[no Bug] Music stopping prematurely (1 Viewer)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've found an issue with the Bass player (also in MP 1.7.1 hotfix, don't exactly know when it started, but I'm pretty sure it worked some versions ago).

The problem is, when I play certain songs they are ended prematurely.
    I have a song that's 2:50, and when played with player set to "BASS engine" it stops abruptly at 3 seconds before the song is actually finished.

If I set the player to "Internal DShow player" it plays correctly to the end of the song.

Logs attached.

In the zip there are 2 folders: Bass contains the logs of playing that song using the Bass player,
    Internal Dshow contains the logs of playing that song using the Internal dshow player.

Song can be requested through pm

Last edited by a moderator:

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've tried it with all options off (At the "General BASS Player Settings" tab) and with only "Fade-in on start/ fade-out on stop" checked.
    Both gave the same results. (Logs\Bass are from the Fade option checked)

badboyxx

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is the Wi-FI Remote plugin in MP Config enabled? Disable it and try again. In my case it solved the problem. I don't know if it is installed by default within the Mediaportal installation or not.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Nope, no traces of a wifi remote plugin found in MP config

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hey kabouter :D
    Both gave the same results. (Logs\Bass are from the Fade option checked)
    Could you please supply logs with X-Fading disabled, since that shows up in your logs.
    Code:
    [2014-07-20 21:30:24,252] [Log    ] [BASS X-Fade] [DEBUG] - BASS: X-Fading out stream \\dionysus\Shared\Music\Top2000\top2000 2010 1801-2000\1996 - Four Tops - If I Were A Carpenter [1966].mp3
    [2014-07-20 21:30:24,255] [Log    ] [9        ] [DEBUG] - BASS: End of Song \\dionysus\Shared\Music\Top2000\top2000 2010 1801-2000\1996 - Four Tops - If I Were A Carpenter [1966].mp3
    [2014-07-20 21:30:24,257] [Log    ] [9        ] [DEBUG] - BASS: Reached end of playlist.
    [2014-07-20 21:30:24,259] [Log    ] [9        ] [INFO ] - g_Player.OnStopped()

And please disable the MPSync plugin while testing, since that seems to cause weird issues on multiple systems (and throws errors on yours).

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok, here you are.
    Still 2 errors (1 about tvserver version, didn't get around to updating yet, and one about last.fm, but I hardly think that could be the cause)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I really can't see anything wrong, because the playtimes aren't logged. At 20:52:11,772 Bass X-Fading fades out the stream, and @ the same time end of song is reached. That indicates that there is no fade, and it simply is the end of the song. But that isn't the case, or else you wouldn't have opened this thread ;)

Hmm.... Hard one...
    Out of curiousity, did you try it for example with ASIO or WASAPI?
    Curious if it's only BASS, because i listen a lot of music and never noticed this issue with WASAPI.
    Maybe @hwahrmann sees something strange in the logs.

You say it does not always happen, but only with certain files, but with those files you ALWAYS have this issue?
    And is it always 3 seconds when it happens?

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Didn't try it with ASIO nor WASAPI.

Indeed not all songs suffer from it, but this particular song is always 3 or 4 seconds shorter than it should be, and always the same amount.
    You can see the remaining time gently countdown from 2:49 to 0:04 and then briefly to 0:03 and then it stops. (guess it's some 3.5 seconds short)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Indeed not all songs suffer from it, but this particular song is always 3 or 4 seconds shorter than it should be, and always the same amount.
    You can see the remaining time gently countdown from 2:49 to 0:04 and then briefly to 0:03 and then it stops. (guess it's some 3.5 seconds short)
    Can you get me a copy? Then i'll test it here and see if i can reproduce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom