Music Trivia (1 Viewer)

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I just uploaded a new version that fixes that problem. I'm going to put this in the first post as well, but there's no reason to upgrade unless you are having problems.

This release adds no functionality. The only difference is that the start button's control ID is changed from 1 to 110. If you are having problems just install the new build. If you still have problems, open musictrivia.xml up from your skin's directory and change the control id of the start button from 1 to 110 and all should work well for you.

Thanks again to Psycho Reptile for bringing this to my attention.

-ltb-

Portal Pro
April 10, 2006
Home Country
France France
it is still not working for me (the game doesn't start) with neither Xface or all others skins except blue 2 !
What about you?
i will upgrade MP this weekend with the final version, currently i 'm using MP 0.2.3 RC2 last svn.

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
;) Don't suppose you could look at the code for Global Search and upgate it to work with 0.2.3.0. d-fader seems to be very busy atm...

I'll take a look at it this weekend. I'd say it's because of the changes to the music database, the same thing that broke this plugin.

it is still not working for me (the game doesn't start) with neither Xface or all others skins except blue 2 !
What about you?
i will upgrade MP this weekend with the final version, currently i 'm using MP 0.2.3 RC2 last svn.

Can you attach a log for me? I'm not sure what your problem is other than possibly not having the right skin file in the Xface directory. You'll need to open the skin file up and make sure the start button's control id is 110.

wb228

Portal Member
November 8, 2007
Sorry - me again...

In the Foofaraw43 skin I can now start music trivia, but the multipe choice answers are off the screen - too far to the right.

I would look at editing the xml file myself but would prolly make it worse...

Sorry to be a pain, it`s because its such a good plugin!

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
Sorry - me again...

In the Foofaraw43 skin I can now start music trivia, but the multipe choice answers are off the screen - too far to the right.

I would look at editing the xml file myself but would prolly make it worse...

Sorry to be a pain, it`s because its such a good plugin!

Hey, no problem at all. Try dropping this skin file in your foofooraw directory, overwriting the one you currently have.

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
Hello,

Thank you, now it's working with Xface but the first song is under the top menu. If you can improve that.

:)

Cédric

Here's a skin file for xface, but keep in mind that 2-player is still a mess with xface. It does look better for single player, though.

-ltb-

Portal Pro
April 10, 2006
Home Country
France France
What about you?

Can you attach a log for me? I'm not sure what your problem is other than possibly not having the right skin file in the Xface directory. You'll need to open the skin file up and make sure the start button's control id is 110.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the delay,
so i updated MP to the final version, re installed music trivia (the last one), and the game still does not start (i can select the buton start). I tried with B2 but the new ID is not compatible.
Here 's my log

thx

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
ltb,

I've looked at the log but am kind of stumped. This seems to me as if it's the culprit:

Code:
2007-11-19 23:50:42.968750 [Info.][MPMain]: GUIWindow:OnWindowLoaded id:1 ex:Impossible de convertir l'objet de type 'MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIMultiImage' en type 'MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIButtonControl'.    à System.RuntimeType.CheckValue(Object value, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, BindingFlags invokeAttr)
   à System.Reflection.RtFieldInfo.InternalSetValue(Object obj, Object value, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, Boolean doVisibilityCheck, Boolean doCheckConsistency)
   à System.Reflection.RtFieldInfo.SetValue(Object obj, Object value, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture)
   à MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnWindowLoaded() MusicTrivia.Class1

But I'm not sure why there's a GUIMultiImage trying to convert itself to a GUIButtonControl. I also notice that the id is 1, which is especially odd since this newest version doesn't refer to any control with an ID of 1. Are you sure you've got the newest version?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom