My Anime 2 (3 Viewers)

markcar_2000

Portal Pro
July 7, 2009
new york
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
(im trying to use the other form for this but it wont send me a conformation e-mail {it not my spam filter}so i can post )
i want to know the best naming sachem for my files the hash is very hit and miss making the import a long and cumbersome proses i don't mind renaming the files if it make the hash work but are you looking in to a better way with tvdb i had to rename and add unneeded prefixes (s1e?) but it worked every time after that it didn't take ep.1 but not ep.2 in same show i used a file renamer so the only differences is the numbers. i know im rambling so sorry i really like this plug-in and want it to work very much and it look and works great (except toe importer) i have a very large collection and i don't have the time to add each show one at a time because not one took the whole show in one shot .maybe look in to anther database one that not all over the place i dont need the whole world to know my show. i just want the info.

do not in any way get me wrong you are making some thing i cant and im very grateful to you for that i think we all are!

:mad:

FdL

Portal Pro
April 17, 2009
Installed 2.1.2.4. Works like a charm. A bit smoother than the previous one I was using.
I could even get some series working that I had never been able to before. Nice work!

craige1

Portal Pro
February 1, 2008
Alice Springs
Home Country
Australia Australia
markcar_2000

We dont use the file names to detect episodes. Renaming the files will not effect the detection. We hash the data of the files and then look for the matching hash in AniDB.net. All episode info is then retrieved from AniDB.net. If some file are not being detected it means that these files are not in the AniDB database. This is usually due to self encoded files or very unknown encodes. You can add these files to the my anime manually using the config window.

Mcgreag

Portal Member
November 8, 2009
Falun
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
There are a third option as well. The file might be damaged. Just 1 bit different and the checksum won't match.

Anyway I have finally put together our upgraded htpc for our anime club and started indexing my files. 18500 files for a total size of 4.6tb.
It seems to be going at a speed of around 500 files per hour atm so it should be done tomorrow evening. Will report back then with any problems :)

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
There are a third option as well. The file might be damaged. Just 1 bit different and the checksum won't match.

Anyway I have finally put together our upgraded htpc for our anime club and started indexing my files. 18500 files for a total size of 4.6tb.
It seems to be going at a speed of around 500 files per hour atm so it should be done tomorrow evening. Will report back then with any problems :)

Wow 4.6TB, can I join your club ;)
Yeah I'd like to know if you get banned at all hashing that many files. The UDP api developer did some tweaks a while ago, to try and prevent the banning that used to happen.

Regarding the use of file name parsing for identifying files: I have some ideas on this, and we may be able to add it to our plugin as an alternative. It's not quite as easy for us as it is for the mp-tvseries plugin because of the differences in the API's between TvDB and AniDB.

volforto

January 9, 2010
I don't know much about the API, but maybe an option of turning off episode info retrieval would have solve this? This way the series information is still there (in already existing code?), while skipping any complicated episode handling (and therefore the API?). It would then just list the files in alphabetical order without caring what episodes they represent (but then a filename parsing would allow local episode number identification). The only info missing is the episode title and stuff since that part is skipped.

Unless of course the current code also use the file hash to determine the series name. In that case it's probably more complicated.

slamdance

Portal Member
July 9, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Ah sorry about that.
I'll PM you a list of changes from 2.1.1.6 to 2.1.2.4.
I'll also send you a list of changes for 2.2.0.0 (out in a week or so probably)

Are there a lot of skinchanges for 2.2.0.0 ?

Because I'm currently in the process of editing the Monochrome skin to be more in tune for the Monochrome v3.2 release. (see attached Image) and would hate to do it twice ^^

I only redid Anime2_Main.xml at this point though.

Attachments

• MyAnime2 - Monochrome 3..jpg
    MyAnime2 - Monochrome 3..jpg
    232.2 KB

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
slamdance said:

Because I'm currently in the process of editing the Monochrome skin to be more in tune for the Monochrome v3.2 release. (see attached Image) and would hate to do it twice ^^

Wow, that looks quite nice.

No the skin changes will be fairly minor this time. I will be putting up the differences on the wiki later today (about 6:00am where I am now).
I'll PM you when it is done.

thrallz

Portal Member
February 3, 2009
Ah sorry about that.
I'll PM you a list of changes from 2.1.1.6 to 2.1.2.4.
I'll also send you a list of changes for 2.2.0.0 (out in a week or so probably)

I only redid Anime2_Main.xml at this point though.

I'd love to see this release =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom