My Anime 2 (10 Viewers)

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
Is there any chance the plugin will support full fan-art in Black Glass? I currently have a modified version that I made myself, but there are things broken in it (like the utilities menu). Thanks for any info.

What do you mean by full fan-art?

@nyt
You can ignore that null reference error. It is an expected error, I'm just not handling it gracefully.

Are you having the same sorts of problems as pur_berger?

nyt

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Is there any chance the plugin will support full fan-art in Black Glass? I currently have a modified version that I made myself, but there are things broken in it (like the utilities menu). Thanks for any info.

What do you mean by full fan-art?

@nyt
    You can ignore that null reference error. It is an expected error, I'm just not handling it gracefully.

Are you having the same sorts of problems as pur_berger?

I wasn't seeing any of the anime getting added to anidb and everything was coming up as unknown.

edit: it seems to have worked on one of my other computers fine, i'll investigate more on my own.

buddman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2008
    TX
    Home Country
    By full fanart, I mean his new TVSeries style. Right now the skin has a blue background over the fanart and it doesn't match with the rest of his skins in other plugins.

Hodge

Portal Member
    September 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hey, lwerndly, loving the plugin. I haven't had any issues with it now for several versions.

Just wondering if you, or anybody else, feels like supporting the skin Black & White 1080 1.4.

cheers,
    Hodge

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    buddman said:
    By full fanart, I mean his new TVSeries style. Right now the skin has a blue background over the fanart and it doesn't match with the rest of his skins in other plugins.

Ok, I will take a look at this.

Hodge said:
    Hey, lwerndly, loving the plugin. I haven't had any issues with it now for several versions.

Just wondering if you, or anybody else, feels like supporting the skin Black & White 1080 1.4.

This is currently planned for 2.3.
    Although I may just release the skin files for 2.2, if I do it some time soon.

Release 2.2.0.3

Download

FIXED: File data from web cache was not being parsed properly
    FIXED: Clear corrupted file entries from local database

If you have the web cache option turned on (default), I recommend you get this update.

buddman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2008
    TX
    Home Country
    buddman said:

Ok, I will take a look at this.

Thanks lwerndly. Here is a screenshot of it:

52819d1262801748-black-glass-skin-2-1-1-19-10-08.jpg

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi there,

Just a question: Seems like with the last couple of versions the initial startup of the plugin take some time.
    The effect is that at first startup I see the maid (I presume its the hover) and no db entry is displayed.
    After ~20sec the db entries appear.

Any idea whats going on? - or is there a hashing in the background which takes some time as the db is of larger size?

Thanks & Cheers,

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi there,

Just a question: Seems like with the last couple of versions the initial startup of the plugin take some time.
    The effect is that at first startup I see the maid (I presume its the hover) and no db entry is displayed.

Any idea whats going on? - or is there a hashing in the background which takes some time as the db is of larger size?

Thanks & Cheers,

I am guessing that you have a fairly large collection?
    Basically a couple of versions ago, we changed the way views work. For performance reasons, this required that we cache all the groups/series the first time you start up (the 20 second delay).
    Previously it would load the view from disk every time you went back to the group list.

In the current version you probably also see a delay as you navigate back from the episode view to the group list.
    For 2.3 this is now cached as well, so that is is pretty much instant.

So the only delay you will see is the initial loading and the first time you go into a view (All, Faves, etc)

I planning to show a loading indicator, so at least you can tell its doing something

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi there,

Thanks & Cheers,

I am guessing that you have a fairly large collection?
    Basically a couple of versions ago, we changed the way views work. For performance reasons, this required that we cache all the groups/series the first time you start up (the 20 second delay).
    Previously it would load the view from disk every time you went back to the group list.

In the current version you probably also see a delay as you navigate back from the episode view to the group list.
    For 2.3 this is now cached as well, so that is is pretty much instant.

So the only delay you will see is the initial loading and the first time you go into a view (All, Faves, etc)

I planning to show a loading indicator, so at least you can tell its doing something

Correct, the collection is pretty large and behaviour is as described by you for the initial view as well as for the switch between episode- & group view.

As the group view is usually quite stable or contain only very view changes:
    Wouldn't it be possible to cache the group view from the former session and the changed group elements will be added/deleted lateron?

Cheers,

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    yhoogi said:
    Correct, the collection is pretty large and behaviour is as described by you for the initial view as well as for the switch between episode- & group view.

As the group view is usually quite stable or contain only very view changes:
    Wouldn't it be possible to cache the group view from the former session and the changed group elements will be added/deleted lateron?

Yup good idea. I'll test it out

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom