Music Player Rework (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    If it is done easily, i'll try to implement this one. e.g. for titles which ares stopped before end of file and are longer than 10:00 AND the option for resume has been configured, a dialog can be dsiplayed.

Preferably it would be done on some metadata info - there are many albums in my own collection that have longer tracks, and for music the resume doesnt make sence only for the audio books.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    If it is done easily, i'll try to implement this one. e.g. for titles which ares stopped before end of file and are longer than 10:00 AND the option for resume has been configured, a dialog can be dsiplayed.

Preferably it would be done on some metadata info - there are many albums in my own collection that have longer tracks, and for music the resume doesnt make sence only for the audio books.

Hehe, was thinking of you when i wrote the " ... AND ..." above.
    Sure. Should be made configurable. For example using the "Genre" or any other meta field

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Here are the sample files.
    Here is the download link: >>CLICK<< (615MB)
    It contains:
    - 6 DTS samples @ 44.1khz and 48khz
    - 3 AC3 samples @ 44.1khz and 48khz
    - 2 Flac samples @ 44.1khz and 96khz

All copyrights or other legal stuff FREE ofcourse.

If there is a different (better faster) upload location for it, please tell me :) a PM will suffice.

Last edited:

Bomberman

Portal Pro
    June 19, 2009
    Russia, Moscow
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    I did not understand, this version 1.2.100.*** - equivalent 1.2.3 Media Portal (next generation), or " part of 1.4.0"?
    I dont use 1.3 alpha (I do not like Alpha).
    interface (skin) in this version match normal 1.2.3 Media Portal?

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I did not understand, this version 1.2.100.*** - equivalent 1.2.3 Media Portal (next generation), or " part of 1.4.0"?
    I dont use 1.3 alpha (I do not like Alpha).
    interface (skin) in this version match normal 1.2.3 Media Portal?

And what has this to do with the BASS Player Rework?

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I think the questions are: For what version(s) of MediaPortal is the download in the first page. Why does the filename suggest it is for 1.2.

My anwser would be, It is 1.3 SVN.
    The file downloaded is a full installer package. It is a clean / fresh installation of MP 1.3 SVN, which is at the moment a couple of branches after the MP1.3a release (=newer)

Atleast, I think this is what you mean and what the anwsers are.. :) correct me if im wrong please...

Last edited:

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This is a test build for testing and is not designed for use in a production system.

It is somewhere between 1.2.3 and 1.3 alpha and plugins / skins may or may not work.

The point here is to test the music functionality. we need wide spread testing then we can consider making it part of MP.

Your feedback here is really important and without it we will not be able to get this into the MP code. Please let us know what works and what does not

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    hwahrmann,

Could you please mention in the opening post very clearly what version MP this is a fork of. I asumed it is atleast 1.3a or newer (svn) as the testbuild is made public a while after 1.3alpha release. This is why I didnt excpect it to be between 1.23 and 1.3a, which might break some things here and there.

BUT.... Despite this, I havent noticed any bugs anyway (yet). (havent spent much time with MP though...)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom