My Anime 2 (1 Viewer)

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
Also an important message from the admins at AniDB.

Please do not use AniDB to add your self-encoded files. This is not the intent of AniDB.

If anyone is having problems using the plugin to associate episodes with self encoded files, please let me know.
We can probably do something to make it easier.
The next version should also make this slightly less painful as well.

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    A rename function would be nice! I currently rename my episodes manually, and it's a pain. I'd really like to see this feature. I'm curious as to how it would handle putting the episode title in the file name of multi-episode files.

I do have a problem, though... I recently had to re-hash my collection. It looks as if there's an error when it sends the info to AniDB. Attached is the log when I try to re-hash one of the unrecognized files.

I've verified the ED2K hash and file size with the information on AniDB and they match. The AniDB page for the particular file I re-hashed is here: http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=file&fid=226237

Ok here is the version which should fix your problem
    Version 2.1.1.7

I can't see this problem occurring too often. In fact it is only likely with Haruhi.

Almost missed this release, the link in the main page isn't updated btw. Still points to 2.1.1.6

Edit: This is the first time I used the installer, thanks for mentioning me :) Question about the installer: does this also update the font engine automatically? If so, could you put the zip online as well? i don't like what the japanese font support does for my normal fonts in MediaPortal.

craige1

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Alice Springs
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yes it updates the fontengine.dll automatically. The japanese font support wont work untill you activate it in the My Anime 2 config. Simply updating the fontengine.dll should not change how MP looks at all. I noticed perosnally that the fonts get blurry when you use them, but by going into the My Anime 2 config window, selecting the utilities tab, and using the "fallback to normal" button on the skins, the issue vanished. If you still have problems, a backup of the old fontengine.dll is in the anime2 folder inside the MP install directory. Just replace the one in MP with that one.

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yes it updates the fontengine.dll automatically. The japanese font support wont work untill you activate it in the My Anime 2 config. Simply updating the fontengine.dll should not change how MP looks at all. I noticed perosnally that the fonts get blurry when you use them, but by going into the My Anime 2 config window, selecting the utilities tab, and using the "fallback to normal" button on the skins, the issue vanished. If you still have problems, a backup of the old fontengine.dll is in the anime2 folder inside the MP install directory. Just replace the one in MP with that one.

Thanks, it's a lot clearer now. I also have blurry fonts when I make use of japanese character option and although it looks cool in the plugin, I can't read it anyway :D

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi there,

Seems like the audio and subtitle settings in the plugin configuration are not retained. - At least they are set back to default settings when you revisit the configuration.

Cheers,

craige1

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Alice Springs
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    New forum and wiki

Dear faithful My Anime 2 peeps,

Due to the size of this topic, this daunting 412 post topic that scares the little ones away, we have created a dedicated forum for the plugin. Hopfully it will make it much easier for new users to seek help, and to make it easier to find answers to questions that have already been answered. Dont be shy and take a look.

We also have started a wiki. Currently there is no documentation for My Anime 2. No manual, no guides, no nothing. This wiki is to change this fact. We will be building upon it over time, but also invite you to add to anything to it that you think will help other users.

Forum
    Wiki

As always the IRC channel is open for users aswell.

Server: technohub.homedns.org
    channel: #MyAnime2

huntergrei

Portal Member
    November 25, 2009
    Home Country
    @ bert

This most likely caused by a missing or outdated ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll.
    You can find the correct version HERE.

after downloading this dll. where can i put this? into what specific folder?

thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom