Music Bugs (Black Glass HD 2.8.1.0) (1 Viewer)

an0nz

Portal Member
May 18, 2011
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Black Glass HD 2.8.1.0

Here are some bugs I noticed this morning in Music. Not sure if its specific to me, but I figured it was best to post them and see if anyone else is having issues or if Tgx has a simple solution :)

Module: Music - Now Playing

BUG 1: If in MP Config you turn on display visualization on the Now Playing screen, when you expand the left menu in Now Playing the vis doesn't slide to the right as the cover art does and will remain in place covering most of the menu.
(I have only used Milkdrop2 and not tested to see if it happens with other visualizations)

BUG 2: If you load the Actions menu for one of the items in the right menu it does not apply to the highlighted item.
For Example, if I click the action add this album to playlist on any item in the right menu, it will simply add the currently playing album to the playlist again.

Module: Music - Playlist
BUG: All items listed within the playlist shift right and left align where the buttons to reorder and delete a song would usually sit.
On occasion this would happen on its own but I can successfully reproduce the fault every time by clicking a button next to a song or by clicking the page arrows at the bottom

I know music is the not so well loved part of MP, but I do still use it from time to time :)
Great skin though, very clean and tidy interface.

Love the Basic Home screen I just wish it could be a 3D rolling menu where you can add more items and have it scroll off one side of the screen and back on the other, but I imagine that is either not possible or would be rather complex :p

Thanks

Tgx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Bug 1: I need a screenshot. I tried with the default visualizations and it's ok in every screen.

Bug 2: This does not depend on the skin. It's a general Mediaportal behaviour or bug. You can ask in the subforum covering bugs.

Bug 3: Found it. Try this file.

The 3D rolling rows idea in basichome was the original idea that inspired me. It's not possible with the current skin engine though. It may be simulated, but it would require a huge use of images that would make the basichome slow down to unbearable levels.

Thanks

Tgx

Attachments

• common.facade.music.xml
      15.3 KB

an0nz

Portal Member
    May 18, 2011
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey Tgx,

Sorry about the delay, was busy today.

Bug 1: Here is a photo of what happens with the visualization, this was tested using the standard WMP Alchemy vis to ensure it wasn't just something random with Milkdrop2 or Winamp visualizations.
    I have also noticed if I click on any item that refreshes the Now Playing screen the vis will disappear and wont reappear until I leave Now Playing and then return to it. This was noted when clicking on a suggested album where I did not have the first song causing a popup alert, or when I used the love / ban options in the left menu and a small popup appeared saying it had updated last.fm

Bug 2: I'll put a post in there, I just find it very strange how this functions but o well.

Bug 3: The file provided resolves the fault
    This is a feature request for the buttons in your Current Playlist, is it possible for the cursor to stay in the same place, for example if I move a track down the cursor will move back to the song, so if you want to move a track a few rows down you must arrow across twice each time you move it down a line.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0092.JPG
      IMG_0092.JPG
      212.8 KB

wawa79

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    Niort
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello Tgx,

First, congratulations on the continuous improvement of the skin! I think I tried all others but always returned to Black Glass and its simple and profesional look!

I have 2 issues with the Music module (which is the 2nd main module I use after TV):
    1) Bug: in the Music playlist, I sometimes get the following display bug: the playlist items scroll right when the left menu opens but does not return to normal position after menu has disappeared (see attachment). I did not identify the sequence to make this happen yet...
    2) Suggestion: in the left popup menu, would it be possible to move from the last item in the menu to the first one when the [Down] key is pressed? Can this be generalized to all menus to give a more convenient menu navigation?

Thank you!

Attachments

• MP music bug.jpg
      MP music bug.jpg
      121.7 KB

an0nz

Portal Member
    May 18, 2011
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey wawa79, tgx fixed that bug in the file attached in post #2, I believe he will be releasing it in the next skin update.
    You can just download it and put it into the skin directory in c:\programdata\ if you don't want to wait until the next patch.

wawa79

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    Niort
    Home Country
    France France
    Hey wawa79, tgx fixed that bug in the file attached in post #2, I believe he will be releasing it in the next skin update.
    You can just download it and put it into the skin directory in c:\programdata\ if you don't want to wait until the next patch.

Great! I did not understand your issue and thought you had a different problem!
    :D

an0nz

Portal Member
    May 18, 2011
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    All good, I'm just wondering if tgx has had any luck with the vis issue.

Tgx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    An update about BUG1: The visualization window in NowPlaying screen does not obey to the animation or visible commands. This is surely a Mediaportal bug. For the time being the only way to solve the issue is to remove the visualization control from the visible screen so that it's not displayed. I hope that someone in the Dev Team activates animations for visualizations in NowPlaying screens.

Thanks

Tgx

an0nz

Portal Member
    May 18, 2011
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ahh k, has anyone done an MP bug report for it?
    Tgx, is it possible to adjust the z index for the vis so that although it won't move it's at least behind the menu?

Tgx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Ahh k, has anyone done an MP bug report for it?
    Tgx, is it possible to adjust the z index for the vis so that although it won't move it's at least behind the menu?
    The z under is already ok. Unfortunately the visualization window is always rendered on top of the gfx layer.

Thanks

Tgx

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom