mVids - Music Video Database (2 Viewers)

classico

Portal Pro
July 27, 2005
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Videos does not play on client

Hi,

Thanks for a nice application.

It works perfectly on my Media Portal Server, but when I click on a musicvideo on my client in mvids it does't open. I get an error in my log saying:

2008-09-07 11:32:27.234375 [ERROR][MPMain]: No translation found for id 106623

Hope someone can help me :)

Jesper

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi,

Thanks for a nice application.

It works perfectly on my Media Portal Server, but when I click on a musicvideo on my client in mvids it does't open. I get an error in my log saying:

2008-09-07 11:32:27.234375 [ERROR][MPMain]: No translation found for id 106623

Hope someone can help me :)

Jesper

That error is just because there are no language translations for this plugin. It looks like it's just not playing them because of an error with VobSub. Here's where MediaPortal skips the track itself:

2008-09-07 11:32:13.718750 [Info.][MPMain]: VideoPlayerVMR9: could not connect Vobsub's input video pin...
2008-09-07 11:32:13.718750 [Info.][MPMain]: player:ended
2008-09-07 11:32:13.718750 [Info.][MPMain]: VideoPlayer9:cleanup DShow graph
2008-09-07 11:32:13.718750 [Info.][MPMain]: state:confused:topped 0
2008-09-07 11:32:13.718750 [Debug][MPMain]: VMR9: Dispose
2008-09-07 11:32:13.734375 [Info.][MPMain]: VideoPlayerVMR9: Disabling DX9 exclusive mode
2008-09-07 11:32:13.734375 [Info.][MPMain]: Main: Received DX exclusive mode switch message. Fullscreen && maximized == False
2008-09-07 11:32:13.734375 [Debug][MPMain]: Main: Goto windowed mode: False
2008-09-07 11:32:13.734375 [Debug][MPMain]: D3D: Switch to windowed mode - Playing media: False
2008-09-07 11:32:13.812500 [Debug][MPMain]: D3D: Switched to windowed mode successfully
2008-09-07 11:32:13.812500 [Info.][MPMain]: fonts.SetDevice()
2008-09-07 11:32:13.875000 [Info.][MPMain]: PlaylistPlayer: *** unable to play - \\Jesper\d\media\musikvideo\justice-d.a.n.c.e._(rock_werchter_festival_2008)-x264-2008-nawak.mkv - skipping track!

Do you know if these same files will play from My Videos?

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Thanks for this :D

I am creating my database with local Afrikaans music. Not all artists are found, which is understandable and acceptable.
    However, when I skip an artist during the scan, it looks like it is actually using the previous artist.
    13:38:17: Determining duration of \\sitkamer\Data2 (F)\Musiek Videos en DVDs\KykNet\Kurt Darren - Se Net Ja.avi
    13:38:17: Added (song) Kurt Darren - Se Net Ja
    13:39:16: Determining duration of \\sitkamer\Data2 (F)\Musiek Videos en DVDs\KykNet\Leani May - Vergeet My Nie.avi
    13:39:16: Added (song) Kurt Darren - Vergeet My Nie
    The song "Vergeet my nie" is performed by "Leani May" and NOT by "Kurt Darren".

Darre

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Thanks for this :D

I am creating my database with local Afrikaans music. Not all artists are found, which is understandable and acceptable.
    However, when I skip an artist during the scan, it looks like it is actually using the previous artist.
    13:38:17: Determining duration of \\sitkamer\Data2 (F)\Musiek Videos en DVDs\KykNet\Kurt Darren - Se Net Ja.avi
    13:39:16: Determining duration of \\sitkamer\Data2 (F)\Musiek Videos en DVDs\KykNet\Leani May - Vergeet My Nie.avi

I have the same problem.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country

Just some more information:
    Seems like it only happens when I "Enter a different name", then OK, then Skip.

jburnette

Portal Pro
    August 24, 2006
    Kentucky
    Home Country
    Darre & rekenaar,

There was a bug in the scanning system that would do this when you skipped an artist. I've since fixed it, so hold out just a day or two more for the next version.

rekenaar,

This new version also uses last.fm now instead of allmusic, so that should solve the problem of artists not being found. They're coverage is MUCH greater than allmusic. I've found that they have a lot of the more obscure artists that I have.

jiggsaw

Portal Member
    July 21, 2008
    Darre & rekenaar,

There was a bug in the scanning system that would do this when you skipped an artist. I've since fixed it, so hold out just a day or two more for the next version.

rekenaar,

This new version also uses last.fm now instead of allmusic, so that should solve the problem of artists not being found. They're coverage is MUCH greater than allmusic. I've found that they have a lot of the more obscure artists that I have.

Was it not possible to have an option to use allmusic and/or last.fm?

classico

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Now it works perfectly

Hi,

I have not changed anything, but now the plug-in works perfectly on the client, so it was properly not your plug-in that caused the fault.

Like your plug-in a lot :)

Best regards,
    Jesper

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Maybe this is also fixed on your side:
    If I manually add three files of the same artist to the database, I end up with three same artist entries in the artist-view in MP in stead of one artist group with three songs. If I enter any one of the three artists, I can see the three songs.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      13.8 KB
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      12.6 KB

jburnette

Portal Pro
    August 24, 2006
    Kentucky
    Home Country
    Maybe this is also fixed on your side:
    If I manually add three files of the same artist to the database, I end up with three same artist entries in the artist-view in MP in stead of one artist group with three songs. If I enter any one of the three artists, I can see the three songs.

That's a bug. What you can do right now is add your artist then, if you have more files for that artist that you need to add, close the manual add box and reopen it. You should see it then available in the drop down box.

It's fixed now so that you can't add duplicate artists.

Was it not possible to have an option to use allmusic and/or last.fm?

Sorry, not really. Allmusic didn't give any kind of unique identifier for each artist. That was one of the biggest problems with it. That's the reason why you aren't able to change the Artists name, because future scans would readd that artist as a new artist with the original name. Artists are now tracked internally by their last.fm name which would require a second lookup to get if you used allmusic's information. The new last.fm grabber is much faster and much better at automatically matching up artists.

Hi,

I have not changed anything, but now the plug-in works perfectly on the client, so it was properly not your plug-in that caused the fault.

Like your plug-in a lot :)

Best regards,
    Jesper

Good to hear it's working for you now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom