mrbonsen

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • December 6, 2008
    Brensbach (HE) ehemals Görlitz
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    But I don’t understand it, so for me it is very time-consuming and expensive, especially since I almost never use this plugin.

it's okay, you can't know and create everything. was just an idea of mine.
    you are already very active here in the forum, thanks! (y)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    mvCentral only manages its property #mvCentral.Play.Started, sets its value to true or false. Everything else is done by the Media Portal. Perhaps this somehow depends on the playback method (MadVr or ...) or something else.

Guess MediaPortal introduced a giant skin bug then, because it worked fine on 1.21 a while ago, and then somewhere along the line it broke.

Found out last-night that even though I only edited "mvCentral.PlayStart.xml" I still had <visibility>true</visibility>, and pausing in Moving-Pictures caused the Playing-Now info box to overlap. There is clearly a lot of skin overlap going on, but I have no idea how that engine works so for now I'll live with the rapid flash on the info-box inside mvCentral until I can figure out a time to properly debug that, or find a skin expert to help me :rolleyes:

mrbonsen

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • December 6, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have read several times and do not understand (google translator) :sleep:. can you take a screenshot?
    the fault with every skin?

EDIT:
    mvCentral.PlayStart.xml
    <!--
    **************************************************************************************
    This file is an import to videoFullScreen.xml
    **************************************************************************************
    NOTE: * DO NOT USE WindowOpen/WindowClose Animation Types in videoFullScreen.xml *
    take it out (test) and enter it in the mvcentral.xml as "import"

does not work, notice also that there is an error (n) something is not right ... not used mvcentral for some time and only now noticed

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I have read several times and do not understand (google translator) :sleep:. can you take a screenshot?
    the fault with every skin?

My German sucks as well, so don't worry about it. Long story short, the info-box that pops up for 5-seconds by default in mvCentral to give you a quick summary of what the next song that got launched to play is about, which is awesome when you got a random playlist going, stopped working for me.

Don't know enough about the skin-engine to find out where it is failing for me, because I do rely on a modified Child-theme of Titan, but none of the mvCentral skin files have been modified.

It's not critical enough to worry about, but I've been using COVID-19 to clean up house, and this includes any errors or gripes I got with MediaPortal :cool:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    mvCentral.PlayStart.xml
    This file should include/import in videoFullScreen.xml, in mvCentral should turn on option for show Info when new video played, and time how long this show ...
    because I do rely on a modified Child-theme of Titan, but none of the mvCentral skin files have been modified.
    I updated the Titan, maybe something broke, does it work in another skin? Or only in Titan?

mrbonsen

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • December 6, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This file should include/import in videoFullScreen.xml, in mvCentral should turn on option for show Info when new video played, and time how long this show ...
    set in the mp config under the plugin mvcentral. ;)
    streamedmp doesn't work either, defaultwideHD is not implemented because there is no mvCentral.PlayStart.xml in the skin. TitanExtended does not work too.
    suspect mp problem, I test old mp version with identical skin and plugins, because it worked sometime

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    In 1.24 and in 1.25Pre this included to Titan, titan extended deprecated ...

--
    WBR, ajs :):whistle::coffee:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Guess MediaPortal introduced a giant skin bug then, because it worked fine on 1.21 a while ago, and then somewhere along the line it broke.
    I try run mvCentral on my HTPC, start play video, wait for video changes and i see Current Video info on start new video playing, but on my mvCentral settings (show time set by default 3 sec) and i set Windows 10 FCU fix, than info visible 1-2 sec ... need increase and check ...

PS: I use Titan skin...

mrbonsen

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • December 6, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I also tested mp version up to 1.2 (clean) on windows 10. sometimes popup comes for 1 sec, sometimes it doesn't.
    when jumping (at the beginning) video, the popup also appears sporadically. No idea what's going on

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom