My Anime 2 (1 Viewer)

bert_r

Portal Pro
April 7, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
A rename function would be nice! I currently rename my episodes manually, and it's a pain. I'd really like to see this feature. I'm curious as to how it would handle putting the episode title in the file name of multi-episode file

I'm curious: Why do you rename your files? With MediaPortal and our plugin it shouldn't really matter what the filename is. The title and other things are nicely shown anyway. But even before I had a mediacenter I almost never renamed files. I always found the series and episode number enough to go by. The only times I renamed files (before I had a HTPC) was to remove inconsistencies in the naming, so the files would sort correctly.

Cinnabuns

Portal Pro
August 2, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Problems with Sengoku Basara

I've been running into a weird problem lately where MyAnime2 seems to have a lot of problems with 3 particular files from the series Sengoku Basara. Whenever I try to do anything with episode 7, 8, or 9 from the group gSS, MyAnime2 seems to choke in some way. Here's the problems I've encountered with them:

1. I downloaded most of the episodes for the series before I ran an import in MyAnime2. When running the import, I noticed that the file hasher would work just fine until it hit episode 7, 8, or 9. But instead of the hasher queue count decrementing after hashing one of these files, it would remain the same, and the hasher would get stuck and stop trying to hash any more files. If at this point I tried to play an anime while the hasher is stuck, all of MediaPortal freezes.

After repeating the import 6 or 7 times (after each time I would kill or restart MediaPortal) and just walking away for an hour each time, MyAnime2 somehow successfully imported these episodes.

2. So I managed to watch the first 6 episodes, but MyAnime2 gets stuck again once I finished watching episode 6. This time, whenever I try to open Sengoku Basara from the series screen, it gets in but does not display any episodes, and is apparently frozen. Task Manager showed CPU activity at about 50% and high memory usage for MediaPortal fluctuating between 600-800MB. After half an hour, it's still stuck. I left it running overnight, and it was able to display episodes 10, 11, and 12 (I have the option to hide watched episodes, so it makes sense that eps 1-6 did not show up). However, at this point I tried to back out to the series screen, and MyAnime2 got stuck again, so I just killed it.

3. Now when I run an import, the importer gets stuck in the Sengoku Basara directory on my network share. It will not move past scanning this directory.

All of this is pretty strange because I can watch all the episodes just fine over the network outside of MediaPortal. One thing to note is that many of the Sengoku Basara episodes do show some corruption for the first second or so when I play them using MediaPlayerClassic. However, I do not think the files themselves are corrupt because I downloaded them via bittorrent and the hasher was able to match them automatically in AniDB. They may have some encoding errors, but even then I don't see why the file scanner and hasher would get stuck on these files. Plus, there were other episodes in the series that exhibit the same corruption at the beginning, but MyAnime2 had no problems with those.

If I move these files out of the directories that MyAnime2 scans, then everything seems to work normally, but it's quite strange that just a few files in a single series shows these problems.

My logs are attached. And as always, thanks for the awesome plugin.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
I've been running into a weird problem lately where MyAnime2 seems to have a lot of problems with 3 particular files from the series Sengoku Basara. Whenever I try to do anything with episode 7, 8, or 9 from the group gSS, MyAnime2 seems to choke in some way. Here's the problems I've encountered with them:

Yes I had the same problem with the same files.
You just need the latest version of MediaInfo.dll
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-plugins-47/my-anime-2-a-60793/index33.html#post494738

tgxiii said:
A rename function would be nice! I currently rename my episodes manually, and it's a pain. I'd really like to see this feature. I'm curious as to how it would handle putting the episode title in the file name of multi-episode files.

I do have a problem, though... I recently had to re-hash my collection. It looks as if there's an error when it sends the info to AniDB. Attached is the log when I try to re-hash one of the unrecognized files.

I'll look at this tomorrow

tgxiii

Portal Pro
November 17, 2008
A rename function would be nice! I currently rename my episodes manually, and it's a pain. I'd really like to see this feature. I'm curious as to how it would handle putting the episode title in the file name of multi-episode file

I'm curious: Why do you rename your files? With MediaPortal and our plugin it shouldn't really matter what the filename is. The title and other things are nicely shown anyway. But even before I had a mediacenter I almost never renamed files. I always found the series and episode number enough to go by. The only times I renamed files (before I had a HTPC) was to remove inconsistencies in the naming, so the files would sort correctly.

Would you accept "OCD" as an answer? :D I just prefer clean looking files and folders.

But aside from that, it's It's true that with this plugin I can just toss all my anime videos into one folder and leave it at that. For the purposes of just MediaPortal it's sufficient, but outside of MediaPortal I find that renaming the files and organizing them into separate folders makes things easier.

Cinnabuns

Portal Pro
August 2, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America

Yes I had the same problem with the same files.
You just need the latest version of MediaInfo.dll
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-plugins-47/my-anime-2-a-60793/index33.html#post494738

Well that was easy! :D

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Would you accept "OCD" as an answer? :D I just prefer clean looking files and folders.

But aside from that, it's It's true that with this plugin I can just toss all my anime videos into one folder and leave it at that. For the purposes of just MediaPortal it's sufficient, but outside of MediaPortal I find that renaming the files and organizing them into separate folders makes things easier.

+1 Me too! :) Just can't stand those long file names that won't even fully display in Explorer. BTW tgxlii ver 4.5 of theRenamer added anime support using AniDB. I did a test on a few of my files and it worked for me.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    A rename function would be nice! I currently rename my episodes manually, and it's a pain. I'd really like to see this feature. I'm curious as to how it would handle putting the episode title in the file name of multi-episode files.

I do have a problem, though... I recently had to re-hash my collection. It looks as if there's an error when it sends the info to AniDB. Attached is the log when I try to re-hash one of the unrecognized files.

I've verified the ED2K hash and file size with the information on AniDB and they match. The AniDB page for the particular file I re-hashed is here: http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=file&fid=226237

Ok here is the version which should fix your problem
    Version 2.1.1.7

I can't see this problem occurring too often. In fact it is only likely with Haruhi.

tgxiii

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2008

I've verified the ED2K hash and file size with the information on AniDB and they match. The AniDB page for the particular file I re-hashed is here: http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=file&fid=226237

Ok here is the version which should fix your problem
    Version 2.1.1.7

I can't see this problem occurring too often. In fact it is only likely with Haruhi.

Problem fixed! :D

Just curious... what was the problem? I'm wondering why it's only likely to occur with this series.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    tgxiii said:
    Problem fixed! :D

Just curious... what was the problem? I'm wondering why it's only likely to occur with this series.

That episode was listed as both episode 04 and episode 07.
    This is probably related to the curious nature of the series being re-broadcasted in a different manner.
    I don't think this occurs too often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom