Multishortcut plugin to execute programs from home menu! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,
    Can you tell me more, what is exactly the problem ?
    Then, I could intervene faster.
    Of course, it will be upgraded when possible but please, be a little bit patient cause, without plugin, it seems MP 1.1 alpha has problem (at least for me). ;)
    Also, remember that 1.1 alpha is for test only.
    If MultiShortcut need specific upgrade, I'm afraid it couldn't be MP 1.0.2 compliant then, better could be waiting for "official" release.
    Or, simply, I will put 1.1 alpha MultiShortcut working file here, without updating plugin repository website.

Undel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 23, 2008
    Lubertsy, Moscow region, Russia
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    I have a problem with MultiShortcut and MP 1.0.2. Plugin works only when I start MP as administrator in Windows Vista. And because of that MP is blocked at startup by Windows Defender. If I run MP without administrator priviledges, everything works fine except multishortcut - programs don't start.

strumpus

Portal Member
    April 9, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Doesn't work for me so far. I did everything that way, the manual said but the only thing that happens when i push the just created button is, that Mediaportal is zooming out for a sec, and zooming in again. What could i have done wrong? Thanks for help :p

I Integrated the webbrowser and Ultrastar.

I cant get it to work either.

Followed the guide and the new program is in the list in MP, but then I click it, nothing happends.

The program is in the .xml file and I'm using MP 1.0.1.0

Any idear what I'm doing wrong?

This is happening for me too. I am running Vista with MP 1.0.2 with StreamedMP skin and Multishortcut 1.4.

I had FirefoxIntergrator working, so I know this kind of operation works, but I didn't like that I couldn't use my keyboard for typing without the hotkeys fouling it up.

When I try to launch Firefox through the new button on my home screen, I get the effect described above: it zooms out and then zooms back in again, but Firefox doesn't start up at all (it's not running when I quite MP).

I have renamed and copied the .dll, run dllfix, set the new plugin to hide MP when running and pointed it at my Firefox.exe file. I've put an xml in the StreamedMP skin folder with the correct plugin ID and generated a new home screen.

It shows up in home ok, but it doesn't start Firefox. Any clue what I might have missed here?

grooves12

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2006
    Doesn't work for me so far. I did everything that way, the manual said but the only thing that happens when i push the just created button is, that Mediaportal is zooming out for a sec, and zooming in again. What could i have done wrong? Thanks for help :p

I Integrated the webbrowser and Ultrastar.

I cant get it to work either.

Followed the guide and the new program is in the list in MP, but then I click it, nothing happends.

The program is in the .xml file and I'm using MP 1.0.1.0

Any idear what I'm doing wrong?

This is happening for me too. I am running Vista with MP 1.0.2 with StreamedMP skin and Multishortcut 1.4.

I had FirefoxIntergrator working, so I know this kind of operation works, but I didn't like that I couldn't use my keyboard for typing without the hotkeys fouling it up.

When I try to launch Firefox through the new button on my home screen, I get the effect described above: it zooms out and then zooms back in again, but Firefox doesn't start up at all (it's not running when I quite MP).

I have renamed and copied the .dll, run dllfix, set the new plugin to hide MP when running and pointed it at my Firefox.exe file. I've put an xml in the StreamedMP skin folder with the correct plugin ID and generated a new home screen.

It shows up in home ok, but it doesn't start Firefox. Any clue what I might have missed here?

I'm getting the same exact behavior with this plugin and StreamedMP. Doesn't matter if I launch from basichome or standard homescreen

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,
    Sorry, I don't use Vista OS nor Streamed MP.
    Can you try with B3(W) and tell me if problem ocurs, please ?
    If not then, it seems it could be a Streamed MP / MultiShortcut behaviour.
    And, no problem to work with Streamed MP team, if needed.
    I could also add a feature in MultiShortcut to integrate 11-14 step from rekenaar post here :
    forum.team-mediaportal.com/other-features-release-svn-versions-130/screensaver-home-basichome-51175/
    Bye.

strumpus

Portal Member
    April 9, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,
    Thanks for replying.

I did try switching to both Blue and Blue3 Wide skins to check this straight after I noticed the problem. I get exactly the same issue.

Now, as I say, I have FirefoxIntegrator working (and am I right in thinking that this employs MultiShortcut in some way as well?), so I know I can get these plugin operations going in StreamedMP. It just doesn't work when I try to make a Multishortcut link to Firefox myself.

I carried out steap 11-14 as detailed in that link, by the way, and (as I say) I got a button successfully on my StreamedMP basic home screen, but it just doesn't do anything.

I wonder if it's somehow a Vista issue (I'm new to Vista and only have it in my HTPC), but I don't know.

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,
    You confirmed there is no problem between Streamed MP and MultiShortcut, great.
    Better for test is launching MP in windowed mode,
    be sure the .exe you want to launch is not running yet,
    try with simple .exe like notepad to see if launch is OK.
    After that, follow the doc explanation (remove older MultiShortcut.xml; copy/paste/rename MultiShortcut00.dll;
    don't forget to launch dllfix one time after).
    CU.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    if you get zooming but the app doesn't load you should first delete multishortcut.xml from the data dir.

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Multishortcut.xml

grooves12

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2006
    if you get zooming but the app doesn't load you should first delete multishortcut.xml from the data dir.

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Multishortcut.xml

Tried that... doesn't help me any. It regenerated and had a different ID. I changed them everywhere else so they all match, and still no help. Just flashes the menu out then back in, never loading the app.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Try the following
    Delete multishortcut.xml
    Delete all the multishortcut dll files
    Re install/create 1x multishortcut.dll file to call notepad.exe
    Try launching notepad.exe and see if that works