mvCentral - Music Videos Plugin (Stable) (6 Viewers)

Joe Pizza

Portal Member
July 5, 2011
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I hope that this is the right place for my question. I really love the plugin but I have a problem. I have all music dvd's instead of seperated music files. Now it import just fine but I cant skip between the songs. When I do that then he returns to the beginning. I tried it in Moving Pictures and there it works just fine. IS there a setting which I need to turn on/off?

Thnx for the great work,
Joe

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi Joe,

You seem to have found a bug, well missing feature maybe. Though the pluging will work with DVD's the code is not fully DVD aware so in this case treats a skip and a whole track skip, current the whole DVD is considered a track so by rights it should jump to the next DVD in the playlist but I assume you only one in a playlist so it just restarts playing it.

I am currently working on DVD's again though I was going to drop the split into chapters part as can't make the player play a chapter it just seems to play the whole thing.

I will make sure I address this problem for the next release which I hope will be 3/4 weeks away with luck.

Thanks

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Feature request(s) to make your life more complicated trevor :D

1. Track ratings

Rate a track 1-5 by pressing 1-5 key while the video is playing and while a video is highlighted in the browse mode.

2. Video Jockey mode

Creates an automatic playlist and starts playing the list

The GUI options for the user to select in video jockey mode would be
    • Play Favourite videos
      Would create playlist and play all 5 star tracks then 4 star tracks then 3 star tracks etc, each sublevel would be randomised, ie a random list of 5 star tracks followed by random list of 4 star tracks etc.
    • Play Recent videos
      Would create playlist and play videos in order based on data added to database, recent first
    • Play Random videos
      This would just create a play list of random videos
    • Smart playlist
      see below
    Under mvcentral config the user can set the number of videos to be played in video jockey mode. Ie. when choosing favourite videos the playlist will have [...] # of entries.

3. Smart playlist

The playlist uses userdefined settings to decide what tracks to choose based on weighting and randomisation. The user would have the following options with check boxes in MVCentral configuration

[X] Give preference to videos that have a higher user rating
    [X] Skip videos that have a rating of [....] or less
    [X] Give preference to videos that havn't been played in [...] # of days
    [X] Give preference to new videos

If you were interested in making this add on, I could design a mathematical method of creating the smart playlist using the above weightings + randomisation.

Last edited:

Joe Pizza

Portal Member
    July 5, 2011
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Trevor,

Thanks for the quick reaction. I tried multiple dvd's and they all go back to the beginning. I also tried with .mkv file and it's the same. I really hope you can work it out I think a lot of people enjoy whole concerts. You make me and a lot of friends (also mediaportal users, I infected them :) ) very happy. If you need someone to test i'm more then pleased to help you.

And now i'm still typing I have another small request. Is it possible when the dvd function works that we can see the info for the dvd. Now it's only working with single songs.

Goodluck with all,
    Sincerely,
    Joe

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Feature request(s) to make your life more complicated trevor :D

1. Track ratings

Rate a track 1-5 by pressing 1-5 key while the video is playing and while a video is highlighted in the browse mode.

2. Video Jockey mode

Creates an automatic playlist and starts playing the list

The GUI options for the user to select in video jockey mode would be
    • Play Favourite videos
      Would create playlist and play all 5 star tracks then 4 star tracks then 3 star tracks etc, each sublevel would be randomised, ie a random list of 5 star tracks followed by random list of 4 star tracks etc.
    • Play Recent videos
      Would create playlist and play videos in order based on data added to database, recent first
    • Play Random videos
      This would just create a play list of random videos
    • Smart playlist
      see below
    Under mvcentral config the user can set the number of videos to be played in video jockey mode. Ie. when choosing favourite videos the playlist will have [...] # of entries.

3. Smart playlist

The playlist uses userdefined settings to decide what tracks to choose based on weighting and randomisation. The user would have the following options with check boxes in MVCentral configuration

[X] Give preference to videos that have a higher user rating
    [X] Skip videos that have a rating of [....] or less
    [X] Give preference to videos that havn't been played in [...] # of days
    [X] Give preference to new videos

If you were interested in making this add on, I could design a mathematical method of creating the smart playlist using the above weightings + randomisation.

Hey Kiwi, most of the stuff u are asking for is already working great. Smart Playlist and the items on the Video Jocky list..... they are most all already in place using the hidden menu you can already:

Change Layout
    Change Views
    Chage Sorting
    Play All song Random
    Smartlist options (here si where u play favorites or most rcent)
    Playlist
    Stats
    Configure Genres
    Search
    and YTFM hook

Hope this helps

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Trevor,

first, there is a new look of the allmusic.com. Since this change was activated the scraper doesn't work at all.

Second, there is still the problem with the albums (see last two capitals of https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...deos-plugin-stable.101640/page-24#post-849927).

Ciao
    rbo.

Hi rbo,

Aware of the allmusic issue, the problem is it uses core MP code for the scraping part - I did think this may cause me an issue if allmusic changed and did consider adding local code, wish I had now.

The devs are looking at it but it may be a while seeing has how much else is going on - I will most likley do a local scraper but that may take me a weeks or so.

I will have another look at the sort problems.

Thx

mrbonsen

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • December 6, 2008
    Brensbach (HE) ehemals Görlitz
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi trevor and team
    long time no feedback from me, but always uptodate. Now you get one - plugin completely up to the last version without errors. wonderful work! (y)

'm not sure whether the editor, tree "library" this option has been integrated. color representation of the artist when a missing thumb?
    artist or album or track

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom