Music Post Processing (1 Viewer)

Aurora13

Portal Pro
November 2, 2006
Hi,

I am using the "internal dshow player" in the Music section. No I have two questions:

- How does MP build the dshow graph? Because it is different from the default one Graphedt uses.
- Is it possible to make a Music Post Processing?

I use AC3Filter (Post Processing) after LAV Audio for TV, Video, Bluray, etc. Which works perfectly. I use AC3Filter for Bass Management. But Music is the only section without Post Processing so I can't force AC3Filter unfortunately.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You might be able to achieve what you want by either

1. Using a different audio renderer that features mixing / bass redirection

2. Using a winamp plugin that features " "

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I don't really know, but this is what I would look into if I had your problem.

Some sound drivers come with a different audio renderer and in that audio renderer you can add effects one of which might be some form of mixing. So you could start with installing the extra crap that comes with your sound card driver.[DOUBLEPOST=1374213536][/DOUBLEPOST]PS> Another thing you could try is... I have no idea, but if you increase the priority of ffdshow audio merit, you might be able to get ffdshow into the dshow graph for music, then use the mixer inside that. you'd have to use graphstudio while playing music to see if it used dshow filters (it probably does, but I've never checked).

Aurora13

Portal Pro
    November 2, 2006

Some sound drivers come with a different audio renderer and in that audio renderer you can add effects one of which might be some form of mixing. So you could start with installing the extra crap that comes with your sound card driver.

I use Room Correction software (Dirac), which has it's own 'software' soundcard. Which can't do any extra mixing. Will ask on their forum, if they can make anything like that.

Aurora13

Portal Pro
    November 2, 2006

Some sound drivers come with a different audio renderer and in that audio renderer you can add effects one of which might be some form of mixing. So you could start with installing the extra crap that comes with your sound card driver.[DOUBLEPOST=1374213536][/DOUBLEPOST]PS> Another thing you could try is... I have no idea, but if you increase the priority of ffdshow audio merit, you might be able to get ffdshow into the dshow graph for music, then use the mixer inside that. you'd have to use graphstudio while playing music to see if it used dshow filters (it probably does, but I've never checked).

That was my first question, when opening music in Graphstudio it open like this:
    music.m4a -> LAV Filter -> LAV Audio -> ffdshow -> Default Audio renderer
    When playing the same song in MediaPortal (remote graph in GraphStudio):
    music.m4a -> LAV Filter -> LAV Audio -> Default Audio renderer

I even tried with DC Bass Source filter, which gives in GraphStudio:
    DC Bass Source -> Default Audio Renderer
    And in MediaPortal:
    music.m4a -> LAV Filter -> LAV Audio -> Default Audio renderer

So it looks like MediaPortal ignores the Dshow merrits and uses it own, which is not bad, but then I would like to have some control over it like in Video, TV, DVD, etc. :)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    change merits for ffdshow audio to high, make sure ffdshow enabled for all formats, relogin in to windows to apply change in merit. recheck.[DOUBLEPOST=1374222320][/DOUBLEPOST]Also LAV Splitter Properties -> Disable for mp3,etc....

Aurora13

Portal Pro
    November 2, 2006
    change merits for ffdshow audio to high, make sure ffdshow enabled for all formats, relogin in to windows to apply change in merit. recheck.

Did that [reboot] already a few times, see my previous post. GraphStudio is using ffdshow by default, so the merits are working. Only not for MP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom