file that kills the process if already running, delays for a secound or so, then launches the desired process.

I have the same problem as you but i also have an other problem.
    I have configured multishortcut to launch firefox.exe and it works fine except when i close firefox and returns to mediaportal and I whant to use firefox again the shortcut doesn´t work! Its like the program is still running but it doesn´t!

Anyone know how i can fix this??

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    you can minimise MP to taskbar, then close firefox. then maximise MP, then when you try to load firefox it will launch. not really a fix tho.

funnyboy

March 25, 2009
    I can't run dllfix.exe Vista popup said that dllfix.exe has stop working and had to close.

Need help, Thanks

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I have the same problem as you but i also have an other problem.
    I have configured multishortcut to launch firefox.exe and it works fine except when i close firefox and returns to mediaportal and I whant to use firefox again the shortcut doesn´t work! Its like the program is still running but it doesn´t!

Anyone know how i can fix this??

Maybe you would have better results with the Firefox plugin, haven't tried it myself.

Sparrismanne

Portal Member
    February 18, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    The problem is that I closes firefox when i return to mediaportal and want to go back on the web it doesn´t work. Firefox was not open when I open it the second time.

What firefox plugin?? I searched the forum but didn´t find anything!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom