Music Trivia (2 Viewers)

Gaper01

Portal Member
June 17, 2007
Netherlands
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi,

I haven't seen a new version yet, guess you're to bussy:)
Anyway today I decide to upgrade to 0.2.3.0 RC2 with the latest SVN and everything is working now so you won't have to recompile a new version especially for me.
I love the 2 player option and especially the genre selection.

Keep up the good work!
:D

Gaper01

Portal Member
June 17, 2007
Netherlands
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Today I updated to svn revision 16029 (09-25-2007). Now when entering mediaportal configuration, an error message appears twice saying "An error occurred while loading the plugin MusicTrivia.class1. It's incompatible with the current MediaPortal version and won't be loaded."

Is this something that can easily be fixed?

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Sorry, I looked at recompiling for older versions but never actually did it. Good to hear you've got it (well, had it) working now. I'm not sure what the problem/changes with the newer SVN is, but I'll look into it. Any chance you can post a screenshot or copy/paste the text from the error message?

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
Ok, I've found the problem.

22/09/2007 [19:47h] rtv added: made music database a singleton. Plugin authors need to query its Instance instead of creating a new MusicDatabase object!

I've got a version that works now with SVN, but I'm having trouble finding where the GetGenres function was moved. Without that, genre restriction won't work. I should be able to work this out in the next day or so, but if rtv or anyone else can possibly shed a little light on where that went, that might speed things up a bit.

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
Waiting patiently in anticipation...

:p Yeah, I was waiting on the music database to kind of stabilize which it has now. The getgenres function was removed, but thanks to hwarahan it is now added back. I'm just getting everything working again from all of the changes that were made to how the database works, should be later today/tommorow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom