MultiShortcut Plugin (Uavailable) in DWHD skin (1 Viewer)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I recently installed the MultiShortcut plugin V27 but the DWHD skin editor shows it as "Unavalable". I have set up the shortcuts and used the option in MP config. to locate them "In Plugins" which is where I access them but it would be nice to have the flexibility to place them elsewhere in the Home GUI.;) Any hope that this could be fixed?

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    There is a facility that is not used by any of the popular skins (perhaps some of the less-popular skins use it), namely the <application> tag, which is valid on the BUTTON control. See this page in the Wiki. I have just tried it, and it does in fact work :eek:. This is the xml that I used:

Code:
    <control>
      <description>External application</description>
      <type>button</type>
      <id>0</id>
      <application>D:\test.bat</application>
      <arguments>Parameters passed to the app</arguments>
      <label>External App</label>
    </control>

The filespec specified by the <application> tag must not be enclosed in quotes, even if it contains blanks. Parameters can be passed to the application via the <arguments> tag.

I tried it with a BAT file. The file was invoked, although there was a momentary bright flash at the bottom of the screen (I think that this may have been the Windows "Task Bar"). The application is started in a minimised window.

Is this facility useable for the types of uses that users want to use it for? :D I don't know o_O.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is this facility useable for the types of uses that users want to use it for? :D I don't know o_O.
    @CyberSimian Thanks for that but no that was not what I was looking for at present. The MultiShortcut plugin does what I want it to, i.e. allows a shortcut to be set up in MP1 that will run an .exe/bat etc but my skin DWHD has an entry for the plugin see attached screenshot but does not recognise that the plugin has been installed. Consequently it is only possible to get the shortcut(s) to be displayed in the MP1 GUI through the Plugins button assuming the shortcut was set to be "In Plugins" in MP Config, if set to be "In Home" it does not get displayed at all.

@catavolt I was hoping that the skin developer would be able to quickly fix the problem.;)

mp1.jpg

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Aha - problem is that the DLL may have different numbers at the end (e.g. 00, 01, 02, 03 etc.)
    I can resolve this, but only if the user really uses 00, 01, 02, 03 etc (let´s say up to 05), but if a user names it e.g. 21, 35, 65, I cannot catch that...
    Please standby, will try something ;)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @joecrow Please try the attached BasicHomeEditorDefines.xml, it supports (for the moment) 2 shortcut dlls (00 and 01) ;)

Attachments

• BasicHomeEditorDefines.xml
      235.4 KB

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hmm, something seems to have gone badly wrong while trying the new BasicHomeEditorDefines.xml see attached screenshot, note 2 Videos, one seems to have overwritten TV and only one of the 2 (00 and 01) shortcuts displayed.
    I will try and get back to my original setup with the old BHED then retry again. For clarification can the .dlls be named anything as long as it ends in 00 or 01 e.g xyz00.dll or are you referring to the shortcut name in the shortcuts setting in MP1 Config?
    mp1.jpg

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK all recovered after going back to the old BHED but same problem when retrying the new one.
    The attached screenshots with the old BHED show the shortcuts listed in Plugins where they can be executed, the names are as per the button name I gave them in their settings, the second screenshot shows the shortcuts as seen by MP Config.
    Please let me know if something is not compatible.

mp1.jpgmp1_2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom