My Anime 2 (1 Viewer)

BeeJay

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2007
    Casa del Bristow-Stagg
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey lwerndly, have been a long time MyAnime user and have just shifted to JMM and really excited by what I'm seeing. Problem I am having is with constant AniDB Ban's whilst importing my collection. After looking through the AniDB UDP API wiki I found this nugget:
    Connection Problems

There are many ways for a client to end up banned or the API might currently be handling too many concurrent connections. If a client does not get any reply to an AUTH command it should start to increase the retry delay exponentially with every failed login attempt. (i.e. try again after 30 seconds if the first login attempt failed, if the second fails too retry after 2 minutes, then 5 minutes, then 10 minutes, then 30 minutes, ... until you reach a retry delay of ~2-4h.)

and...

Flood Protection

To prevent high server load the UDP API server enforces a strict flood protection policy.
    • Short Term:
      • A Client MUST NOT send more than 0.5 packets per second (that's one packet every two seconds, not two packets a second!)
      • The server will start to enforce the limit after the first 5 packets have been received.
    • Long Term:
      • A Client MUST NOT send more than one packet every four seconds over an extended amount of time.
      • An extended amount of time is not defined. Use common sense.
    Once a client exceeds a rate limit all further UDP packets from that client will be dropped without feedback until the client's packet rate is back down to acceptable levels.

Pretty sure you're well across this but it's going to be pretty hard going if we're constantly getting bans from AniDB when importing our collections. This may not be an issue later on as we'll only be doing the occasional call for new eps, but it's quite painful during the initial call. Understand JMM is still Alpha which is why I'm trying to make this as detailed and constructive as possible.

Does JMM have an auto-delay function once it's been banned? Or should I raise this as an issue on google code?

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey lwerndly, have been a long time MyAnime user and have just shifted to JMM and really excited by what I'm seeing. Problem I am having is with constant AniDB Ban's whilst importing my collection.

Does JMM have an auto-delay function once it's been banned? Or should I raise this as an issue on google code?

Hi, just to clarify that you have the latest version? I had a bug causing bans, which I fixed a couple of weeks ago.
    Are you able to tell whether the ban is a UDP or HTTP ban.
    You can test this by trying the following URL

http://api.anidb.net:9001/httpapi?client=animeplugin&clientver=1&protover=1&request=anime&aid=101

If you are willing to send me your logs I will PM you my email address.
    You can also change the following line in your JMM Server log from
    <logger name="*" minlevel="Info" writeTo="file" />
    to
    <logger name="*" minlevel="Trace" writeTo="file" />

This will give me more info the next time you are banned.
    I did a medium size import last night of 115 series and 2000 files without any ban problems.
    How much had you done?

Yes JMM has an auto delay function of 6 hours if you get banned

BeeJay

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2007
    Casa del Bristow-Stagg
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I only installed yesterday and JMM Desktop and Server report they are the latest version: JMM Desktop/Server 3.0.41.0

Using the link I get some XML back:

Code:
    <anime id="101" restricted="false">
    <type>TV Series</type>
    <episodecount>12</episodecount>
    <startdate>1998-04-07</startdate>
    <enddate>1998-06-30</enddate>

I assume you meant make the changes to "jmmserver.exe.config" for changing the logs? Have made those changes now and happy to send logs.

I currently have 2500 items sitting in my queue now and after a reset things __Seem__ to be going OK but will post more soon.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Ok thanks, looks like you are un-banned for now.
    Yes that is the correct config file
    Thanks for helping out.

BeeJay

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2007
    Casa del Bristow-Stagg
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I also noted in the UDP API Wiki it mentioned about NAT so have set up a direct port forward on UDP Port 4555 (same as is set in JMM Server) direct from the router to the box. Not sure if this will contribute to the issue. Server/Desktop and MP are all running of the one box at the moment (and probably will since I'm using FreeNAS for storage, though might put the database on the NAS)

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I also noted in the UDP API Wiki it mentioned about NAT so have set up a direct port forward on UDP Port 4555 (same as is set in JMM Server) direct from the router to the box. Not sure if this will contribute to the issue. Server/Desktop and MP are all running of the one box at the moment (and probably will since I'm using FreeNAS for storage, though might put the database on the NAS)

JMM Server is the only one that actually connects to AniDB.
    If you have MyAnime2 running, you should disable that

BeeJay

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2007
    Casa del Bristow-Stagg
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    OK well after all that it looks like I just had my password incorrect. JMM Server is now happily processing my collection but I have noticed that the General Queue, instead of going down, is going up. I only have around 1900 files and yet my queue is now 3564 and rising. Is this due to after getting a series it then queues other elements for download?

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yup that is exactly right

For each file you add or series you add you will probably add another command for
    - add file to mylist (or check status)
    - get group status for a series
    - add series/file to trakt etc
    - sync series to MAL

The commands which are important to view your collection are given higher priority though

BeeJay

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2007
    Casa del Bristow-Stagg
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    In MyAnime2 I could add a Series from the Calendar without having any episodes, cant seem to find that. Can u re-add this to MA3. Very handy for tagging future series to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom