Mustayaluca - A blended MP Skin [RELEASED] (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Re: Mustayaluca - A blended MP Skin

Omg, not the resolution discussion? Haven´t we been over this again and again and again? We should rename the "skins" forums to "resolution" forums.(...)
    Be very carefull of what you ask for! :D

Sersiously, I agree that we don't need to discuss it over and over. Perhaps a (dedicated) thread for discusing skin-resolutions (pro vs cons) would be nice.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

I'm much looking forward to this skin, but I'm not really a fan of Basic Home menus with in the middle like that, so I made this sketch of how I would like to see a Basic Home for it. The font in my sketch is called "Featured Item": Featured Item Font | dafont.com

Emph

Attachments

• skin.jpg
      skin.jpg
      246.8 KB

el_gato

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Mustayaluca - A blended MP Skin

I'm much looking forward to this skin, but I'm not really a fan of Basic Home menus with in the middle like that, so I made this sketch of how I would like to see a Basic Home for it. The font in my sketch is called "Featured Item": Featured Item Font | dafont.com

Emph

looks nice, like the wallpaper alot. nice colors... maybe clean the dust off the guitar with photoshop and it would be perfect ;)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

I went back and looked at original pics, and I prefer original screenshot. I think concept is good though.

I must say though, I really like the look of this skin and the look of the Maya skin, altho they are quite different.

juro

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Mustayaluca - A blended MP Skin

Hi togehther,

very design orientated skin! Looks very nice! When a first release is available?

Regards
    JuRo

Stor-Anders

Portal Member
    August 15, 2005

No news here?

The skin really looks good. A perfect blend of great ideas. A tip or rather a wish: please use rather small fonts or large dialog boxes. I really dislike skins where a song/movie title needs to scroll all the time. A really scary example is in several skins in Moving Pictures where infotext, actors names and movie name scroll all the time. Text scrolls both horizontally and vertically in the same window. Very hard to read.

Happy skinning!

macardi

Portal Member
    January 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi all,

The first post have been updated with a download link!

As I said before, the skin is not complete. There is some work that needs to be done in order to make it complete and user friendly. One or two bugs have to be addressed for sure. The home menu behaves a little bit strange when returning to the home screen and when triggering the submenu for instance.

It would be great if someone decides to take on further development or perhaps if a few fellows decides to team-up. If so, I hope that the overall concept and feeling of the skin is kept one way or the other. When it comes to my own part in further development, I will probably continue to do some work from time to time and if I come up with something worth sharing I will do so.

Hope you enjoy,

Cheers Macardi

Omen

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    you rock macardi, i'm downloading it now and you can bet that the first thing i do when i get back home from work is installing this baby. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom