My Anime 2 (2 Viewers)

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
Ahm ... good question - don't know what it's called - I use the one with the small banners right hand and the Cover left Hand with the description. Is this Filmstrip?

Sounds like "Wide Banners"

Can you try the "List Poster" view to see if you have any problems

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Jep - going to test it - but I'm at work now (what timezone do you live in ...) - so it's in about 10 hours.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    so - installed the last RC and ... nep - sorry to tell you - but same issue - also in List View ...

-> Update:

I have switched now back from MP 1.1.0 to 1.0.2 (if I would have known what &$&%§/&/&/) this is ... well ...) - and it's working as expected. The reason for doing this was - even when using The last release of th ePluging the error had occured. No idea what went wrong ... but for my feeling MP 1.1. is still far away for being released - even if I had no issues until the first RC candidate of 2.1.1.

-> Update 2:
    As several functions are not working in 1.0.2 (maybe only me - but the "Info" Button for example on my Harmony wasn't working ... which is a pain, StreamMP weather not shown, ...) - ok - as I know now what I need to backup before installation - I did an "Upgrade" to 1.1.0 again. And - now also the buttons are working ... with 2.1.15 :) this is making me happy!
    I don't know why - maybe its because the update is leaving required files in teh installation of MP, maybe simple something was realy screwed, ... don't know - but - did I say that I'm happy now :)

Regards

craige1

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Alice Springs
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Glad to hear its working now. I went through your logs and it didnt look like a problem with anime2 itself, but at the same time the error only occured when anime2 stated up. It was a rather confusing error.

On a side note 1.1 rc1 should be coming out soon since there seems to be only two issue left on the roadmap. Currently I'm running the latest weekly svn code for MP 1.1 with the latest svn code of anime2 and its all playing toghether nicely. Im hoping this means that when MP 1.1 rc1 does come out you peeps can use the latest anime2 without any worries. :crossfingers:

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    HI there,

Just to provide some observations on the recent RC5:

Seems like there are some issues in the Group/Series Management in the MP plugin config menu:

Right click on a series in the Group/Series tree shows "Move Episodes to a different series", but reallocation seems to have no effect.
    (Also, didn't it make more sense to move the series to a different group at this spot?)

Furthermore, the appearing drop down list is cut off at letter "K" for me. Seems like there is a limitation in the number of list items.

Cheers,

FdL

Portal Pro
    April 17, 2009
    I'm thinking of putting all my anime inside a big external hard drive. How would Anime 2 handle this thing about it being a removable drive? I'm used to either have my stuff on dvd backups, or in a network folder until it's compiled and burned.

By the way, this has been working like a charm for me, it's why I haven't been around here a lot lately ^^ With the latest version it's even better. This is an amazing little piece of software. I couldn't be more grateful for its existance.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Just to provide some observations on the recent RC5:

Seems like there are some issues in the Group/Series Management in the MP plugin config menu:

Right click on a series in the Group/Series tree shows "Move Episodes to a different series", but reallocation seems to have no effect.
    (Also, didn't it make more sense to move the series to a different group at this spot?)

Furthermore, the appearing drop down list is cut off at letter "K" for me. Seems like there is a limitation in the number of list items.

Ok I'll check out these problems tonight.

FdL said:
    I'm thinking of putting all my anime inside a big external hard drive. How would Anime 2 handle this thing about it being a removable drive? I'm used to either have my stuff on dvd backups, or in a network folder until it's compiled and burned.

I have my anime spread across a combination of
    - One internal drive
    - Two network shares
    - One large USB external drive.

They all work pretty much the same

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi there,

Just observed some further issues with the RC5:

Seems like the language / sub settings can not be set. It reverts back to "File default" by the next visit.

I also observed that during last import session, some series were re-entered several times with empty eps list and on some series some eps got lost. I currently try to re-import with an older backup to see if this can be reproduced.

Cheers,

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi there,

Just observed some further issues with the RC5:

Seems like the language / sub settings can not be set. It reverts back to "File default" by the next visit.

I also observed that during last import session, some series were re-entered several times with empty eps list and on some series some eps got lost. I currently try to re-import with an older backup to see if this can be reproduced.

Cheers,

RC6 should fix your first mentioned problems (Being cut off after "K" etc)

I couldn't replicate the above problems after the fix I made, so these may have also been fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom