Music Gapless Playback (1 Viewer)

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @Helios61

I downloaded an album with mutichannel flac files. Attached is a info file from the flac itself. Can you playback such files now? This album does not play on my system. Or do I have to make some extra settings to make it work? I changed WASAPI to 5.1 mode.

Attachments

• 01-Crazy - (remix).flac.MediaInfo.txt
      2.2 KB

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Playback of these files is working fine here. Playback of multichannel HiRes files is only possible with HDMI connection and a propper sounddevice (e.G. your Sapphire ATI 6570 Passive). Maybe something is wrong with your windows sound settings.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Playback of these files is working fine here. Playback of multichannel HiRes files is only possible with HDMI connection and a propper sounddevice (e.G. your Sapphire ATI 6570 Passive). Maybe something is wrong with your windows sound settings.

Hi,

Playback doos not work. When I want to play 1 of these files, it says: playback not possible: filename

I set mediaportal to wasapi 5.1 exclusive mode, amd 6570 soundcard. Set windows soundcard settings to 5.1 surround.

Everything is connected with HDMI to my marantz sr 7007. So the hardware is capable of doing it.

Any advice?

Thx

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I will test, but what has the buffer to do with multichannel playback. Should not matter, I think.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Helios had problems with a too large buffer. Unfortunately the WASAPI device doesn't tell me which buffers are possible upfront.
    i will just get back an error, if the buffer size is not appropriate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom