My Anime 2 (4 Viewers)

craige1

Portal Pro
February 1, 2008
Alice Springs
Home Country
Australia Australia
I agree the xfactor skin is great, its also the skin i use with anime2. I also agree the new check boxes are nicer then the "seeing eye". I usually keep xfactor updated with anime2 and since im a developer i submit it into svn as soon as its done. Expect the check boxes to be in by next release.

bert_r

Portal Pro
April 7, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
I agree the xfactor skin is great, its also the skin i use with anime2. I also agree the new check boxes are nicer then the "seeing eye". I usually keep xfactor updated with anime2 and since im a developer i submit it into svn as soon as its done. Expect the check boxes to be in by next release.

Maybe you (or somebody else) could modify the XFactor skin for Anime2 to support the new 'Find' feature? I've updated all skins currently in the Anime2 svn except for XFactor, because I couldn't find a place for the find panel. You can find an example in other skins, or ask here for details.

kaigame

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 9, 2005
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    This plugin is too awesome!!!!!!!

Still got this one last problem with manually added series, cannot get accurate anidb information, well cannot get any anidb information. From within the configuration utility i can click on the anidb link, which takes me to the series, but from within MP, it refuses to update and says "COULD NOT FIND THE SPECIFIED ANIME SERIES", it's completed the artwork, without episode text, but i simply cannot get it to add the correct air dates and episode counts.

Oh, if anyone has any awesome anime backdrops to use with Xfactor, i won't say no :)

Cheers!

craige1

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Alice Springs
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    What i do for xfactor and backdrops is set the menus items background folder to the respected plugins fanart cache folder. What this does is make the MP main menu only show fanart of anime you have when you hover over the anime link, and this will auto update the fanart when you add new shows. This also works for moving pictures and tv series.

In the xfactor config window, select the anime menu link and change the background folder location to (look for these on your own computer first)

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\AnimeThumbs\TvDB\fanart\original

Do the same thing for tvseries

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Fan Art\fanart\original

and moving pictures

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\MovingPictures\Backdrops\FullSize

It really does add to the HTPC effect when your main menu shows fanart of only stuff you have, and does it automatically.

nipper575

Portal Member
    April 30, 2009
    Home Country
    Hi Guys,

I've mucked around with this plugin a bit before but left it due to a few issues (time related). Anyway, I would like to get it going again and have been trying to get it to download episode info to no avail.

I have my AniDB username and password entered, I have followed the quick start guide and it all seems to be working correctly other than the fact that when my episodes are added to the AniDB queue, nothing happens, it just tallies up.

This has me thinking that maybe it isn't finding my anime on AniDB, either that or it just isn't getting through that far. Anyone have some pointers? Anything I may have overlooked. I just watch your average anime shows, nothing special, tengen, one piece, cowboy bebop, Hellsing, Naruto, Bleach etc... All named accordingly, eg. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann 01 - Pierce the Heavens with Your Drill!

Does that need to be named in the SxxExx format to be picked up?

bert_r

Portal Pro
    April 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi Guys,

I've mucked around with this plugin a bit before but left it due to a few issues (time related). Anyway, I would like to get it going again and have been trying to get it to download episode info to no avail.

I have my AniDB username and password entered, I have followed the quick start guide and it all seems to be working correctly other than the fact that when my episodes are added to the AniDB queue, nothing happens, it just tallies up.

This has me thinking that maybe it isn't finding my anime on AniDB, either that or it just isn't getting through that far. Anyone have some pointers? Anything I may have overlooked. I just watch your average anime shows, nothing special, tengen, one piece, cowboy bebop, Hellsing, Naruto, Bleach etc... All named accordingly, eg. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann 01 - Pierce the Heavens with Your Drill!

Does that need to be named in the SxxExx format to be picked up?

The plugin doesn't find the episodes using the filename, it hashes the entire file and looks for this hash on AniDB ... so it doesn't matter at all what the filenames are. Only manually re-encoded files won't be recognized (and files not added in the AniDB database).

Could you post the MyAnime2.log file here (after you've tried an import)? You can find this file with the MediaPortal configuration utility (menu at the top: User Config Files -> Open Log Directory).

nipper575

Portal Member
    April 30, 2009
    Home Country
    The plugin doesn't find the episodes using the filename, it hashes the entire file and looks for this hash on AniDB ... so it doesn't matter at all what the filenames are. Only manually re-encoded files won't be recognized (and files not added in the AniDB database).

Could you post the MyAnime2.log file here (after you've tried an import)? You can find this file with the MediaPortal configuration utility (menu at the top: User Config Files -> Open Log Directory).

Will do, thanks.

Ok, got the log. I can see that there is some sort of issue on what I assume is initiation. Sorry in advance if this is a stupid user error.

atlon

Portal Member
    June 29, 2009
    Is there anyway to include in the next release "play next file" option?

Would be kind of usefull, because in anyme series like one piece with 400 episodes ex: you finish to see episode Nº334 and you haave to go back to episode Nº1 and go down all the list and select the episode Nº335.

Thanks for answer :)

bert_r

Portal Pro
    April 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Is there anyway to include in the next release "play next file" option?

Would be kind of usefull, because in anyme series like one piece with 400 episodes ex: you finish to see episode Nº334 and you haave to go back to episode Nº1 and go down all the list and select the episode Nº335.

Thanks for answer :)

That shouldn't be necessary. When showing the episode list the first unwatched episode is selected. So if you make sure all eps from 1 to 333 are marked as watched, after watching ep 334 ep 335 will automatically be selected. To manually mark an episode as watched, choose the first item in the context-menu (mark as watched).

But maybe a 'play next' could be useful too ... I'll see if it's possible.

Will do, thanks.

Ok, got the log. I can see that there is some sort of issue on what I assume is initiation. Sorry in advance if this is a stupid user error.

An error "An address incompatible with the requested protocol was used" occurs when setting up the UDP connection to AniDB, which is most likely a network problem. Can you use the internet normally? And other networking programs which use other network protocols?
    Reading a bit around on internet, it appears this error may be caused by a corrupted inet stack. This could be the result of an incorrectly uninstalled program, or when removing certain viruses or spyware infections. To solve this do the following: start -> execute -> cmd (needs admin rights in Vista) -> type 'netsh winsock reset'.

Let us know if this works!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom