Music Info (Bios, fanart, thumbs, cdart ...) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ahhh do you have the generate artist thumb option checked?
    Yes.

My results so far:
    I have nearly 100% matches here with 340 well-known albums ;)
    Compared the fanart with the ones from htbackdrops: many files show the same picture, but the resolution of the new scraped fanart is mostly a lot better (therefore the file size is also much bigger ;))

Last edited:

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ah, forgot to say that I also have a lot of artist clear art (for 85 artists) and some cd art (for 12 albums) ;)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    As far as the quality for the fanart, it's hard to compare. I see a lot of the same pictures, some new once look really awesome. But i've been using your Last.FM rework for months now, and FH doesn't work on that so i'm really happy with this solution! Btw: IS it compatible with the Last.FM rework??
    Yes it is compatible.
    I have just found out though that I don't think it works with fanarthandler v3. The latest version on MPEI appears to be v2.3 but there is a v3 version on the website and via forum which wants a slightly different file name. I have a version working locally here but I want to sort out a couple of other issues before releasing an update.

Also just to point out that this code is experimental so it will take a lot of time to get it into a proper state (MusicInfoHandler took 18 months to get close to where I wanted it to be). I am actually planning a thumb management add-on to this to allow you to change artist / album / fanart thumbs inside of MP but that is the end game and likely to be 18 months away....

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Very quick update:

Album art: 722 in database: 1294 scraped (big and little thumbs)
    Albumartist: 1302 (4003 artist tags) in database: 2227 scraped
    cdart: 568 scraped
    clearart: 741 scraped
    fanart: 2740 scraped

Cannot go in detail right now, I'm off to work now.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    fanart.tv definitely has superior fanart/album art to any other site. Any image upload has to be approved by a moderator and they are very strict in terms of quality. If there was a tagger that had support for fanart.tv I would definitely batch replace or my embedded album covers with whatever has available from fanart.tv. PS. anyone know of a mp3 tagger that supports fanart.tv?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yes it is compatible.
    I have just found out though that I don't think it works with fanarthandler v3. The latest version on MPEI appears to be v2.3 but there is a v3 version on the website and via forum which wants a slightly different file name. I have a version working locally here but I want to sort out a couple of other issues before releasing an update.

Nice that it's compatible!!
    As far as FH v3, i've been running that for a few months already, and it's also not compatible (yet) with the Last.FM rework.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/nowplayingscrape-error.116712/

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Mike, missing some xmls for the GUI of MusicInfoHandler.
    The old ones don´t work correct, and there is missing one called MusicInfoHandlerThumbs.xml ;)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    I have done some testing and as far as I can see artist and album info is working by pressing f9.
    That said only 700 of the 1200 artists on this dev machine had anything downloaded and of those a fair few have no bio.

Someone mentioned they saw artist bio info in now playing but now when browsing? Was this the same artist? If so could I get a copy of your music database.

The easiest way to see what artist / album data has been downloaded is to to use sqlite browser (just open your music database with this and go to browse data; from there you can choose the artistinfo / albuminfo tables from the drop down)

I will upload a new version later which will work with fanart handler v3 and will also allow downloading details in other languages

Last edited:

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    OK new version in first post with the option to change the language for artist and album info. I did a quick check by setting this to German and I think you may all be quite disappointed as to how well this is populated :(

I added the option to default to English if your chosen language is not available.

Other change is how fanart thumbs are named. You really should delete any thumbs downloaded by the previous version of this else you really will end up with lots and lots of duplicated fanart. The new names should be (in the main) compatible with the latest fanarthandler (which does not actually appear to be in MPEI)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom