Music Trivia (2 Viewers)

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm having some problems with genre restriction. The GetSongsByGenre function doesn't work like it used to (and doesn't seem to want to work at all for me now). If anyone has any idea why please see here:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/music_database_problems-t29272.html
Everything else is working fine.

Thanks to rtv this is now fixed. It's not in SVN yet, so I'll post the new version as soon as it's committed.

karlake

Portal Pro
October 1, 2006
Borås
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Gave it a try but

In MPinstall, i've checked all the skin boxes but it did not work.
Xface skin dir is missing a lot of files.
error in mpinstall or the musictrivia.487.mpi file, I don't know.

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
There is no skin file for xface. You'll need to copy the blue2 skin files over to the xface directory.

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
Wasn't that the point of mpinstaller, that you should not have to mess around with that.

While I do understand your point, there's not much I can really do about it. In my opinion, the MPI installer should copy the skin file to all skin's directories unless another version already exists. In the event that a skin file does exist already (for example, Revision has it's own skin file for Music Trivia), it should ask you what to do. I would have to add the same skin file multiple times - one for every skin that exists or at least is still being used - to make it work "out of the box". Building these mpi packages isn't exactly the most flexible process in that respect.

You've got a very good point, though and you should probably let dukus know about it in the mpi forum.

dukus

Portal Pro
January 20, 2006
Home Country
Romania Romania
Wasn't that the point of mpinstaller, that you should not have to mess around with that.

While I do understand your point, there's not much I can really do about it. In my opinion, the MPI installer should copy the skin file to all skin's directories unless another version already exists. In the event that a skin file does exist already (for example, Revision has it's own skin file for Music Trivia), it should ask you what to do. I would have to add the same skin file multiple times - one for every skin that exists or at least is still being used - to make it work "out of the box". Building these mpi packages isn't exactly the most flexible process in that respect.

You've got a very good point, though and you should probably let dukus know about it in the mpi forum.

This is implemented in MPInstaller, for work you need to check the files what are default skin files (like BlueTwo skin files) Advanced Properties->DefaultFile set to true.

When install only appear the intalled skins to prevent creation a lot of dirs.

jburnette : Try to use in repository same name and version like you specified in package, this for work the automatic update.

:D

If somebody have some suggestion, let me know send me a PM or start a new Thread, i try to help .

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
This is implemented in MPInstaller, for work you need to check the files what are default skin files (like BlueTwo skin files) Advanced Properties->DefaultFile set to true.

When install only appear the intalled skins to prevent creation a lot of dirs.

jburnette : Try to use in repository same name and version like you specified in package, this for work the automatic update.

:D

If somebody have some suggestion, let me know send me a PM or start a new Thread, i try to help .

Well, I stand totally corrected. I was not aware of that option, but it looks like you're one step ahead of me.

I also didn't realize that auto-update was working, but I will correct that error from here on out.

dukus

Portal Pro
January 20, 2006
Home Country
Romania Romania
I made a mistake it is wrong "automatic update", it is only "Update" you need to pres the <Check for Updates>, but should work.
:sorry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom