Music Trivia (1 Viewer)

patrick

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
Southeast
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
That would be interesting to see if that fixes the problem. Thanks patrick, and happy Thanksgiving.

Thanks! I had a good time with family, hope you had a happy Thanksgiving too!

-ltb- said:
unfortunately, it doesn't change anything
@-ltb-,

I downloaded the xface skin file from post 78 in this thread and
replaced the background image control xml with the xml in your post,
added a "background" folder for animation and everything worked ok.

This is using the latest MP, Xface and Music Trivia.

(If you want to attach your skin file I will try it on my box with xface.)

patrick

-ltb-

Portal Pro
April 10, 2006
Home Country
France France
hi patrick, Jburnette
sorry for the delay, I ve been busy thoses last days, I hope I will have a look on my xml this week end
thx

-ltb-

Portal Pro
April 10, 2006
Home Country
France France
"Good news", pb solved, I have updated MP with the last svn, re-scanned my music database and re-installed the plugin and now it works, I don't know what happened before...
thx

nino

Portal Member
October 29, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi

I played around with musictrivia.xml for xface in order to improve the look and feel in two player mode - maybe its of use for somebody...?

Cheers,

nino

Brodin

January 4, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Awesome plugin, but sometimes i just don´t play the songs. It randomly don´t play a song, a bug or my computer, i don´t know!

/Mike

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    No album art to see!

Hi jburnette!

I enjoy playing your little game very much.

Unfortunaltly I don't see any album art although I have album art for most of my songs.

I think what your plugin does is: Looking for folder.jpg in the music folder.
    Because in rare cases, where I accidently had a folder.jpg the album art was shown.

As my physical storage goes artist/tracks not artist/album/tracks I don´t use folder.jpg
    All my album art is in mediaportal/thumbs/album/*.*

It seems you don´t make use of the thumbs folder.

tomtom

jburnette

Portal Pro
    August 24, 2006
    Kentucky
    Home Country
    Hi jburnette!

I enjoy playing your little game very much.

Unfortunaltly I don't see any album art although I have album art for most of my songs.

I think what your plugin does is: Looking for folder.jpg in the music folder.
    Because in rare cases, where I accidently had a folder.jpg the album art was shown.

As my physical storage goes artist/tracks not artist/album/tracks I don´t use folder.jpg
    All my album art is in mediaportal/thumbs/album/*.*

It seems you don´t make use of the thumbs folder.

tomtom

tomtom,

I use Mediaportal's GetFolderThumb method for retrieving the album thumbnails. I had never noticed this, but you're right - it only looks in the folder for an image. I'll look into switching over to another method for locating the thumbnails that should work in your situation as well.

Thanks for the heads up on that!

C

cYbton

Hey, first of all I couldn't see the tags of the mp3's in the skin Project Mayhem 3. I just had to copy the xml from BlueTwo to Project Mayhem 3 and it works perfectly. I don't know whether you know of this problem, but i think you'll have to fix it in the next version. Thanks for the funny game. :)

jburnette

Portal Pro
    August 24, 2006
    Kentucky
    Home Country
    Thanks for the report, but I don't do the skin files for Project Mayhem 3. That's something you'd need to report in that skin's specific forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom