MultiShortcut plugin (2 Viewers)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    @framug - just a heads up that the link in your first post to the Downloads Repository listing is no longer valid - I don't think you have updated that listing in ages? To be listed as a Popular Plugin (see requirements) which MultiShortcut truly is, you need to maintain a current download in our Repo.

Might be nice if some users could help framug out and add some docs to the Wiki for MultiShortcut - there are many great 'tips' and tutorials spread out through these forums that I am sure few new users will easily find!

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello,
    I modified the first post on august 2012 to add V2.4 version plugin MP 1.3 compliant.
    I just tested the V2.4 link on the first post and, I can download .rar file.
    So, I don't understand what's no longer valid.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    If you use MediaPortal 1.0.2 then please, download Multishortcut plugin revision 1.4 here :
    MEDIAPORTAL - free media center - MultiShortcut
    I get a 404 error
    I removed this on first post, it was posted many years ago, when there was another website version than this one and I doubt MP 1.0.2 is used.

And If you search for MultiShortcut in our Extensions (Plugins and Skins) downloads repository you won't find it! I only noticed because some users were asking for a plugin to do what MultiShortcut does and had not found it in our plugin listings on our website.
    Well, I suppose MultiShortcut extension has not been transfered with the actual website version too ?
    I found others plugins like WebEPGfr also disapears.
    And File Explorer plugin repository has been recreated by someone else.
    But, if someone think it coud be useful for users to have it in plugin repository then, feel free to create it with the .rar file found on first post.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Yes when we upgraded the Plugin repository a couple years ago, all the listings that were no longer compatible with the current version of MP (IIRC 1.1.0 at the time) were archived. Recently I think @high removed the archive as there was nothing 'active' in it anymore, at least I can't find the link now. It looks like powermarcel10 added File Explorer to the Repo when he updated for MP 1.3.0? If you ever want to edit the listing yourself, just message high or myself and we can give you access.

MultiShortCut is 'special' though ;) because it is listed as a popular/maintained plugin, which entitles you to a separate forum with sub forums. So it's up to you if you want to keep that. If so, MultiShortcut must be listed in the plugin repository - that's been the case for years (which is why you probably listed it there long ago ;)). Personally I think you have done a great job, and it is a very useful plugin for many users so I would love to see it listed, and via MPEI as well! Many users just browse and install plugins via MPEI these days - I know with aMPed 70% downloads are via MPEI these days, rather than forum or even Plugins Repository (I post in all 3 and compare ;)). I just like to see everyone get the benefit of your great work, so why not make it as visible as possible?

Last edited:

mpd757

May 18, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Any chance you can update this to be compatible with MP 1.4? It shows as "Incompatible" under plugins. :(

Thanks!

cubii

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2006
    Personally I think you have done a great job, and it is a very useful plugin for many users so I would love to see it listed, and via MPEI as well!

I think so too! One of the best/most important plugins!

Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Last edited:

sand

Portal Pro
    January 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Can somebody help.
    I use multishortcut to run batch script that keeps nas on running for some time.
    Problem is that cmd window that opens get focus and I can't return focus back to MP using remote ?

Is there some options to run multishortcut in background ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom