lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
atlon said:
Amm I dont see de Run Import menu item,

Utilities screen :2?

I went to media portal config, plugins, anime, config.

All the importing is actually done after you start MediaPortal rather than from config screen.
Not quite as complete as mp-tvseries yet :)

Release 2.0.9

Credit goes to bert_r on this one. He did the majority of the changes for this release.

Download 2.0.9

FIXED: Episode manager: When choosing 'no' on delete confirmation dialog, the item is deleted from the tree anyway (but not from database)
FIXED: Episode manager: Exception when dragging a series with a very long name (drag image is now truncated)
FIXED: Episode manager: Very long series name covers episode delete and add buttons
FIXED: Fixed possible stack overflow exception in options menu if continually clicking an option (occurred when a button in my remote jammed)
FIXED: Fix problems with TvDB episodes and manually selected seasons
CHANGED: Episode manager: When moving, editing or deleting items in the tree, the tree doesn't completely redraw every time.
CHANGED: Episode manager: Pressing delete or F2 key will now respectively delete or edit the selection
CHANGED: Config dialog - select file: double-click file dismisses dialog
CHANGED: Set (un)watched doesn't cause complete refresh
CHANGED: Utilities - click on 'series without TvDB association' series opens TvDB menu
CHANGED: Selection in option menus is restored
ADDED: New views: Completed Series and New Season (series that have begun airing in last month)
ADDED: Rehash file from configuration dialog (useful when replacing a corrupted file)
ADDED: 'hide watched' implemented ( Issue #36 )
ADDED: Missing episodes report now available on the 'Utilities' tab of the config screen

atlon

Portal Member
June 29, 2009
AAa so i have to open media portal, and it will start to import the anime?

Because when i go inside My Anime i didn't see anything :p just a black screen and some text.

5o i have to wait until media portal imports the anime?

Thanks for your help.

Im felling really dummy ¬¬

AAa so i have to open media portal, and it will start to import the anime?

Because when i go inside My Anime i didn't see anything :p just a black screen and some text.

5o i have to wait until media portal imports the anime?

Thanks for your help.

Im felling really dummy ¬¬

Fixed!!

I was using streamed Mp skin i went inside My Anime and press right arrow and there was RUN IMPORT function.

I press it and now its downloading all the anime logos, fan art and stuff from anidb :D

Thx for help!!

PD: Another plugins have the option to change the name show in HOME.

Can I change "My Anime" text?

atlon

Portal Member
June 29, 2009
One more question :D

Where goes al the images of logos banner fanart, episodes info etc?

I was wondering where goes them all :eek:

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Leo, does 209 fix the incorrect images/episode info? And if so, do I need to do something in order to get it to reassign info/images?

el_gato

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    my anime db is grown over the last time so i wanted to test this plugin. is there any kind of tutorial how to get this working? tried it myself, but i don't get anywhere... unfortunately :( i think for outsider it is much too complicated...

atlon

Portal Member
    June 29, 2009
    Utility Info:

Well i've been investigating all night long about this plugin and how to improve it.

The think is that it search the name episode in anidb if it found it adds it, if not you are screw :p

So Anidb has a api that renames all your anime so now when ti renames your anime ,anime plugin should reconize all your anime and kazaaM! the plugin will not miss any file of your anime list.

WARNING AND PROBLEM!

The problem is that anidb doesn't recognize even some files, so you have to do a trick to rename them.

I just have one at the moment

Foro - Frozen-Layer > Renombrar Anime A Saco

But its in spanish and is for MAc

So if anyone knows a way to rename your anime like that one for windows it would be amazing 4 all of us.

Because...well this is like the biggest problem "with the plugin". You know it works but you cant use it correctly if you don't have all your anime with the "PERFECT" names.

EDIT

NEW PROGRAM FOR RENAMING UNDER WINDOWS

http://www.robmeerman.co.uk/coding/file_renamer

(its at the bottom)

1-Name the folder of the anime/tv serie with Like this: Root NAME, Sub folder: Season Number
    2.-Drag your corresponding files to the season folder
    3.-Put the file "tvrenamer.exe" in each sub-folder that you have your anime/tv serie.
    4.- Execute it, if you are lucky, (works 95% of times) all will be rename perfectly.

PROBLEM:

After I renamed all my anime series
    (ex: Old file name : "01 Soul Eater.mp4"--->New File Name :"Soul Eater 01 - Resonance of the Soul - Soul=Eater, Want to Become a Death Scythe.mp4")

The anidb still didnt recognize the file...And the software tvrenamer.exe, USE THE ANIDB DATABASE TO RENAME THE FILES!!!!

SO WTF!!!! and when i run import nothing happens.

I've tried The Anidb api to rename my anime again, but it still didn't recognize the new names of the anime.

Maybe is the anidb profile config wrong??

Help is needed, we solve this and we will be freeeee!!! :D:D:D

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    atlon said:

On Vista it goes to
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\AnimeThumbs

I can't remember for Windows XP, but it will be something similar. Possibly Documents and Settings

Raytestrak said:
    Leo, does 209 fix the incorrect images/episode info? And if so, do I need to do something in order to get it to reassign info/images?

Yeah the fix I mentioned is there. All the episode images/info should already be on your system and should show up.
    Note that none of the episode overviews are actually populated for Ikkitousen, but the images are there

el_gato said:
    my anime db is grown over the last time so i wanted to test this plugin. is there any kind of tutorial how to get this working? tried it myself, but i don't get anywhere... unfortunately i think for outsider it is much too complicated...

I'll do a wiki page for a QuickStart tutorial tomorrow. Just something on configuring the manadatory stuff. Essentially it is 3 steps
    1. Enter your AniDB user credentials
    2. Select at least one folder for your library
    3. Start MediaPortal and select the "Run Import" option

atlon said:
    Well i've been investigating all night long about this plugin and how to improve it.

The think is that it search the name episode in anidb if it found it adds it, if not you are screw

So Anidb has a api that .....

Because...well this is like the biggest problem "with the plugin". You know it works but you cant use it correctly if you don't have all your anime with the "PERFECT" names.

This plugin actually uses the API already.
    You can name your files however you want and it won't matter.
    The name matching is what is used by mp-tvseries.

Are you still having a problem with your import?

atlon

Portal Member
    June 29, 2009
    atlon said:

On Vista it goes to
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\AnimeThumbs

I can't remember for Windows XP, but it will be something similar. Possibly Documents and Settings

Raytestrak said:

Yeah the fix I mentioned is there. All the episode images/info should already be on your system and should show up.
    Note that none of the episode overviews are actually populated for Ikkitousen, but the images are there

el_gato said:
    my anime db is grown over the last time so i wanted to test this plugin. is there any kind of tutorial how to get this working? tried it myself, but i don't get anywhere... unfortunately i think for outsider it is much too complicated...

I'll do a wiki page for a QuickStart tutorial tomorrow. Just something on configuring the manadatory stuff. Essentially it is 3 steps
    1. Enter your AniDB user credentials
    2. Select at least one folder for your library
    3. Start MediaPortal and select the "Run Import" option

atlon said:

The think is that it search the name episode in anidb if it found it adds it, if not you are screw

So Anidb has a api that .....

This plugin actually uses the API already.
    You can name your files however you want and it won't matter.
    The name matching is what is used by mp-tvseries.

Are you still having a problem with your import?

Edit: What is used by mp-tvseries :D? Like the size of the file and e2dk code?

I don't understand how it works i just thougt it use the the name of the file, so thats why i've been finding a way to change the names.
    I just want to find the way to have my mor than 90% of my anime working with anime plugin :D

Well the first time i run import it just matches 5 series of 28 :p.-

And those 5 where not with the full episodes.

So i read maybe i have to change episodes names.

But you will understand that if i do that manually i have to do it with more than 800 files :p

Then I found the renamer api of Anidb, but it didnt work, i tried the renamer.exe and all my files with they full names but and I tried to run import again to see if now recognizes them, but its like stuck.

Like doesn't update the dabase again, because the first time i've run import in utilitys appears like working process.

But now no one process is show.

So the run import button isn't working.

PD: After i Change the anime file names with that "tvrename.exe" program, the plugin didn't detect the new name of files.

I don't know why this happens :X.

EX: Doesn't detect this ones, (just an example)
    One Piece 185 - The Two Have Awoken! The Frontline of Burning Love!! [Oyami-Kun].mp4
    Code Geass 01 - The Day a New Demon Was Born.mp4
    Ragnarok 01 - Why Do You Wield That Sword.mp4
    Eyeshield 21 001 - The Man with Legs of the Speed of Light [TaF].mp4
    Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann 02 - I Said I'd Ride It.mp4

bert_r

Portal Pro
    April 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Setting up the plugin isn't complicated:
    1. Install the plugin: Just unzip the .zip file in the MediaPortal installation folder.
    2. Open MediaPortal configuration -> plugins -> Configure 'My Anime'
      • Set your AniDB username and password (and other options as wanted)
      • Add a folder (first tab, 'folders' section)
    3. Start MediaPortal -> go to 'My Anime' plugin -> go to 'Run Import' in the menu (or Utilities -> Run Import)

Now the plugin should start hashing and processing your files. Note that this can take quite a while (a few seconds per file).

Edit: What is used by mp-tvseries :D? Like the size of the file and e2dk code?

I don't understand how it works i just thougt it use the the name of the file, so thats why i've been finding a way to change the names.
    I just want to find the way to have my mor than 90% of my anime working with anime plugin :D

Well the first time i run import it just matches 5 series of 28 :p.-

And those 5 where not with the full episodes.

So i read maybe i have to change episodes names.

But you will understand that if i do that manually i have to do it with more than 800 files :p

Then I found the renamer api of Anidb, but it didnt work, i tried the renamer.exe and all my files with they full names but and I tried to run import again to see if now recognizes them, but its like stuck.

Like doesn't update the dabase again, because the first time i've run import in utilitys appears like working process.

But now no one process is show.

So the run import button isn't working.

PD: After i Change the anime file names with that "tvrename.exe" program, the plugin didn't detect the new name of files.

I don't know why this happens :X.

The plugin hashes the files (you can see it happening if you run the import from the utilities screen), and uses the ed2k hash + file size to match them to an anime series and episode (using the FILE command from the AniDB API). The file name doesn't matter at all. This also means that if you have re-encoded files the plugin won't recognize them.

I've recently hashed my entire collection (over 4000 files), and I had +/-50 files which weren't recognized. Most of these weren't on AniDB (I noticed all encodes by apex are missing), the rest of them were corrupted (they came the from old DVDs).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom