My Anime 2 (2 Viewers)

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hello, im having difficulties lately using this plugin,
i got an enormous collection counting well over 200 animeseries and it has become increasinly difficult to use this fabulous plugin, its unusuable now since i actually cant use MP when it is enabled.

Hi, I have a similar amount of series as KwizatZ and never really had an issue when I was running MA2.

But that will depend on the speed of your HTPC as well. And whether you are running MP on the same PC/drives as your anime collection.

As KwizatZ said, first try un-checking the Run On Import setting.

There probably won't be any more changes to MA2 now, as I am focusing on MA3 and JMM.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hello, im having difficulties lately using this plugin,
    i got an enormous collection counting well over 200 animeseries and it has become increasinly difficult to use this fabulous plugin, its unusuable now since i actually cant use MP when it is enabled.

the problem: scanning the whole collection when MP starts, or just a resource-hunry database, im not sure which one it is exactly.
    When starting mediaportal the system is so slow because of anime-plugin that it almost hangs, whilst it doesnt with the anime-plugin disabled. the tv-series-plugin causes a similar problem, but still isnt as resource-hungry whilst scanning. also a handy feuture of the tv-series plugin is that you can disable the scanning on start-up, instead you can choose how many hours there has to be between 2 scans, in my case i set 72 hours.

my question: would it be possible to add the option to scan during a user-set time in a user-set number of days (so, for example, at 2am every 4 days) and thus disabling the scanning at start-up, and would this option actually lighten the load?

I had this problem once when I have put all episodes of Naruto in one folder - led to timeout ... I don't know how you organize your collection but a basic (at least for me) is to break it down at least to series and a max of 50 Episodes in a folder. But that's only my experiance.

pmwolf

Portal Pro
    July 30, 2010
    All

i need some advice from users who have multiple media centers running my anime2 on a single network

Currently I have a single media center but in the next few weeks I will be adding a second media center to my network and will want to set up My Anime2 on it as well. I am wondering what is the best/easiest way to set up the second unit.

The only options I have come up with are as follows

1) Set up a new instance of My Anime2 with a second anidb.net account
    2) Copy over the DB file from my current set up with the same configuration

i am censured that doing option 2 could result in a problem with anidb because both will be updating when I add new videos to my collection

If anyone has a better idea please let me know

Thanks all

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    All I need some advice from users who have multiple media centers running my anime2 on a single network

Currently I have a single media center but in the next few weeks I will be adding a second media center to my network and will want to set up My Anime2 on it as well. I am wondering what is the best/easiest way to set up the second unit.

If you decide to copy the database over, the files will need to have the same location.
    If you had them as network shares this should work fine.

I'm not sure if you will get banned if you are calling the AniDB API from the same IP address though.

In your situation you could be better off trying MyAnime3/JMM instead, since this is the type of scenario it was intended for.
    It is still in ALPHA, but I think it is pretty stable.

http://code.google.com/p/jmm/
    http://jmmanager.wordpress.com/support/installation-and-setup-2/

Maybe try importing a small part of your collection, and testing it out to see if it meets your needs.

pmwolf

Portal Pro
    July 30, 2010
    Iwerndly

I have been testing out MyAnime3/JMM on my test system but don't fill like using it on my production systems yet. By the way I like what I am seeing with it so far.

I think for now I will just copy over the DB file, all of my videos are on a network share so that will not be a problem for me

pmwolf

Portal Pro
    July 30, 2010
    Iwerndly
    I do have a question about JMM. Is there an easy way to import the database from my anime2 into it. I have tried using MyAnime2 Migration in the JMM server but it did not do anything. It would be nice if there was a way to do this.

Thanks

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Iwerndly
    I do have a question about JMM. Is there an easy way to import the database from my anime2 into it. I have tried using MyAnime2 Migration in the JMM server but it did not do anything. It would be nice if there was a way to do this.

Thanks

No you can't import. Too much has changed in the database schema to do this properly.

The MyAnime2 migration utility only brings across any manual links between files and episodes that you did in MA2.

pmwolf

Portal Pro
    July 30, 2010
    Ok good to know.
    Just as an FYI I have tried both the MYSQL database back-end and the SQL Server back-end and it seemed to me that the SQL Server back-end is a lot faster in doing the initial import then the MYSQL server was.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yeah SQL Server is much faster than MySQL and both are much faster than sqlite.

After the initial import MySQL is comparable to SQL Server in day to day use.

I have a few optimisations to do yet on both the database and code sides yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom