Music Post Processing (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I just checked and I am able to play mp3 file within MP using ffdshow and I am taking the low freq out of the L+R channel and sending it to subwoofer channel. so it does work. (be sure to enable both [x] LFE crossover and [x] remove low freq...)

TIP: you need to remove LAV splitter from graph by editing lav splitter properties so it doesn't load for the audio files that you are playing...

Last edited:

Aurora13

Portal Pro
    November 2, 2006
    The problem is not how to make LFE work. The problem is that opening a music file in MP gives different graph than in GraphStudio. And that is not correct.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    blarg.jpgproof...[DOUBLEPOST=1374223317][/DOUBLEPOST]PS. You want to use

LFE:
    [X] LFE Crossover
    [X] Remove low freq

MIX:
    Output: [2/0/0] [X] LFE - This will give you 2.1 channel with bass mixed out of fronts and into sub.
    Output: [3/0/2] [X] LFE - This will give you 5.1 channel with bass mixed out of fronts and into sub.

Last edited:

Aurora13

Portal Pro
    November 2, 2006
    Please listen carefully, the problem is not to make ffdshow to work in MP, I can do that. But I would like to use AC3Filter as Post processing.
    Besides what I would like to use, the following is clearly not correct:

Graphstudio:
    music.mp3 -> LAV Filter -> ffdshow -> AC3Filter -> Audio Renderer

MediaPortal:
    music.mp3 -> LAV Filter -> ffdshow -> Audio Renderer

Clearly that is not correct. And that was my point from the beginning.
    So is it a bug in MP or can a Post Processing section be added to the Music plugin?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I just checked and I am able to play mp3 file within MP using ffdshow and I am taking the low freq out of the L+R channel and sending it to subwoofer channel. so it does work. (be sure to enable both [x] LFE crossover and [x] remove low freq...)

TIP: you need to remove LAV splitter from graph by editing lav splitter properties so it doesn't load for the audio files that you are playing...
    [DOUBLEPOST=1374224393][/DOUBLEPOST]
    change merits for ffdshow audio to high, make sure ffdshow enabled for all formats, relogin in to windows to apply change in merit. recheck.[DOUBLEPOST=1374222320][/DOUBLEPOST]Also LAV Splitter Properties -> Disable for mp3,etc....
    [DOUBLEPOST=1374224420][/DOUBLEPOST]
    [DOUBLEPOST=1374224444][/DOUBLEPOST] that does same thing as ac3filter and is easier to setup, as you don't need to edit as many merits.

If that is not enough just stick ac3filter into the graph! ffdshow ac3, connect any filter -> ac3filter.

there is no bug i can find, MP is using dshow filter based on merits.

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    with regards to can post processing be adding to music. yes it can, would it be added, probably not.

MP (Music) -> FFdshow -> AC3Filter -> Output
    Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:

Aurora13

Portal Pro
    November 2, 2006
    with regards to can post processing be adding to music. yes it can, would it be added, probably not.

MP (Music) -> FFdshow -> AC3Filter -> Output
    View attachment 133252

First thanks for all your help!

When playing MP3, MP is using AC3Filter now! (Thanks for the tip for removing LAV Splitter).

But with .m4a files (Apple Lossless) it is also working like you posted, but that defeats the whole purpose of having all my files lossless:
    ALAC (music file) -> convert to AC3 (ffdshow) -> PCM (AC3Filter)

Any other suggestion?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Unfortunately there is a bug with ac3filter preventing it from connecting to LPCM using merits.

My recommendation (If you want to mix 2.0 -> 2.1 ie send bass to sub)

I would ditch ac3filter for music and only use ffdshow.
    use LFE crossover and remove LFE from front channels then output as LPCM (lossless)

or if you want bitperfect playback stop remixing your audio and just output 2.0 as 2.0

Last edited:

Aurora13

Portal Pro
    November 2, 2006
    Unfortunately there is a bug with ac3filter preventing it from connecting to LPCM using merits.

My recommendation (If you want to mix 2.0 -> 2.1 ie send bass to sub)

I would ditch ac3filter for music and only use ffdshow.
    use LFE crossover and remove LFE from front channels then output as LPCM (lossless)

It looks like that bug is part of the problem indeed.
    Unfortnuately is the ffdshow of 2.0 -> 2.1 not so great as the implementation in AC3Filter. Also it still wouldn't work for .m4a files:

Graphstudio
    DC Bass Source -> ffdshow -> Audio Renderer

MediaPortal
    DC Bass Source -> Audio Renderer

Clearly MP is doing something different then GraphStudio with merits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom