My Anime 2 (1 Viewer)

buddman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2008
    TX
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Just wanted to first say this is an awesome plugin. I have been waiting for something that will let me manage my anime seperately.

I am having an issue with the plugin though. I have Ergo Proxy and not all of the episodes imported automatically. As such, I had to add a few manually. I did this without issue, and they show up, but when I select them (not play them, but just click over to them), suddenly MP freezes for a few seconds (anywhere from 10 to 30 seconds). It's as if everytime I go over the episodes I manually added, something is trying to connect online and I am having to wait on a check. Has anyone else seen this issue??

If this issue was already posted, then I apologize. I tried to search for it but did not find a post. I am using the latest revision of the plugin.

bert_r

Portal Pro
    April 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Just wanted to first say this is an awesome plugin. I have been waiting for something that will let me manage my anime seperately.

I am having an issue with the plugin though. I have Ergo Proxy and not all of the episodes imported automatically. As such, I had to add a few manually. I did this without issue, and they show up, but when I select them (not play them, but just click over to them), suddenly MP freezes for a few seconds (anywhere from 10 to 30 seconds). It's as if everytime I go over the episodes I manually added, something is trying to connect online and I am having to wait on a check. Has anyone else seen this issue??

If this issue was already posted, then I apologize. I tried to search for it but did not find a post. I am using the latest revision of the plugin.

No, I didn't hear of this issue before. I have a few additional questions/remarks:
    - As far as I know, no info is retrieved from online when selecting an episode ... and if it did, MediaPortal shouldn't hang because all online requests are handled in separate threads.
    - Could you post the MediaPortal log file?
    - Do the episodes play normally?
    - Can you give an exact example of a file which causes this problem? I don't watch Ergo proxy normally, but I could download a few of these files, so I can try to reproduce this behaviour.

Hodge

Portal Member
    September 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I just noticed this exact same behaviour last night!

But my problem happened with Spice and Wolf. When I originally ran the import, all files were correctly hashed except ep. 04, which I added manually. Now, whenever I scroll past ep. 04 on the file list, MP freezes there for about 5 to 10 seconds before proceeding normally. The file plays perfectly fine and also hashes properly with Anidb'o'matic, so it appears the file is uncorrupted.

I wonder if it's a database problem rather than a file or online problem?

I've posted my mediaportal.log for reference. Hopefully, this can help.

cheers,
    Hodge

buddman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2008
    TX
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Here is the error:

Code:
    2009-07-01 16:27:56.698200 [ERROR][MPMain]: No translation found for id 106001
    2009-07-01 16:28:15.600200 [ERROR][MPMain]: Exception   :System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out
       at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
       at MyAnimePlugin2.Utils.DownloadWebPage(String url) in C:\Projects\SVN\animeplugin2\trunk\MyAnimePlugin2\Utils.cs:line 40
    2009-07-01 16:28:15.600200 [ERROR][MPMain]: Exception   :The operation has timed out
    2009-07-01 16:28:15.600200 [ERROR][MPMain]:   site      :System.Net.WebResponse GetResponse()
    2009-07-01 16:28:15.601200 [ERROR][MPMain]:   source    :System
    2009-07-01 16:28:15.601200 [ERROR][MPMain]:   stacktrace:   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
       at MyAnimePlugin2.Utils.DownloadWebPage(String url) in C:\Projects\SVN\animeplugin2\trunk\MyAnimePlugin2\Utils.cs:line 40
    2009-07-01 16:28:21.837200 [ERROR][MPMain]: No translation found for id 106001

It happens with any episode I manually import regardless of the series. This example is with episode 19 of Gantz. I have attached my logs.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    buddman said:

Ok I see the problem.
    To fix it for now, you can turn off the web service option in your config screen.
    Basically the web service is offline at the moment, but it is still trying to connect to it.

Essentially when you select an episode it tries to get information like codecs, video resolution etc for the file.
    It does this with a combination of the MediaInfo.dll and information from AniDB.
    Because you don't have the AniDB File information locally it tries to get it from the web service. Obviously this is not really appropriate there.
    I'll change this for the next release.

atlon

Portal Member
    June 29, 2009
    After i solve my problem with the run import thing yesterday, this morning i went to media portal hopping that it will continue downloading and hashing the other files that the last night where in queue.

But nothing happens, i tried clean database and run import and ut says searching for missing episodes, but nothing happens.

I.E. Media portal have been working for two hours and in anime section it still stuck in the same last episode that update the last night.

I don't know why this happens.

Sometimes it works sometimes not, i really don't understand the import function of this plugin.

PyroFD3S

Portal Member
    April 21, 2008
    Yes I am using the latest ed2k.dll and plugin
    Well, i don't know what information you need but here are the 3 files that I downloaded yesterday that gave me completely different ed2k hash than what is on the aniDB site
    http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=file&fid=601342
    http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=file&fid=601697
    http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=file&fid=601765

I replace the incorrect hash in the file manager with what I saw on aniDB and that seemed to have fixed it, but if I have to do it for every file it'll be a hassle

Is there any way to rehash a file, if you need the hash of what I got before I'll have to rehash the file and I don't remember the incorrect hash

I've downloaded and tried hashing the first 2 files, they both result in the same hash as mentioned on AniDB.
    Do you have special hardware? The dll is mainly written in assembler to get the fastest hashing as possible, this may result in problems for exotic processors.
    Also, have you checked the CRC of your files? Maybe something went wrong with the download which corrupted the file.

If you want to do some quick testing, I'll attach my test program to this post. I use this program while debugging the dll (that's faster than constantly restarting MediaPortal). Note that this test program hashes all files in a directory, you can only choose if it's recursive or not. It also only works with the latest dll.

Thanks for the program
    looks like it hashes it correctly in the program but I hashed it within mediaportal a few days ago with the 2.07 plugin and was getting theses hashes, and yes I'm using the latest .dll

[SS-Eclipse] hayate no gotoku s2 ep 12 mkv
    mine 9E57BDA97E8CB0CC31925B9B67ACAD5F
    aniDB 53328123109ead297054309f951a733b

[mochi] pandora hearts ep 12 mkv
    mine 8A9F60DE40F22D74325043FD9EA461A8
    aniDB C9F18B710D760C03D9A7AB2672D43DB5

[ANBU] Cross game ep 11 mkv
    mine 30B15387AF84950E14C29725B63ABF93
    aniDB 69f74d070b72d6088ef9a77b2fa7f490

[Eclipse] Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood ep 12 mkv
    mine 72A2461EB2EE1CA7F8B7B967616CE55D
    aniDB 5f4f337e254602dea5c9d7ebeb555b58

My computer is pretty standard

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
    RAM: Mushkin HP2-6400
    MOBO: ASUS P5K
    VIDEO CARD: eVGA GeForce 8800 GTS

Running XP Pro SP3

I thinking that it might be trying to hash the file while it's since downloading off the torrent cause I have watch for new files in the plugin checked off and that could be the reason why it's getting different hash than aniDB, cause I've only tried the program on completed files , could that be possible that it's hashing incompleted files
    I'm also seeing this message in my logs so that's why I'm thinking it might be hashing the incomplete file

"2009-06-23 19:59:35.531250 [Info.][30]: Found FileHash in cache: FileName: [Frostii]_K-On!_-_11_[480p][354335CB].mkv | ED2KHash: E9682FD4B76033B8A4E8932F4CA2256B | FileSize: 183502757 | DateTimeUpdated: 23/06/2009 7:51:36 AM"

is there any way to force a rehash of the files?

love the rehash function in 2.09 I was right about the hashing of partially completed files, so I was thinking is if you guys can please maybe implement a bulk rehash, cause I'm pretty sure that someone has run into this issue as well while downloading multiple episodes and while waiting for the other ones to finish would like to watch the one that is fully completed, or if they had MP opened at the time while downloading and had the "watch for new files" checked off and it tried to automatically hash an incomplete file, which would give an incorrect hash of the file.

Thanks

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    atlon said:
    After i solve my problem with the run import thing yesterday, this morning i went to media portal hopping that it will continue downloading and hashing the other files that the last night where in queue.

But nothing happens, i tried clean database and run import and ut says searching for missing episodes, but nothing happens.

I.E. Media portal have been working for two hours and in anime section it still stuck in the same last episode that update the last night.

Sometimes it works sometimes not, i really don't understand the import function of this plugin.

Are you saying you can still see a status text and/or there are items in the queue?
    If so an error probably occurred. Could you take a look al your MediaPortal.log file

Also a while ago someone mentioned (sorry I couldn't find the post) that they were worried about what the Run Import was actually doing.
    For the next release I am planning to make it user selectable exactly what the Run Import does. This should address your issues.

PyroFD3S said:
    love the rehash function in 2.09 I was right about the hashing of partially completed files, so I was thinking is if you guys can please maybe implement a bulk rehash, cause I'm pretty sure that someone has run into this issue as well while downloading multiple episodes and while waiting for the other ones to finish would like to watch the one that is fully completed, or if they had MP opened at the time while downloading and had the "watch for new files" checked off and it tried to automatically hash an incomplete file, which would give an incorrect hash of the file.

Added as Issue #56

What you also might want to consider is (assuming your torrent client supports it, like utorrent), is to use the "Move on completed" functionality. So basically once it actually finishes downloading you move it into one of your watched folders. Doing this should solve any hashing problems.

atlon

Portal Member
    June 29, 2009
    atlon said:

Are you saying you can still see a status text and/or there are items in the queue?
    If so an error probably occurred. Could you take a look al your MediaPortal.log file

Also a while ago someone mentioned (sorry I couldn't find the post) that they were worried about what the Run Import was actually doing.
    For the next release I am planning to make it user selectable exactly what the Run Import does. This should address your issues.

Where is Mediaportal.log file? I couldn't find it :(
    :oops:

Gendal

January 17, 2008
    Where is Mediaportal.log file? I couldn't find it :(
    :oops:
    On Vista it's at C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log , on XP I imagine it's under "Documents & Settings\<user name>\Application Data" or something.

Well done on the plugin, it was exactly what I was looking for, and I didn't even know it. I had a kludged together solution with the awesome TVSeries plugin, but it was a pain in the arse to get working with Anime.

My biggest stumbling block was just getting started, which could have been easily fixed with some simple instructions. The following is a first attempt at this:

1) Launch the plugin configuration found in the Media Portal Configuration Application:
    a) You need an anidb account. It's not optional, and your username and password needs to be filled out.
    b) You need to add a folder where your anime files are. File names, folders, etc - none of this matters.
    c) At least for now you need to disable the web service option in the plugin config or it will time out when you run the import. Uncheck "Submit\retrieve data from plugin web service" on the first tab.

2) Launch MediaPortal and run the My Anime plug in
    a) You need to get to the options screen for the plug in, which I did by using the arrow keys to go up/down/left/right whatever (it depends on your theme) to get the "Run Import" option. Click it.
    b) Optionally follow the progress in the option menu by clicking on Utilities
    c) Wait. It can take hours to scan all of the files. Beats having to rename everything though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom