My Anime 2 (1 Viewer)

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Iwerndly,

When you open an episode with several files you see normally a pop up window with the different short infos on the file (Group, resolution, etc); except for manually added files which are not referenced. For these you see the full path with filename
    Is it possible to have displayed only the filename w/o the path (as it can get very lengthly) or better get access to the db properties to manipulate the corresponing entries. This would be handy in case the file is not recognised by the plugin (e.g. as it was shortened, etc)

Is there a planning on the MovieDB access - which is low priority? As the backdrops for series are quite nicely retrieved, all movies are currently lacking such a capability, although the related info is available there. Its getting quite a pain to retrieve these manually.

Cheers,

atlon

Portal Member
    June 29, 2009
    my anime db is grown over the last time so i wanted to test this plugin. is there any kind of tutorial how to get this working? tried it myself, but i don't get anywhere... unfortunately i think for outsider it is much too complicated...
    Setting up the plugin isn't complicated:
    1. Install the plugin: Just unzip the .zip file in the MediaPortal installation folder.
    2. Open MediaPortal configuration -> plugins -> Configure 'My Anime'
      • Set your AniDB username and password (and other options as wanted)
      • Add a folder (first tab, 'folders' section)
    3. Start MediaPortal -> go to 'My Anime' plugin -> go to 'Run Import' in the menu (or Utilities -> Run Import)

Now the plugin should start hashing and processing your files. Note that this can take quite a while (a few seconds per file).

Edit: What is used by mp-tvseries :D? Like the size of the file and e2dk code?

I don't understand how it works i just thougt it use the the name of the file, so thats why i've been finding a way to change the names.
    I just want to find the way to have my mor than 90% of my anime working with anime plugin :D

Well the first time i run import it just matches 5 series of 28 :p.-

And those 5 where not with the full episodes.

So i read maybe i have to change episodes names.

But you will understand that if i do that manually i have to do it with more than 800 files :p

Then I found the renamer api of Anidb, but it didnt work, i tried the renamer.exe and all my files with they full names but and I tried to run import again to see if now recognizes them, but its like stuck.

Like doesn't update the dabase again, because the first time i've run import in utilitys appears like working process.

But now no one process is show.

So the run import button isn't working.

PD: After i Change the anime file names with that "tvrename.exe" program, the plugin didn't detect the new name of files.

I don't know why this happens :X.

The plugin hashes the files (you can see it happening if you run the import from the utilities screen), and uses the ed2k hash + file size to match them to an anime series and episode (using the FILE command from the AniDB API). The file name doesn't matter at all. This also means that if you have re-encoded files the plugin won't recognize them.

I've recently hashed my entire collection (over 4000 files), and I had +/-50 files which weren't recognized. Most of these weren't on AniDB (I noticed all encodes by apex are missing), the rest of them were corrupted (they came the from old DVDs).

Ok i understand that, but the "tvrenamer.exe" used anidb.info to get the file renames, so it recognize them before i don't know how, maybe the name of them.

But this plugin only recognizes the when it hashes the file?

Can make it work with the names?

Maybe that could be a update, Maybe with anime parsing rules like in mptvseries.

But mptvseries doesn't get the absolute numbers so, maybe you can add this function if it not already in it.

But resuming. Now If my files weren't recognized by anidb, the where not be recognize at all?

Or i can do something to make them match ?(besides the way of one by one file).

Thanks for help.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    yhoogi said:
    When you open an episode with several files you see normally a pop up window with the different short infos on the file (Group, resolution, etc); except for manually added files which are not referenced. For these you see the full path with filename
    Is it possible to have displayed only the filename w/o the path (as it can get very lengthly) or better get access to the db properties to manipulate the corresponing entries. This would be handy in case the file is not recognised by the plugin (e.g. as it was shortened, etc)

I have changed this now along the lines you suggested first.
    The path will be removed, but it will still show the video resolution and codec

yhoogi said:
    Is there a planning on the MovieDB access - which is low priority? As the backdrops for series are quite nicely retrieved, all movies are currently lacking such a capability, although the related info is available there. Its getting quite a pain to retrieve these manually.

I am currently working on the missing episode indicator and the character/info display.
    After that is done I'll see how much work is required for the MovieDB integration

FdL

Portal Pro
    April 17, 2009
    All the importing is actually done after you start MediaPortal rather than from config screen.
    Not quite as complete as mp-tvseries yet :)

But getting there fast ;)

Hey, I wanted to ask you what does the Run Import do exactly, and if it's relevant to do it from inside a series to force download and update of its stuff.

Also, does the Cleanup Database option ask for a confirmation? I fear I might select it accidentally :s In my opinion it shouldn't even be there, it should be just in the configuration screen of the plugin...

The new options look good, I'll play more with them on the next time I sit to tweak...I had a long session today and I'm tired of it :) Great job though, I love this plugin, and it's getting better with each build.

Oh, I've noticed some kind of bug that might be related to the skin (MP Streamed), but sometimes in the banner selection screen everything goes crazy. I lose the black part on the bottom with the text info and the rest stretches to cover all screen, the banners are taller and the background takes the whole screen. And it jumbles everything and makes it unuseable so you have to restart...

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    yhoogi said:

I have changed this now along the lines you suggested first.
    The path will be removed, but it will still show the video resolution and codec

yhoogi said:

I am currently working on the missing episode indicator and the character/info display.
    After that is done I'll see how much work is required for the MovieDB integration

Thanks,

Looking forward to the upcoming releases.

Cheers,

bert_r

Portal Pro
    April 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Ok i understand that, but the "tvrenamer.exe" used anidb.info to get the file renames, so it recognize them before i don't know how, maybe the name of them.
    I'm not sure, I would have to look at the tool to be sure, but I assume it does the same as the plugin: It hashes the file, and renames the file with the information AniDB provides for that file.

Maybe that could be a update, Maybe with anime parsing rules like in mptvseries.
    Anime is a little different than tv series, every episode has a series name, and episode number, a group, and sometimes fansubbers even have multiple releases for the same episode ... so parsing would be a lot harder. Also, you wouldn't have any benefit: parsing is a lot more work, it wouldn't work as well, and it doesn't provide extra features. It would only be a bit faster, and that only matters when you have to process a lot of files, which shouldn't happen a lot. Note that when you enable the use of the web service (enabled by default), that files will be matched by their filename if you didn't change the original filename.

atlon

Portal Member
    June 29, 2009

I'm not sure, I would have to look at the tool to be sure, but I assume it does the same as the plugin: It hashes the file, and renames the file with the information AniDB provides for that file.

Anime is a little different than tv series, every episode has a series name, and episode number, a group, and sometimes fansubbers even have multiple releases for the same episode ... so parsing would be a lot harder. Also, you wouldn't have any benefit: parsing is a lot more work, it wouldn't work as well, and it doesn't provide extra features. It would only be a bit faster, and that only matters when you have to process a lot of files, which shouldn't happen a lot. Note that when you enable the use of the web service (enabled by default), that files will be matched by their filename if you didn't change the original filename.

Well i found some scripts or programs that renames the file (The links are at the bottom of this post)
    THe "TVrenamer.exe" Is amazing it detects i.e. One piece 185.mp4 and converts to One Piece 185 - The Two Have Awoken! The Frontline of Burning Love!! [Oyami-Kun].mp4

Im pretty sure it uses AniDB.info to do this, because it says it at the beginning of the program.
    So my question was just if that program works with Anidb maybe can make the plugin work in the same way aswell.

I leave all the links a founded of Renamers here:

1- TV RENAMER (This is the best one)
    2.-ANIME TVDB RENAME SCRIPT (I don't know how to use it)
    3.-XBMC working plugin (They kind of make it work, maybe can use it for make a MP plugin better :D)
    4.-ANOTHER TV RENAMER (MP TV SERIES) (I didn't like it, didn't work correctly i.e changes Ragnarok 19 - We'll Always Be Together.mp4 to Ragnarok 19 - We'll Always Be Together.S01E09.mp4)

I hope if you can check this programs maybe can upgrade the Anime2 plugin in the next versions :D. Cheers

:D

bert_r

Portal Pro
    April 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Well i found some scripts or programs that renames the file (The links are at the bottom of this post)
    THe "TVrenamer.exe" Is amazing it detects i.e. One piece 185.mp4 and converts to One Piece 185 - The Two Have Awoken! The Frontline of Burning Love!! [Oyami-Kun].mp4

Im pretty sure it uses AniDB.info to do this, because it says it at the beginning of the program.
    So my question was just if that program works with Anidb maybe can make the plugin work in the same way aswell.

Like we mentioned before: The plugin uses AniDB already:
    (1) plugin hases the file
    (2) it connects to AniDB and requests the file info
    (3) AniDB returns all relevant info
    (4) the plugin shows that info as needed ... it could rename the file as in your example

I've taken a quick look at the tvrenamer source code, and it doesn't use the AniDB API as we do, it does a standard search, parses the returned html page and finds the anime and episode to rename the file.
    We couldn't do the same because we want to detect exactly which file it is so the MyList info can be used, and that isn't possible with a regular search ... and there is no real benefit of doing it that way anyway: almost all of the files are currently recognized correctly.
    And also, the folks at AniDB don't like us scraping the HTML pages, one of them went to the trouble to sign up to tell us that:
    Also, and I want to put this in the strongest possible terms, do not scrape the AniDB HTML pages

atlon

Portal Member
    June 29, 2009
    Actually, i've been working in this theese days and check other plugins and scripts.

Well the final and the best solution is if the plugin doesn't recognize your episodes, just add them to anidb.

And that works, and everybody wins, you and all the hundreds of people that may have the same problem.

In two simple steps, first use "tvrenamer.exe" To rename all your anime with almost the perfect name and avoid all the _)(/*$ symbols that a lots of fansub upload their files.

Then add them to anidb so all of us can make use of this new files :D

How to add them to anidb? Well here are the links with the explanation of everything.

Content:Files - AniDB

Mass add:Files - AniDB

Tutorial:How to Add Files for Dummies - AniDB!

Good Luck!!

PD: Maybe i didn't found all my anime because i see spanish fansubed anime and anidb doesn't have lots of spanish fansub.

I will upload all my anime to anidb and hope this still works for me and all other people.

PD2 : If you need a faq for this or a guide, send me a PM, i will work in one guide with images and everything in my vacations (two more weeks)

One more question,

I don't know that if this just happens to me, but whenever i want to add new anime to my database.

I have to erase My anime database and put the folders again.

I don't know why.

Because when i go to my anime and run import nothing happens.

Is this a bug? Or theres another way to import the new folders of anime.

Or if it is automatic, why in utilities doesn't show like if the plugin was working or importing new anime?

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Actually, i've been working in this theese days and check other plugins and scripts.

Well the final and the best solution is if the plugin doesn't recognize your episodes, just add them to anidb.

<snip>

PD: Maybe i didn't found all my anime because i see spanish fansubed anime and anidb doesn't have lots of spanish fansub.

I will upload all my anime to anidb and hope this still works for me and all other people.

PD2 : If you need a faq for this or a guide, send me a PM, i will work in one guide with images and everything in my vacations (two more weeks)

One more question,

I don't know that if this just happens to me, but whenever i want to add new anime to my database.
    I have to erase My anime database and put the folders again.
    I don't know why.
    Because when i go to my anime and run import nothing happens.

Is this a bug? Or theres another way to import the new folders of anime.

Or if it is automatic, why in utilities doesn't show like if the plugin was working or importing new anime?

It is fine to add the files to AniDB if the spanish subbing group is not.
    However renaming the files is probably not needed. AniDB doesn't store the actual file names anyway.

When you say add a new anime to your database, what do you mean?
    Are you adding a new folder in the config screen?
    Personally I have about 5 folders there (network and local shares).

If nothing is happening there may be an error in the log file. But you shouldn't need to delete your database.
    The "Watch for new files" will work as long as MediaPortal is running. If you copy files into one of your shares it will pick them up straight away. If MP is not running you will need to do an import.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom