My Anime 2 (3 Viewers)

Mcgreag

Portal Member
November 8, 2009
Falun
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hey!
It's a simple question, but how you guys organize your anime collection in your HDD's?

And about the file name, you usually dont change anything? or do you rename your files?
I never change filenames but I almost always change directory names. Removing group and similar info just leaving the name of the show. For one file anime I create a directory named of the movie to place it in.

I currently use 5x 1TB USB drives with the anime sorted by name. Drive 1 is A-C, 2 is D-G etc.
If there are multiple series/movies for an anime I create a main directory like for example Gundam and place individual shows below that.

I am considering adding some toplevel directories, Series, Movies, Live Action etc but haven't decided.

Haven't used a mediacenter software before but with the growing size of the collection it's starting to become difficult to keep track on what is what and what is good. So something that can display poster/screenshot and a short description looks interesting. Been testing Mediaportal with MyAnime2 a bit and it's mostly good. ATM I am mostly concerned about bad mouse support (I don't have a remote control and I prefer not to have to use the keyboard when sitting in the couch) and that fact that it won't display at all the stuff that it can't identify.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Issues

- When selecting moviedb for association (and something is found) over GUI the group stays in the list until you switch away ans back on from the utilities screen

- T9 doesn't stay selcted when switching of MP of and on again it starts witch standard input again

Best Regards

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Sorry - my Internet was down ... reinstalled it with the last featured version - now T9 stays active as expected. THX.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Sorry for the late reply....

pur_berger said:
    When you switch back (using the backoption of the remote control) you are back to teh first group instead of the Group you choose the seriesinformation from. Is it possible to make it so that you go to the Group you have at the current infopane open - so also switching to a related anime over the infopane is possible?

Markus

Submitted as Issue #127

pur_berger said:
    How can we rename this plugins, in MP liste??? "My Anime" (English) in "Mes Animes" or "Mes Mangas" in French or other langage
    Tis is possible with TVSeries or MovingPicture, can you make tis in MyAnime2 ???

Submitted as Issue #126

Jocker_Boy said:
    Hey!
    It's a simple question, but how you guys organize your anime collection in your HDD's?

And about the file name, you usually dont change anything? or do you rename your files?

I also have my anime split over several drives.
    A combination of network drives, internal and USB.
    I also used to have a vast collection of DVD's, but found that they would start getting corrupted after a few years, and moved them to disk instead (when terabyte HDD's became affordable)

For the most part I organise my collection by age. And keep the last couple of years on one large HDD.

I used to rename all my files, to make them easier to read, but now I don't bother.
    I believe that craige1 is planning to add support to this plugin to allow the renaming of files for those who want it.

There you go Craig, I've commited you now :)

tgxiii

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2008
    A rename function would be nice! I currently rename my episodes manually, and it's a pain. I'd really like to see this feature. I'm curious as to how it would handle putting the episode title in the file name of multi-episode files.

I do have a problem, though... I recently had to re-hash my collection. It looks as if there's an error when it sends the info to AniDB. Attached is the log when I try to re-hash one of the unrecognized files.

I've verified the ED2K hash and file size with the information on AniDB and they match. The AniDB page for the particular file I re-hashed is here: http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=file&fid=226237

tgxiii

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2008
    I've tried theRenamer. It doesn't work with my anime shows. As far as TV series, I already use MetaBrowser so I don't need it.

strike07

Portal Member
    September 4, 2009
    Guys need some advice here, im using Anime2 plugin , now since my winxp having some problem i need to format the pc, so my question is isit possible to backup all my setting,backdrop, pic all? or i need all over redo everyting again?

Thanks

tgxiii

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2008
    Guys need some advice here, im using Anime2 plugin , now since my winxp having some problem i need to format the pc, so my question is isit possible to backup all my setting,backdrop, pic all? or i need all over redo everyting again?

Thanks

Get BackupSettings. As the name implies, it backs up your settings, including databases, fanart, etc. Install it and export your settings to a location outside of the hard drive you're going to format. After you have your new install, just set it to import from the location you saved to.

MediaPortal - Mediacenter - - BackupSettings

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom