My Anime 2 | Page 32

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Plugins' started by lwerndly, June 2, 2009.

1. yhoogi
    • Premium Supporter

yhoogi MP Donator

Ratings:
    +48 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hello Iwerndly,

May I propose some features enhancements for upcoming releases:
    1. Exclusion of Hidden Files: For split files (e.g. movies), I use normally a hidden directory and a playlist to enable smooth playback. Seems like the plugin is not checking the specific attribute and therefore is not skipping these files / directories
    2. Is it possible to sort entries in the list by excluding leading "The", "A ", etc?. I am collecting now quite a lot of "The..." entries and I found the feature in Moving Picture quite convenient
    3. In the utilities menu, I propose to extend the list of unassociated files for TVDB towards MovieDB as well, showing only files which are not referenced by either TVDB or MovieDB
    4. Is it possible to include in the DB the AnimeDB relations info? EDIT: Just discovered that there is a similar entry in the Issues Section as Issue 59.

Thanks & Cheers,

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. bert_r

bert_r Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    Home Country:
    Belgium Belgium
    For starters, sorry for the long absence. I first was on vacation, and with the nice weather afterwards I wasn't using my HTPC much ... But I can see a lot happened while I was taking it easy! Good work!

I was thinking about implementing the whole Moving Pictures' sorting method: Adding a 'sort title' property, and sort with this instead of the regular title. This would fix other sorting problems (example: currently 'Inital D Fourth Stage' is shown before 'Initial D Second Stage').

EDIT:
    I just figured out how to preserve the aspect ratio of the anime thumbs (so they aren't streched). Should this be optional?

4. yhoogi
    • Premium Supporter

yhoogi MP Donator

Ratings:
    +48 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Sounds like a good idea.
    If possible an automatic parser for the standard issues I mentioned before would be good (i.e. deleting of Leading "the", "a", "an", etc)

Cheers,

Edit:
    Are you refering to he aspect ratio of the posters? - IMHO original aspect ratio should be preserved.

5. FdL

FdL Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hmm, tried doing this and it doesn't fix it. I copied the Media folder on the unpacked Anime 2 plugin directory and pasted it over the media folder inside the Streamed MP skin folder. But it's the same, just like this except it has the watched eye icons in the right place (if a bit overlapping with the text).

A lot of text goes off the right side of the monitor (is cut off), and there's that annoying date thing which I don't remember being there (and I see no use for, honestly).

Is it just a thing with the skin needing some tweaking?
    Is it an issue with my resolution? It's at 1440x900, and I was wondering what the ideal system resolution is for watching 720p stuff and using MP with Anime 2.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also as you can tell in the second screencap, it doesn't show the background image, though it shows it outside the episode selection screen for the same series.

6. bert_r

bert_r Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    Home Country:
    Belgium Belgium
    Have you deleted your cache folder? (on vista: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Cache)

Acoording to wikipedia, "720p has a widescreen aspect ratio of 16:9, a vertical resolution of 720 pixels and a horizontal resolution of 1280 pixels, or 1280x720, for a total of 921,600 pixels.". So 1280x720 would probably be best.

I also noticed the date for each episode. I assume it's the original broadcast date (in japan) ... which I don't find very useful indeed. Maybe showing this should be optional?

7. lwerndly

lwerndly Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +149 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    Maybe if you send me that monitor I can test it out and we'll get these things sorted quick smart ;)

Yes the watched icons are hard coded in the plugin (much like mp-tvseries).
    The reason you don't see the same icons in MediaStream mp-tvseries is because the icon the plugin refers to is missing.
    You could do the same for this plugin
    mp-tvseries = tvseries_SeriesListIcon.png
    animeplugin2 = anime2_ListIcon.png

Now the bit where Mediastream shows the number of episodes is controlled by the skin properties, which animeplugin2 doesn't support yet.
    I will raise an item to allow this.

I'll be back to answer some of yhoogi's/Fdl's questions a bit later...

8. Raytestrak
    • Premium Supporter

Raytestrak MP Donator

IT Engineer
    Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Let me think about 1 for a second ... eh, no ;)
    Still hasn't arrived yet anyway :(

Is it possible to unhardcode them? I mean, the small font for the airdate and the placement of the icons in the listcontrol are not like anything in MediaStream. I'm using the previous skin files now which now only show numbers in the listcontrol for groups with the number of (un)watched episodes, also not handled by labels, correct?

A while ago, I posted this question:

In mptvseries (and other MP plugins), when you press escape, you go back to the episode selection screen and see the details and a small preview windows in the top right. In Anime2 I go back to the episode selection screen, but I don't see the preview windows nor the episode image. Only the episode list.

Answer is: add <import>common.overlay.xml</import> to the anime2_main.xml (for the mediastream skin that is).

9. mpiva

mpiva Portal Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Home Country:
    Ok here is the deal :)

Mediaportal creates font textures to render the fonts, these textures are generated and cached and their size depends of the resolution used (1920x1080, 1280x720, etc. and the number of characters.

These textures cannot exceed the maximun texture size supported by the Video Card.

If the texture font exceed the size, media portal is clever enough to render them a little smaller, and add something called zoomfactor to the font. It'll repeat the loop until the rendered font fits the maximun texture size.

Since we're adding a lots of characters to the fonts. Your videocard cannot handle those bigger texture sizes, and the zoom factor is applied. The result... blurring because of the resizing on the big fonts.

Anyway, i'll give ya a fast patch, Render the fonts with the tool included in the plugin.

After that, go and edit fonts.xml and edit the bigger fonts, change the <endchar> tag to 256.
    Delete the same font (two files) in the cached fonts directory.

Mediaportal in the next start will re-create those fonts without japanese support.

In the next version i'll aggregate a checkbox to the plugin so you can disable the generation of japanese fonts, on fonts that cannot fit without zoomfactor.

Hope it helps

P.D. Use fontengine.dll included in the plugin, there is only one difference with the original. The new one use a little more memory to handle more characters.

10. ollin

ollin Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I upgraded to the latest build of MyAnimePlugin (2.0.12.0), and am running into a problem when trying to download from anidb. I get the error 0 "OTHER: Login Failed"

I reverted back to what I was using previously (2.0.7.0) and I can login to anidb fine.

I'm currently running the MediaPortal Alpha build under Windows 7 (so I'm aware that neither of these are designed for animeplugin nor even each other, but so far it's been running just fine).

I figure since if I revert to a previous build of MyAnimePlugin I'm able to login to anidb without issue, that the problem might be more than just my using an app and OS that's not setup to work with each other.

I've attached the logfile, but I did notice this line which to my untrained and ignorant eye seems off:
    Code (Text):
    1. at AnimePlugin.AniDBLib.ProcessCommands(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs args) in
    2. [B]C:\Projects\SVN\animeplugin2\[/B]trunk\MyAnimePlugin2\DataHelpers\AniDBHelper.cs:line 438
    Since I don't have that file structure, it seems odd. But, I'm guessing that the problem probably lay in the fact I'm using a beta MP client with Win7, an unsupported OS. If that's the case I'll just revert back to the older MyAnimePlugin that logs in just fine.

Thanks in advance!

11. bert_r

bert_r Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    Home Country:
    Belgium Belgium
    The "C:\Projects\SVN\animeplugin2" path is the directory the source code resided when the dll was compiled. This path is only displayed to make debugging easier, so no worries there.

From a quick look at the logfile you're either missing the "ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll" file, or it's the wrong version (I have version 0.85.5.452). I believe some people had the same problem before ...
    I'm not sure if that could cause login problems though.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!