MusicPlayer does not play next song (1 Viewer)

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Finally i was able to test the streams.

The problem is that the player, WMP in this case, does never indicate an end of the stream, so we can't start the next stream.
    unfortunately i don't see a workaround for that. sory.

dsmp

Portal Member
    October 6, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Well, thanks, then we need to wait, no xmas playlist.....:(
    Thanks for taking time to check it.

Thanks!:D

z3r0_burn

Portal Member
    December 8, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN, USA
    Home Country
    Tried new core.dll but no luck

Hi, This is my first post so be gentle please.
    I am having issues with MP not responding to the remote when using My Music. I try to get it to shuffle the playlist but the system does not respond. I tried to skip to the next track and nothing. I would fast-forward to the end of the song and see if it would go to the next but no luck. I replaced the core.dll with the one in this thread but all that allows me to do now is use the next button to move to another track. all the other issues still remain. I even tried changing from the internal player to the BASS player but the same issues remain. Is there anything I can do?

I attached the .zip from watchdog after loading MP, going to My Music, adding a folder to the current playlist, started to play a song, tried to skip to the next, tried selecting Shuffle, tried fast-forwarding etc. Hope this helps.

PS I also have no ability to have the playlists in My Videos progress from one to the next. I am forced to select 1 episode to play then when it finishes go to the next manually. I don't know if that;s related or not.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    well at the moment you get an exception, because the Core.dll you updated, dos not 100% match to the whole system.
    please restore the original RC4 version and give it a try again.

i need to see the logs from a clean version.

Rayures

Portal Pro
    October 8, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    experienced the same issue as others (not going to next track and couldn't select other track if one was playing),
    therefore, thanks for the update on core.dll,

z3r0_burn

Portal Member
    December 8, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN, USA
    Home Country
    I went back to the RC4 version of core.dll (0.9.4.31350) and have no control over my music now. It starts playing the first track and stops when it reaches the end of it. I am not able to shuffle, skip, fast-forward or anything. I have less control then I did when I used the replacement core.dll (0.9.4.23254). I have attached the logs from Watchdog again for you

Thanks for your help!

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    you have some mix. it looks lik you are usin a newer version of Database.dll, which is not compatible with the rest.
    Please try th SVN Snapshot from here.
    This should include already my fixed core.dll

z3r0_burn

Portal Member
    December 8, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN, USA
    Home Country
    I tried the SVN, a little unsure of running "the cutting edge" stuff, but it seems to be working for me now. I am able to skip around in the video and music playlists. Now I just have to test all my other functions to make sure nothing got botched that worked before.

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP hwahrmann! YOUR THE BEST!!!!!

OK, So maybe I spoke to soon... I tried to let the videos go from one to the next and have a major issue with MP after it starts loading the next file. The screen goes blank for a few seconds then loads one frame every 5-10 seconds. It is not moving from one video to the next in the playlist. I have no issues with fast-forward, skip, shuffle or any other function in the music section now just with ending one video and starting the next. This issue happens when i manually select skip or wait for the end of the file and try to let the system automatically load the next file in the playlist. Sorry not on my MP system so I don't have logs, I will upload them later.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Please start a new thread for that in the video section, since this is no longer related to Music anymore.
    i might not be able to help you with Video issues at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom