My Anime 2 (3 Viewers)

atlon

Portal Member
June 29, 2009
Where is Mediaportal.log file? I couldn't find it :(
:oops:
On Vista it's at C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log , on XP I imagine it's under "Documents & Settings\<user name>\Application Data" or something.

Well done on the plugin, it was exactly what I was looking for, and I didn't even know it. I had a kludged together solution with the awesome TVSeries plugin, but it was a pain in the arse to get working with Anime.

My biggest stumbling block was just getting started, which could have been easily fixed with some simple instructions. The following is a first attempt at this:

1) Launch the plugin configuration found in the Media Portal Configuration Application:
a) You need an anidb account. It's not optional, and your username and password needs to be filled out.
b) You need to add a folder where your anime files are. File names, folders, etc - none of this matters.
c) At least for now you need to disable the web service option in the plugin config or it will time out when you run the import. Uncheck "Submit\retrieve data from plugin web service" on the first tab.

2) Launch MediaPortal and run the My Anime plug in
a) You need to get to the options screen for the plug in, which I did by using the arrow keys to go up/down/left/right whatever (it depends on your theme) to get the "Run Import" option. Click it.
b) Optionally follow the progress in the option menu by clicking on Utilities
c) Wait. It can take hours to scan all of the files. Beats having to rename everything though.

That was the big problem with the run import :D

Now you say it, i understand why :oops:

This will be fixed on the next version y read before.

:D

PD: Some adds for the plugin would be, that eye that shows if you saw or not a episode, season, or serie.
And the manager with a easier "manage"

After all the easiest way to have all your anime in media portal in this plugin is following the instructions i wrote in the last page. If you don't have jsut add them it takes like 1 hour add 1000 episodes to anidb is reaaaaally easy.

Good luck

This plugin RulZ
:D:D:D:D:D:D

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
Gendal said:
On Vista it's at C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log , on XP I imagine it's under "Documents & Settings\<user name>\Application Data" or something.

Well done on the plugin, it was exactly what I was looking for, and I didn't even know it. I had a kludged together solution with the awesome TVSeries plugin, but it was a pain in the arse to get working with Anime.

My biggest stumbling block was just getting started, which could have been easily fixed with some simple instructions. The following is a first attempt at this:

1) Launch the plugin configuration found in the Media Portal Configuration Application:
a) You need an anidb account. It's not optional, and your username and password needs to be filled out.
b) You need to add a folder where your anime files are. File names, folders, etc - none of this matters.
c) At least for now you need to disable the web service option in the plugin config or it will time out when you run the import. Uncheck "Submit\retrieve data from plugin web service" on the first tab.

2) Launch MediaPortal and run the My Anime plug in
a) You need to get to the options screen for the plug in, which I did by using the arrow keys to go up/down/left/right whatever (it depends on your theme) to get the "Run Import" option. Click it.
b) Optionally follow the progress in the option menu by clicking on Utilities
c) Wait. It can take hours to scan all of the files. Beats having to rename everything though.

Thanks for this, I'll put up a quick start guide soon, but what you said basically summarizes it.

Also I have got a temporary home for the webservice
myanime.dyndns.org

You can put this in your config now (if you want)

atlon

Portal Member
June 29, 2009
A new problem comes out :(

I did the run import taking out "Submit\retrieve data from plugin web service" on the first tab.

And it work.

But now run import doesn't detect some anime, and i have it in anidb.

I try manually add the files to my list in anidb and then go to media portal and nothing happens the run import doesn't add them.

ie: I have Soul Eater in my anidb list 51/51 but in my anime plugin doesn't add it.

I tried to add specifics folder for each anime, but it didn't work either.

I click out watch for new files and nothing.

I don't know why run import just see if the anime that is in file manager (the one wich is not in Anidb) and check anidb again to update it.

But the run import - Doesn't import the anime in the new folder added in the config screen.

I had Rozen maiden before in my anime plugin list and now doesn't even detect the files of it.

Thanks for helping :D

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Four (small?) questions:

1. Is it possible to create an "Auto Group" option? That when you enter the same tvdb id for a few series, it will automatically group them together?
    2. Is there a label to summarize the total number of series (or groups actually) that you have in your list? I'll attach a screenshot from my other htpc later on to show what I mean.
    3. Is watched/unwatched in any skin working atm? I'm trying to adjust mediastream and I think I followed the anime2.dummy labels correctly, but all my series and episodes only show unwatched/not-present icons. Could well be a skinning error on my part, but I was just wondering. I'll attach my xml as well, I fixed a tiny layout issue.
    4. Can you implement a line for the number of unrecognized files in the utilities screen?

Attachments

• Anime2_SeriesNumber.jpg
      Anime2_SeriesNumber.jpg
      367.4 KB
    • Anime2_Watched.jpg
      Anime2_Watched.jpg
      213.2 KB
    • Anime2_Main.xml
      30.6 KB

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    ie: I have Soul Eater in my anidb list 51/51 but in my anime plugin doesn't add it.

I don't know why run import just see if the anime that is in file manager (the one wich is not in Anidb) and check anidb again to update it.

I had Rozen maiden before in my anime plugin list and now doesn't even detect the files of it.

Can you check that the hashes for your files actually match what is on AniDB?

Raytestrak said:
    Is it possible to create an "Auto Group" option? That when you enter the same tvdb id for a few series, it will automatically group them together?

Yup that will be possible as an option but have to think about it a bit more.

Raytestrak said:
    Is there a label to summarize the total number of series (or groups actually) that you have in your list? I'll attach a screenshot from my other htpc later on to show what I mean.

Yeah you need to use #Anime2.GroupCount instead of #Anime2.SeriesCount in the group view.
    A full list of the support skin properties can be found on the wiki
    Skin Development

Raytestrak said:
    Is watched/unwatched in any skin working atm? I'm trying to adjust mediastream and I think I followed the anime2.dummy labels correctly, but all my series and episodes only show unwatched/not-present icons. Could well be a skinning error on my part, but I was just wondering. I'll attach my xml as well, I fixed a tiny layout issue.

No they are not supported yet. I left them in the skins because I planned to support them eventually.
    I have added Issue #57 so I don't forget

Raytestrak said:
    Can you implement a line for the number of unrecognized files in the utilities screen?

Yup the space on the right side of the screen is actually intended for unrecognized files, so it will be shown there.
    Issue #58

FdL

Portal Pro
    April 17, 2009
    I was playing with the new search feature for unrecognized series (awesome feature). I left it importing, but I wonder if it'll automatically import widebanners and episode images.

The fanart selection screen I don't understand much. Are the ones shown those which are available? Or we are simply shown everything that it's importing?

Also, with 2.09 I still get random banners and stuff, even when it's off.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I was playing with the new search feature for unrecognized series (awesome feature). I left it importing, but I wonder if it'll automatically import widebanners and episode images.

The fanart selection screen I don't understand much. Are the ones shown those which are available? Or we are simply shown everything that it's importing?

Also, with 2.09 I still get random banners and stuff, even when it's off.

When you associate a group/series with a TvDB series it will start downloading fanart/posters/wide banners in the background. This will depend on what you have set to auto download in your options screen.
    Fanart images is limited to the number you specify.

Episode images are not automatically downloaded at this stage.
    There is a context menu available for this.

With the Fanart Window it will show all the images that available on The TvDB.
    Depending on your skin you will see:
    Available locally - means you have the image downloaded on your system
    Available for downloading - means you can download the image by pressing ENTER or the appropriate button on your remote
    Is Enabled - Yes/No - Whether you want to use the image in your rotation of fanart images

Wide Banners are still random as I haven't implemented the wide banner selection screen yet.
    I tend to skip around from feature to feature depending on my level of motivation :)

atlon

Portal Member
    June 29, 2009

Yes the files match them.

I didn't mention that before when i tried to run import and it didn't work, i erase the database to make a new run import.

And before that i erase the detected series manually from the manager section.

Well then i saw the fix for run import and it starts to add all the series to database, but the old ones like Soul Eater, etc, the ones wich recognizes the first time. It didn't add them.

The only solution for now was adding them manually, creating a group and a series with the anidb ID number.

And it works for now.

Well anyway maybe the "BUG" was because i erase them the first time, and then it didn't recognize them again?:oops:

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Where can you check them on anidb? I have a couple of unrecognized files, that should be part of one release, but aren't properly recognized.

Raytestrak said:
    Is it possible to create an "Auto Group" option? That when you enter the same tvdb id for a few series, it will automatically group them together?

Yup that will be possible as an option but have to think about it a bit more.

Great! This is turning into one hell of a plugin!

Yeah you need to use #Anime2.GroupCount instead of #Anime2.SeriesCount in the group view.
    A full list of the support skin properties can be found on the wiki
    Skin Development

Thanks, I'll bookmark the wiki at home!

Raytestrak said:
    Is watched/unwatched in any skin working atm? I'm trying to adjust mediastream and I think I followed the anime2.dummy labels correctly, but all my series and episodes only show unwatched/not-present icons. Could well be a skinning error on my part, but I was just wondering. I'll attach my xml as well, I fixed a tiny layout issue.

No they are not supported yet. I left them in the skins because I planned to support them eventually.
    I have added Issue #57 so I don't forget

They weren't present in MediaStream, so I've added them. I noticed last night that there is one view which doesn't show them yet. The Normal/Special screens don't show any icons yet. Is this also why the fontcolours stay the same for watched and unwatched files?

Raytestrak said:
    Can you implement a line for the number of unrecognized files in the utilities screen?

Yup the space on the right side of the screen is actually intended for unrecognized files, so it will be shown there.
    Issue #58

Thanks, won't you have an overlap then? When importing, the text usually covers the right side as well.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Raytestrak said:
    They weren't present in MediaStream, so I've added them. I noticed last night that there is one view which doesn't show them yet. The Normal/Special screens don't show any icons yet. Is this also why the fontcolours stay the same for watched and unwatched files?

I think it is the same for mp-tvseries?
    Even though the skin file specifies different font colours, it seems to have no effect.
    This problem occurs in streamedmp and Mediastream, but not in Monochrome.

Raytestrak said:
    Thanks, won't you have an overlap then? When importing, the text usually covers the right side as well.

I meant like this

08_Admin.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom