Music Trivia (2 Viewers)

drunkmonkey0

Portal Pro
April 22, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Excellent! I tryed this out as soon as i saw the new version.

Game type and genre restriction are accessible from the context menu only

But alas, i cannot find this place, i checked the plugin in media portal config cant find anywhere to set it, and looked carefully in media portal itself when playing.

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
It's in the context menu. You would use the same button on your remote that brings up context menus in other windows. I think the keyboard mapping is F8?

Gaper01

Portal Member
June 17, 2007
Netherlands
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Music Trivia won't start

Hi,

I can not get you new version to work. :confused:
When I start Musictrivia the screen shows up, but than nothing happens and it seems like MP hangs.
If I check with taskmanger, MP is still running though.

I'm still running the latest stable version of MP (V0.2.2.0). Could that be the problem??
I reinstalled the old version and everything works again, but I would love to use the multiplayer function.

Any help is appreciated
:D

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
Hi,

When I start Musictrivia the screen shows up, but than nothing happens and it seems like MP hangs.

I'm still running the latest stable version of MP (V0.2.2.0). Could that be the problem??
I reinstalled the old version and everything works again, but I would love to use the multiplayer function.

Any help is appreciated

Did you put the appropriate skin file in the folder of the skin you use? If so and it still isnt working, post your MediaPortal.log and I'll take a look and see what's happening.

Edit: When I say the appropriate skin file I mean the NEW skin file. The old skin file didn't have all of the new labels for the second player.

Gaper01

Portal Member
June 17, 2007
Netherlands
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi,

Any help is appreciated

Did you put the appropriate skin file in the folder of the skin you use? If so and it still isnt working, post your MediaPortal.log and I'll take a look and see what's happening.

Edit: When I say the appropriate skin file I mean the NEW skin file. The old skin file didn't have all of the new labels for the second player.
Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I indeed copied the new skin files over to the correct locations skin locations and copied the dll file to the plugins/windows folder. I tried it again and still have the same problem.

Anyway I enclosed the Mediaportal.log file.
As far as I can see it indeed contains some errors concerning Music Trivia but it is abracadabra to me. I hope it's not to you. Hope you can help me:D

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I indeed copied the new skin files over to the correct locations skin locations and copied the dll file to the plugins/windows folder. I tried it again and still have the same problem.

Anyway I enclosed the Mediaportal.log file.
As far as I can see it indeed contains some errors concerning Music Trivia but it is abracadabra to me. I hope it's not to you. Hope you can help me:D

Looks like it doesn't work with that version of MP. It shouldn't be too hard to fix. I'll recompile a version for you tonight or tommorow.

cedric

Portal Pro
October 28, 2006
Lausanne
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Hello,

Thank you very much for the two players mode.

But when we play with the mode "2 players at the same time" (I don't know the english name). When we try a wrong answer, the answer disappears (It's ok), but the last answers go up.
The problem is the number of the answer change during the game.

Could you hide the answer but not push up the last answers? (Answer 4 stays answer 4 until the end)

I think it's the same problem for the others mode, but "2 players at the same time" is funier

Cédric

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
Hello,

Thank you very much for the two players mode.

But when we play with the mode "2 players at the same time" (I don't know the english name). When we try a wrong answer, the answer disappears (It's ok), but the last answers go up.
The problem is the number of the answer change during the game.

Could you hide the answer but not push up the last answers? (Answer 4 stays answer 4 until the end)

I think it's the same problem for the others mode, but "2 players at the same time" is funier

Cédric

Yea, I didn't really consider that. I'm thinking the best way to handle that would be for me to hide the labels/thumb of the incorrect answer. I have no control over the listitem "moving up", MP does that on its own when you remove an item. It's not really an issue for the other game modes, just simultaneous.

I'm hoping that once the ::sceneIT game for xboox:: comes out that the controllers could be "used" for games on the HTPC platform!

I hadn't seen that, but those would be perfect for a game like this and perhaps in the future a full fledged trivia plugin (I still want to see that happen).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom