Multishortcut plugin to execute programs from home menu! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chimbochoc

Portal Member
July 11, 2008
hi framug,

no problem :)

keep up the good work!

best regards,
chimbo

noxx2

Portal Pro
September 10, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
is it possible to add BAT-Files or only EXE Files?

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Can I use this to start another plugin? Let me explain:

I want to use mp-tvseries with two different databases. Running two copies of that plugin isn't supported. The name and location of the database is in a registry key, so I want to:

1. Set the regkey to a different database
    2. Launch mp-tvseries
    3. Set the regkey back to the normal location on exit of this copy.

Does this sound possible?

You could do the following

1. Use shortcut'er plugin to map MP TV-SERIES plugin to a hot key combination. So if you press that hotkey combination MPTVSERIES is loaded.
    2. Create a macro that alteres the registry to database 1, then sends the hotkey combination that loads MP TVSERIES
    3. Create a 2nd macro that alters the registry to database 2, then sends the hotkey command to load MPTVSERIES
    4. Move MP TV-Series to the plugin menu
    5. Create a multishortcut called MPTVSERIES_1 that points to macro #1
    6. Create a multishortcut called MPTVSERIES_2 that points to macro #2

I kinda get it, but I don't understand how launch a macro with the multishortcut plugin.

What I've done now is created two multiplugins pointing to c:\windows\system32\reg.exe with different parameters.

1.add HKCU\Software\MPTVseries /f /v dbfile /d "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Database\TVSeriesDatabase4.db3"
    2.add HKCU\Software\MPTVseries /f /v dbfile /d "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Database\AnimeSeriesDatabase4.db3"

This does what I want with the database location, but what do I do next to load mptvseries? According to ShortCut'er I should just send a "U" (default) at the end of both multishortcuts, but I can only point it to .exe files?

Nevermind, It's not gonna work anyway. The database is locked and loaded at startup of MediaPortal, when you change the database location, the database itself is still loaded, so it still points to the old location until the next restart.

chesh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 5, 2009
    Spokane, WA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    So, no one is using Multishortcut to launch Steam games? (CS: Source, L4D, DOD: Source, etc) MultiShortcut will give focus to the game for a couple of seconds while it's loading and then change the focus back to MP. Anyone else exhibiting this issue too and know how to fix it? :mad:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I meant that multishortcut would load a macro, you'd have to make the macro outside of mediaportal.
    I remember reading a post that multiple copies of tv-series isn't supported, but there was an unsupported hack to allow you to run 2x copies with 2xsep databases. Small chance i am thinking of moving-pictures and not tv-series.

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I meant that multishortcut would load a macro, you'd have to make the macro outside of mediaportal.
    I remember reading a post that multiple copies of tv-series isn't supported, but there was an unsupported hack to allow you to run 2x copies with 2xsep databases. Small chance i am thinking of moving-pictures and not tv-series.

You've read it right, there's a copy of mptvseries by Tahngarth. Only problem is that it's based on an older version of mptvseries which contains a few bugs and he chose 9812 for it's ID, which is used by mptvseries as well (for the fanart selection screens). Furthermore, it breaks the latest mptvseries since it uses newer dll's than tahngarts copy. I got it running eventually, but it's not ideal.

diluzio2000

March 25, 2009
    How to disable windows toolbar on launching external apps using Multishortcut?

I need to launch external apps (such as skype, outlook, ...) using Multishortcut plugin. I did it and it works fine, but I'd like the toolbar of Windows (XP or VISTA) is NOT displayed. So I want the focus on the new application which is launched, but I don't want user can go to the windows toolbar using the mouse (of course he still can use the keyboard, but I don't care of that).
    Do you guys have any suggestion? or in case author can provide Multishorctcut sources, is there any WINDOWS APIs to do what I want?
    THANKS A LOT!

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    why don't you just permanently hide the toolbar by reducing it's size then right click and lock it.
    make the windows background image the same as MP background.

diluzio2000

March 25, 2009
    Sorry guys! I haven't noticed the option "Hide taskbar in the fullscreen mode" in the MediaPortal Configuration. If this is enabled, taskbar is always hided, even when external apps (e.g. Skype, outlook,...) are launched using Multishortcut plugin.

-wolf-

April 19, 2009
    Doesn't work for me so far. I did everything that way, the manual said but the only thing that happens when i push the just created button is, that Mediaportal is zooming out for a sec, and zooming in again. What could i have done wrong? Thanks for help :p

I Integrated the webbrowser and Ultrastar.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom