Music - missing coverart for songs (1 Viewer)

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Music - missing coverart for songs

Too bad. :(

vrm42

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Here's a thing: 13! When I have an album with less than 13 songs, there's no coverart at all. When I have 14 song, after scrolling down, I get coverart for the last song, then I get one for the first. When I have 15... I get coverarts for the first 2 and the last 2 songs... and so on. 26 or more songs: all cover will be displayed after a scroll down.

Screen resolution was 1920x1080, max items in listcontrol: 12/page
    I just tried on another pc, resolution is 1650x1080, items: 9/page. Now that magic number above is 10!

I don't know if this helps or not...

marson

Portal Pro
    June 9, 2007
    uk
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    when I enter the song list, first I see no covers,This happend to me too

I did a fresh install of MediaPortal 1.2.1, everything was ok ,

it was when i updated the video database, that i noticed this what was causing the problem

fresh install again with all plugins ok , not touched video database this time

hope this helps ....

vrm42

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I don't want a fresh install, this bug is way smaller issue.
    Also, eventually you need video database as well.

I hope this problem will be fixed in 1.2 stable.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Music - missing coverart for songs

1.2 stable is already out!
    Next version will probably be 1.3.0 Alpha.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Not "I", that is a lovercase L.
    :oops: but still does not match the structure you said.

Do thumbs appear in database views?
    How to do that?
    When I switch view to Album, that is a complete mess...
    I see only a few of covers displayed randomly, and no titles displayed in GUI.
    that then seems like the issue. Switching view to anything other than shares will go to database view. If your music is not (or badly) tagged you will get rubbish. A lot of thumbs are picked up by tags so sorting out the tags would probably fix most issues.

Do you have thumbs stored as folder.jpg?
    I have everything: folder.jpg, front.jpg, artist - album.jpg...

Is album art embedded in tags?
    I don't get it, sorry.
    So where do you expect MP to pick up the artwork from?

One more thing: Sometimes songs are sorted randomly when I enter to an album. Then I select "sort by - name" and it gets sorted well.
    Again sounds like tags. If your tags are a mess or missing then sorting it not going to work particularly well. I will look at sorting on shares but I think you are fairly limited here as it does not know anything about the files (this is why you are so much better off tagging your music correctly and using database views (album / genre / album artist etc)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Could people see if they get better results using the attached binary
    (rename the existing file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows then pop this one in its place)

Attachments

• WindowPlugins.zip
      408.4 KB

vrm42

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Yes, I am very limited, I am aware of this fact, but thanks for remind me :)
    Still, as user, I see that what works fine for years, that start acting badly.

but still does not match the structure you said.
    My structure, my files are intact for a long time ago and they worked fine before.

that then seems like the issue. Switching view to anything other than shares will go to database view. If your music is not (or badly) tagged you will get rubbish. A lot of thumbs are picked up by tags so sorting out the tags would probably fix most issues.
    I can't look inside the core, but all of albums have their covers. Songs are who don't have.
    All my songs have at least these tags: album, artist, title, track - what must I set also? I will do, promise :)

So where do you expect MP to pick up the artwork from?
    From front.jpg, folder.jpg, artist - album.jpg, as always before. Again: albums have their covers fine.

One more thing: Sometimes songs are sorted randomly when I enter to an album. Then I select "sort by - name" and it gets sorted well.
    Again sounds like tags. If your tags are a mess or missing then sorting it not going to work particularly well.
    NO. Tags are fine there. Trust me, or you're welcome to check things out with teamviewer :)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    NO. Tags are fine there. Trust me, or you're welcome to check things out with teamviewer :)
    That is very off then as it is working fine here.

Can you please post screenshots of
    Thumbnails - MediaPortal Wiki
    Music Database - MediaPortal Wiki

Also can you please do a screenshot showing the contents of

C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Music\Albums
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Music\Folder

Also can you do a screenshot of the tags inside a track which is problematic and let me know if a file exists in the albums directory (eg Adelle - 19.jpg or Aerosmith - Done With Mirrors.jpg)

vrm42

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    As Marson said correctly, a fresh install solves the problem. I installed 1.2.1 on a test PC and everything looks fine.
    Update is not enough. I will do the same for the HTPC as soon as I get retired :)

It's funny. I deleted music database, the entire music folder from thumbs, regenerated database, still not lucky.

Also can you do a screenshot of the tags inside a track which is problematic
    EVERY single track can be problematic, because none of them have any cover, nor default icon.

OK, screens are attached. And since the problem can be fixed, I get off this topic.

Thanks everyone for helping!

Attachments

• Untitled1.jpg
      Untitled1.jpg
      57.7 KB
    • Untitled2.jpg
      Untitled2.jpg
      63.5 KB
    • Untitled3.jpg
      Untitled3.jpg
      195.6 KB
    • Untitled4.jpg