mvCentral 1.0.8.XXX by ajs (2 Viewers)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    At least I'm glad to see it is not just my system experiencing the issue, but tracing it down will be a pain in the ass I'm sure.

I'll try to find time to get a reproducible scenario, but I have to balance it between trying to use MediaPortal to watch media as well :rolleyes:

Helped damienh fix a NullException crash in Trakt plugin, so that was a success at least. Seems I'm always running into fringe cases that reveal underlying code-issues. Somehow my movies.json cached file got corrupted and Trakt plugin wasn't anticipating bad input, so it crashed. The mvCentral info-box not showing is the least of my worries, because I'm still dealing with DirectX crashing at random "once". It causes screen to go checker-field, or a giant section goes purple, and then MediaPortal automatically restarts (without watchdog active mind ya), and then I never see the issue happen again (until next time I power HTPC). Probably related to my AtmoLight software running without it being hooked up, or maybe Windows needs a reinstall, or hardware is failing, but it doesn't explain why it stays stable for days after that first auto-crash-restart, until I power HTPC off again.

Plex, Emby, or Kodi have their own issues, so I'm sticking with MediaPortal regardless, but I would like to return to that blissful time when for years I never had any issues with MediaPortal :whistle:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @ajs, lol did you forget all the screenshots shared on MePo splashscreen bug that I'm on 1.25 Pre for a while now :cool:

Might need to send you a few more cups of :coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee: :whistle::)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I worked 12 hours, I go home in a trolley through the whole quarantined city, I dream of dinner and a bottle of wine, so it’s better to replace coffee with wine, and I'm ready to run to the post office for the parcel :)

--
    WBR, ajs :):whistle::coffee:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Just wake me up when this pandemic nightmare is over, and I'm sure there's some reasonably priced wine that you can get local that I can help with. Could be worse, you could be on the East side in the conflict area, but maybe they get free Vodka to stay home :censored:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    reasonably priced wine
    There are no problems with this, from $1.8 and above, for every taste, color and sweetness. :) But the whiskey has risen in price, which is a little upsetting. But a great selection of beer under the house, more than 100 varieties, for every taste. :whistle::)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    You live above a bar?
    The bar is closed, but he is also not far away, but there is a store that sells only beer, imported, local, craft, etc. I’m not sure if there is such a store format anywhere else besides us, but I haven’t seen this in other countries.
    1588086035139.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom